|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Notices

Affiliate Managers with Data Feeds

Tools Search
Old
http and a telephoto
Send a message via Yahoo to loxly Send a message via Skype™ to loxly
You might want to check out this topic, especially if you recommend WebMerge to your affiliates:

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...2&m=5916094135

I don't seem to have the attention of any of the actually affiliate managers in there, just some kindred spirits and some rogue naysayers...

Deborah Carney
I don't need your traffic, I have my own!
Cool ~~ Networks
http://cool-networks.net
Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi loxly,

I think most of them is still on holiday break.
They usually up and answering questioned.

They are just having some hangover and need some recop! lol...

Happy New Year!

What does the COC stand for? <b>Crooks Overwriting Commissions.</b>
<b>Don't worry! Tracking is infected!</b>
Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)
Old
Nothing "rogue" about those posters--they are some of the best affiliates out there. They learned how to make their own templates and are suggesting that you do the same. Cookie cutter templates are bad for business--remember the Tiger Direct/GoCollect syndrome.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
http and a telephoto
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tzu:
Nothing "rogue" about those posters--they are some of the best affiliates out there. They learned how to make their own templates and are suggesting that you do the same. Cookie cutter templates are bad for business--remember the Tiger Direct/GoCollect syndrome.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't want "cookie cutter" templates, I want templates with the basic datafeed elements already set up. There is a difference.... and I make a lot of money with a GoCollect site.

Deborah Carney
Cool ~~ Networks
Old
ABW Ambassador
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't want "cookie cutter" templates, I want templates with the basic datafeed elements already set up. There is a difference...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not really sure what that difference would be.

I may be wrong, but I don't think most merchants are interested in creating the type of template you desire or would have been making them available by now. I suspect they realize that it would be used to create (I know you dislike the term) cookie-cutter sites by a large number of affiliates with only talent enough to put some sprinkles on the cookies.

I don't believe it benefits them to have hundreds of nearly identical sites in the search engines. I think they prefer a smaller number of sites of affiliates serious enough to take their datafeed and develop their own presentation.

While there are some merchants that will "build a site" for you, you may have a long wait for any number of quality merchants to provide your templates. You might be better off learning ASP or PHP or some other programming language to deal with database connectivity. You will be in business sooner and develop the skills to deal with any datafeed format you come across. I believe that's pretty much the path many or most of us using the feeds have taken thus far.

I know you have started parallel threads about this topic. I never looked at Webmerge and don't know anything about it. In the Webmerge thread, you asked for "building blocks." The fields in the datafeed ARE the building blocks. The template you want is the cookie cutter. Everything else is just sprinkles.

Wayne
Old
Content $ Queen
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loxly:

I don't want "cookie cutter" templates, I want templates with the basic datafeed elements already set up. There is a difference.... and I make a lot of money with a GoCollect site.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking at your GoCollect site - it is just another cookie cutter template site....

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
Old
http and a telephoto
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ebudae:

Looking at your GoCollect site - it is just another cookie cutter template site....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hummm... ok, if you say so. It pays the bills... and links to other sites that are not so cookie cutterish...

Deborah Carney
Cool ~~ Networks
Old
Debbie, you really need to stop about having a business handed to you on cookie cut web temp.
Why don’t the merchants just send you a check!

Web merge works great, I’ve used it for several feeds, Looking at your site gets to the issue ie: you should buy (yes spend a buck) templates if you look hard you can get them for free. Your sites need a fresh’n up.
I don’t mean to be hard, but you may have to pay someone to help you.
Everybody here I’m sure will help, but you want some merchant to give you site, and your going to give them the honor of publishing their site? They could do that themselves, they need different designs and url’s offering their products.
Spend sometime getting some design ideas.

Build a site.....make money, in the time you spent making all these posts You could have built a page or two. I know I could have, good luck!
In looking at the site again on your left nav bar you list two good affiliates here

$10 Betty Mills Coupon - Purchase of $60 or more
Surpluscomputers.com- Internet's BEST DEALS!

two plain text links????

This type of affilate marketing is just NOT Marketing.
It's as bad as a banner link, If I can help PM me.

Mary

[This message was edited by Mary- on January 04, 2004 at 08:23 AM.]
Old
You know being an affiliate and offering merchandise is more than banging out a link or a banner, your suppose to be familiar with a product because in way your endorsing that merchant or a product.

Are you familiar with the products you tout?

I don’t think so, you looking for a quick buck and all the shortcuts you can get from others who have spent the time to learn on their own.

You don’t yet understand web merge, but you tell your users to buy it?

From your site
"WebMerge Software Build websites from affiliate program datafeeds"

101 affilate sales.
This link should go to a page that explains it assets sell them on it, thn send them through the alffiliate link to close the sale.

You said you have plenty of traffic and don’t need more—well you’re the only one on the web!

Build real pages LEARN & STUDY
Old
Outsourced Program Manager
Hello loxly,

Suggestion,

What if instead of just asking for a webmerge template, you have somebody here on ABW that has done one already using webmerge on their own site to design a site or an index and a detail page for you within your own site based on your own input with colors and headings etc.

Exmaple:

1 - Give access to someone here to your site so that they can design a page for you.

2 - Pay this person 10% percent of what ever commission you "net" from that site or page for at least 1 year for having done this page or site for you.

3 - Once you have the page up and running you can re-create your own other pages to other sites etc using the same from your site.

I suggest this, but not that I would do it, do not mind but there are others here with more webmerge experience.
Old
http and a telephoto
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jrami:
Suggestion,

What if instead of just asking for a webmerge template, you have somebody here on ABW that has done one already using webmerge on their own site to design a site or an index and a detail page for you within your own site based on your own input with colors and headings etc.

Exmaple:

1 - Give access to someone here to your site so that they can design a page for you.

2 - Pay this person 10% percent of what ever commission you "net" from that site or page for at least 1 year for having done this page or site for you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, I have a feeling from the responses I have recieved so far that this type of request would REALLY bring out the big guns of rudeness and I would be accused of nothing less than a capital crime.

For two tier programs it would be a good idea for a person to offer something like what you are suggesting, without the direct compensation part (that would be difficult to prove). A number of scripts are available from people to their subaffiliates as an incentive to be a subaffiliate under them for high paying programs.

Deborah Carney
Cool ~~ Networks
Old
http and a telephoto
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim_W:
From your site
"WebMerge Software Build websites from affiliate program datafeeds"

101 affilate sales.
This link should go to a page that explains it assets sell them on it, thn send them through the alffiliate link to close the sale.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sigh, I was going to let this slide, but hell, I am in a mood... Do you have explanation pages like the one above for all the products you sell? Affiliate marketing has two sides, building sites that are rich in content that have affiliate links, that appeal to the targeted traffic that a current site has, and there is the just plain advertising part of it. You do it, I do it, all affiliates do it. Not all merchants provide you with lots of tools and not all of us have time to set up the peripheral pages the minute we find a good product that our site visitors might be interested in. Putting up a plain ol link is the beginning of an affiliate relationship, that I can use as a barometer to see if it should be explored further. Are people clicking on the link? Are they buying? If they click and don't buy, then there is a reason for me to build a sub page. If they don't even bother to click, then that particular product doesn't appeal to my site visitors and can be removed. If they click and go to a sub page and then don't go further, then I can tweak the sub page. If they click, go to the sub page, click through and don't buy, then there is a problem with the merchant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
You said you have plenty of traffic and don’t need more—well you’re the only one on the web!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said I have plenty of targetted traffic and don't need to steal traffic from you or anyone else, which is what my request is being seen as. I am being portrayed as a person that wants to build fast, crappy site to flood the search engines to take *your* traffic away. I am clarifying that I have traffic, I have methods to get more traffic and I want *TARGETTED* traffic, people that find me that are looking for the information that my sites have to offer and for the products I am offering. You can have your top ranking in the SE's and all the diluted traffic you get.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Build real pages LEARN & STUDY <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have and will always continue to. I am not a web newbie, I learn, do research and teach. I have good tools, I am not a fly-by-night. My sites are undergoing design changes, and may look plain to some of you, but I know a lot about what people want when they visit a web site looking to buy and they don't always care about design elements as long as the site looks pleasing and lets them easily find what they want. I listen to my site visitors, to people that shop on the web and read my stats.

The plain ol' GoCollect site that I have up surprized me by it's popularity and will be getting a facelift over the next few weeks.

Teach instead of preach and maybe people will listen.

Deborah Carney
Cool ~~ Networks
Old
Super Sh!t Stirrer
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> they don't always care about design elements as long as the site looks pleasing and lets them easily find what they want. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.
Old
You've complained about the attitudes here but the only person I see being rude and argumentative is you.

I use Datafeeds. I wouldn't expect the Merchant to provide me with a database and a web page to display it on. That is where I do MY work. And by doing that work, my site is different than any other one out there. The more I work on it, the more different it will be and that's the point.

Making a WebMerge template is as easy for me as writing this post. If you don't want to do it yourself, why not pay someone to build you one? After all, this is a business and you can't expect everything to be free or the work done for you.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search