Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

(2002) JCPenney

Tools Search
Old
(2002) JCPenney

Hey guys,
I'd like to join JC Penney's affiliate program, but it's virtually impossible to find it anywhere on Linkshare. The search function of Linkshare never worked, doesn't work, and most probably will never work.
Any JC Penney affiliates here?
Old
Crazy Cat Lady
Send a message via AIM to Heidi Send a message via MSN to Heidi Send a message via Yahoo to Heidi
I think they quit taking on new affiliates a long time ago.

Maybe try writing to them?
Old
2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner 
Like the private invite WalMart program they just don't convert and are certainly not worth putting up web ink or sending them hard earned traffic. Walmart in 2 years 14,312 clicks with total commissions of $26.85. Put that one on your PPC keyword list and your broke.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Thanks for the information Meowser and EcomCity.com

So, what does Private Invite exactly mean? Do they have to find me, have somebody recommend me, or can I email them and ask them whether I can join?

Btw, they are on Linkshare homepage:

Old
ABW Ambassador
Having given this issue much thought (after trying to hunt down the JCP program myself), I came to the conclusion that a "big name" like JC Penney get's to stay in the LS frontpage rotation because they attract other merchants... not lowly affiliates. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old
Hey, they took half a year to approve me, then put me on a 3-month probation (min. $10,000 sales), and then promptly removed me when the 3 month was up, of course.

Best of luck!

Cheers,
T2
Old
ABW Ambassador
After making $20,000+ in sales every month in 2000, JCPenney's promptly dumped me.
Said they didn't want me posting any of their sales, was only to put up JCPenney.com on my site. Mind you, I wasn't even posting coupons, just whatever was on sale.
Seemed like a screwy way to advertise, kind of hard to promote using their name only.

Anyways, they continue to have banner farms in their programs, they have sites in their program that list coupons that expired a loooong time ago and yet booted me out.
Guess they didn't like paying out the big commission checks. They want a program, but not successful affiliates!

I had the same problems with other Linkshare Merchants. I sold a ton for Domestications but was promptly booted. They too continue to have other crappy sites for affiliates.
(nothing personal against crappy sites)

I read and re-read the affiliate agreements but could find nothing I did to cause these actions.
Old
Private Invite means you get to send them traffic for FREE.
Old
Actually the guys who were running JC Penney are now in the unemployment line...the new guys however are only somewhat less clueless about the affiliate program...which is why it's still on hold.

And you are right, none of the biggies like paying big commission checks to anyone.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi All -

Affiliate - JCPenney does continue to maintain an affiliate program in the LinkShare Network. However, JCPenney has decided not to make their program available in the Join Programs area for open application, and instead works with affiliates on a case-by-case basis. If you're interested in working with them, please send me an email at (REMOVED EMAIL ADDRESS) and I will provide you with a means of contacting them with your request.

Connie - Have you had the opportunity to contact either JCPenney or Domestications to discuss being removed from their programs? If you have not and would like more information, I will see what I can do on my end to provide you with specifics.

Best,
Sarah

Last edited by LinkShare Moderator; July 6th, 2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Removed email address - email address not valid.
Old
Domestications were quite good, I recall. But one day the Angel of Death swooped down on my pages and replaced every Linkshare merchant with a CJ one.

I expect it was upset at having to wait so long for its wages.

I
Old
Certified Affiliate Manager
Send a message via AIM to sunshiner Send a message via Yahoo to sunshiner Send a message via Skype™ to sunshiner
Are there any updates on JCPenneys working with affiliates. I see quite a few of my competitors that are not all that above board that have them on their site and wondered if they are worth persuing as a merchant. Any advice.
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound
I never saw this old thread before now, but maybe 3 years or so ago, I tried finding the JCPenny program on LS and eventually contacted LS and was told "the JC Penny program is closed to new affiliates".
phil@abestweb.com
Old
Certified Affiliate Manager
Send a message via AIM to sunshiner Send a message via Yahoo to sunshiner Send a message via Skype™ to sunshiner
Ya, I dug up an old one didn't I. Love using that search. LOL

Thanks for the info.
Old
notary sojac
but with Sears, Target, Walmart, KMart, and even Montgomery Ward (Ward's) having very active affiliate programs . . . maybe JCP just doesn't need the money.
Old
I just received an email yesterday stating they're dropping commission from 4% to 1.5% on 3/01/09 and if I don't respond by 2/25/09 that I'm onboard with it - they're dropping me.

Anyone else get this email? I hope this isn't a new trend because 1.5% is lousy and not a nice way to thank people sending your store sales during the worse economy in decades.
Twitter | Facebook
Old
JCPenney

Hi,
Does anyone know what JCPenney's default publisher commission rate, cookie duration and 3month EPC are?
Thanks!
Old
Sometimes the advertiser and the network end the relationship, but ofcourse the network don't like to tell you that incase you came there especially for that advertiser, nothing worse that joining a network specifically for one advertiser only to find out that they are no longer there

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search