Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Application denied?

Tools Search
Old
Application denied?

I was hoping someone could help me out with a Linkshare question. I'm attempting to apply to Nordstrom's affiliate program, and when I do, I get this message:

Your application to this program has not been processed. This merchant has established certain criteria for affiliates applying to their program. Unfortunately, your site does not meet one or more of these criteria. For more specific approval information, please refer to the merchant's application criteria.

I figured it might have been because I'm in Canada and not the US (which was the reason I couldn't sign up to the Sephora affiliate program), but I can't find any mention of "not living in the U.S." in their Terms and Conditions. Can anyone shed some light?

Thank you!
Old
What's the word?
I live in the United States & got turned down by Nordstrom.
I almost feel that they want a very commercial type site.

Some merchants are not easy to connect with and Nordstrom was one of them (at least for me).

Try Macy's
Old
ABW Ambassador
These happen to all merchants who set up the address filter to screen webmaster's by physical address only, not by site demographics, i don't like this LS feature, i cannot apply to nearly 90 % of the programs, automatically blocked.
Old
What's the word?
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrindavan
These happen to all merchants who set up the address filter to screen webmaster's by physical address only
I must have been denied for a reason other than my address.
I live in the United States.
Old
ABW Ambassador
When you signed up with LS you created a profile which described your web site including monthly and daily visitors. This can be a deciding factor with some merchants. If your indicated traffic is below the merchants requirement, they don't even process your application. As a matter of fact, LS does not even forward it to the merchant. LS rejects the app.

You may want to update your profile.

Gene
TCS
Old
ABW Ambassador
I lost count of how many times they denied me. I think i wore them down and now they are one of my best merchants And like Gene said make sure your profile is up to date especially if your traffic has grown. As time went on my traffic went up and when I updated my profile to reflect that it was easier to get in some programs.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
What's the word?
If it's a matter of traffic, do they look for verifiable proof or is it okay to make up that the site has a million hits a day?
Old
Ahhh - thanks everyone! I knew it had to be due to something in my LS info, because it wasn't a case of someone looking at my site and rejecting me; it was instant.

I'll update my LS profile and hope for the best
Old
Rhia,

You can lie your butt off and put that you have more traffic than Google if you like. The profile is all on your honor. From personal experience you almost need to lie in order to get around this filter feature, and that only gets you past the LinkShare filter the next step is having the merchants accept you based on what you site really is. So based on that its OK to make up a little white lie.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
What's the word?
Thanks, Gorfbassist.

I'm actually in the process (it's taking a while) of changing all of my sites & pages to an xhtml standard.

Sometimes I just write things in my blogs

When everything is up to xhtml standards, perhaps I'll puff up the puffery -- but will merchants be fooled?

Zales, for example, is not an easy merchant to affiliate with (I've been rejected in the past by Zales).
Old
Let's put it this way there are some merchants that auto approve anyone who makes it through the LinkShare filter so with these guys you're golden. However, with some others they actually take the time to go through all that apply. These merchants actually look at your site so if your site is up to par they most likely won't even look at what your profile says traffic is. I've also found that whenever I get rejected from program persistance is the way. Just send the AM a convincing email and usually you're golden.
Old
What's the word?
Thanks for your good advice, Gorfbassist.

Funny thing just happened to me over CJ.

Priceline.com, a company that sells vacation, car rentals, and hotel packages via a reverse auctioning system, sent me an e-mail urging me to apply -- they even included an extra deal if I applied right away. Okay, I applied and guess what? Then I got a rejection letter in my CJ mail from them.

I don't understand why companies send out requests for affiliates to join without screening the recipients in the beginning.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search