Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

(Minor) Complaints about Linkshare Checks

Tools Search
Old
ABW Ambassador
Complaining at all about checks which are in good old US Dollars seems akin to biting the hand that feeds, so, I say this is only a minor complaint.

The Linkshare check stuffing and envelope licking hamster has been somewhat naughty lately.

Several checks that I get from LS are missing the bottom 2/3 of the piece of paper, the "stub" I guess. I really don't care all that much as it saves me the trouble of tearing it off and disposing of it myself, but, it makes me wonder just what is going on when ones are randomly missing. Using paper that is 3 times as big is what is required for the check also seems very environmentally unfriendly (I'm no tree-hugger and I really don't care all that much...but...still). Considering there are no consolidated checks (hoping there will be one day!) that adds up to a lot of extra paper being wasted. Now, if LS were to print the merchant's name and the check amount, date and payment period, along with check number (currently the only data on that piece of paper), it would be truly useful. That would be great. Any chance that might happen? It would help a bit with some people's check tracking and reconciliation. (BeFree prints the amount, check number, date, etc, but no merchant name - go figure!) Another minor complaint WRT to the 3 times too big paper is that when you have a stack of 100 checks in front of you, its a real pain in the butt to tear them all off. Half of mine always tear at the fold, which is usually NOT the same as the perforation. Ocassionally one will even rip almost through the MICR, I'm not sure how the banks process those.

Also, a lot of checks I received in the last week have been folded incorrectly making them even harder than normal to tear. The fold went almost right through the MICR on a few of these, and several are crooked.

None of this would really be a problem if we received one, or even a few, checks in a month, rather than one for each mercahnt, so, I'd like make an official consolidated check (and/OR direct deposit) suggestion. I'm not sure how most would feel about this, but, personally I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for the checks if it meant I'd get only one or even a few consolidated one. Say every two weeks you cut each affiliate a check for whatever funds are due from whatever merchants have paid up during those two weeks. This would obviously cause an extra delay of less-than-or-equal-to 2 weeks depending on when in the 2 week window the merchant paid up, but, that is fine to me. Some like the funds as soon as possible, so, maybe many would disagree.

I'd like to also once again complain about the website name being printed as part of the mailing address on the checks. It confuses the postal workers, and the bank tellers for those of us who either have no D/B/A on file with the bank, or have a different name than what is listed at LS as our primary website name.

Again, I hate to complain about incoming money, but, well, I guess I am. Thanks for any consideration on these issues. I'm also interested if other affiliates and or merchants have similar views or think I'm just crazy to complain about the checks.

I would like to give Kudos where Kudos is due, and say that I have not received an unsealed check lately. So either there were some unsealed ones that the postal service sent to the dead letter file and/or destroyed in processing, or the hamster's tongue has been kept more wet.
Old
ABW Ambassador
One more minor thing, the incorrect dates and especially the spelling errors in the memo fields of some of the checks do not instill much confidence.

Is the check licking hamster also typing the memo field of each check individually?
Old
I wondered about the missing stub in my latest. Just relieved it's the bottom two thirds missing and not the top third

Would also like to see check info printed on the stub, too. Would make record keeping much easier.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
I would happily manually tear 100 checks I think I would dance naked in the street if I received 100 checks in a month

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com
Old
ABW Ambassador
Perhaps 100 is an exaggeration.. And it includes some from "that other network" ... and I'm lazy and let them pile up.

But... maybe not ..

----
-J
The neighbors complain about the noises above ...
Old
You mean you actually let checks pile up??

Lol
Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi Joseph,

Thank you for this feedback. I have passed along your comments to my accounting team. Some of the recent issues you experienced, such as missing check stubs, inconsistent folding, etc., were due to mechanical problems with the machine that 'stuffs' the checks. We've replaced this machine, so you should no longer experience these troubles. Additionally, we're working with our development team to investigate including merchant information on the payment stubs.

Sarah
Old
ABW Ambassador
if you are a super affiliate,

you have to employ a part time staff to open, tear off, follow up with lost mail caused by postal error, checking for errors, reconcile, report checking, record keeping those many checks each month coming from LS and Befree.

This is several hours workload for the experience staff. or a day or two for someone new for the task. Depends on the check volume.

Good Luck to you if your total is less than 150-200 pieces. Do not report this case to those Envornmentalists.

For Performics , cj, shareasale's check, you can do it yourself. It takes less than a minute.

http://8n.nu/
Old
ABW Ambassador
Today, i just received a check from Befree that was damaged by USPS.

The USPS staff put the damaged check (tear off in half by postal machine, i think, only one part remain ) in another envelope and sent to me.

It is useless to me now, USPS should send the damaged check to the sender's address/Befree.

Old
I just had a check sent from Linkshare that had the signature corner completely torn off (envelope was fine). Go figure.
Old
ABW Ambassador
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I just had a check sent from Linkshare that had the signature corner completely torn off (envelope was fine). Go figure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were just getting their share...

-wayne

Wayne Porter
V.P. Product Development
AffTrack LLC.
http://www.afftrack.com
http://www.revtrends.com
Get a free two-week trial use code ABWEB at RevTrends.com
Old
ABW Ambassador
Is this story true or not ??
or just rumour ??

Befree and LS do not consolidate check cutting because most of their big affiliates like to continue receive MANY MANY checks monthly instead of just ONE.

Therefore Befree & LS do not have the intention to consolidate check cutting.

Again if this true, is it because the big affiliates partners have more financial resources to employ additional staff to take care of such huge volume of checks every months.

Don't forget to count those checks from merchants you partner with who are not in any network.

Old
ABW Ambassador
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Thank you for this feedback. I have passed along your comments to my accounting team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi, Sarah,
Thanks for following up on this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ome of the recent issues you experienced, such as missing check stubs, inconsistent folding, etc., were due to mechanical problems with the machine that 'stuffs' the checks. We've replaced this machine, so you should no longer experience these troubles.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unfortunately I'm still receiving checks folded incorrectly. Received one today: JCrew Feb (crosseed out, handwritten Mar) 2003, dated 5/6/2003, another dated 5/7, and a few others dated as early as 4/29/2003.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>you have to employ a part time staff to open, tear off, follow up with lost mail caused by postal error, checking for errors, reconcile, report checking, record keeping those many checks each month coming from LS and Befree.

This is several hours workload for the experience staff. or a day or two for someone new for the task. Depends on the check volume.
--
Befree and LS do not consolidate check cutting because most of their big affiliates like to continue receive MANY MANY checks monthly instead of just ONE.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree, it is quite a job. Imagine how many hours are wasted, times how many affiliates have to do it. :| I can't speak for "big affiliates" but I get enough (little) checks and can't imagine why anyone would want that...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>They were just getting their share... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sarah,
Good luck in getting all these issues worked out.

Thanks.

----
-J
When you're down It's a long way up
When you're up It's a long way down
Old
ABW Ambassador
OK, am I being singled out now because I posted this? I got a batch in today of checks dated 5/7-5/9 and they're worse than any previous! I hope that new machine came with a return policy. :|

----
-JM
Old
ABW Ambassador
I like the time history where there is no check stub to tear off.

Save Time !

Old
I have a minor add on to this complaint. Check envelopes glued together. So when I get a check for us...another companies for the same program is stuck underneath it. I'm an honest person (unless of course that 2nd check is for a parasite and stick them back in the mail - but this has happened here twice in the past 45 days (2 checks rcv'd by us that weren't ours).

With my best,

Liz
http://Styleforfree.com
Old
ABW Ambassador
Wow, Liz, I haven't had that experience yet. I wonder if any of my checks ever got sent to someone else. sigh.

OT, I do get a lot of mail clearly addressed to a different address. I am kind enough to pass it along, but, I sometimes wonder how many pieces of my mail were misdelivered and then not returned. But thats a USPS problem, can't pin that one on LS.

----
-JM
Old
ABW Ambassador
Joseph Monuit

Postal error is a major reason
why consolidate check cutting.

Less check send out --&gt; less postal error chance.

Another suggestions
1. Please use larger font size to print all the text on the checks. ( esp. The check amount in number )My eyes are bad.

2. Try not to make mistake in the memo field on the check. The bank clerk always complain me why there is alteration on the checks.

Old
Sorry -- didn't make myself clear

The 2 checks are in 2 different envelopes. But it looks like when they get
sealed, the 2 envelopes get sealed together - thus I end up with both.

I always hop them right back in the mail -- just something I thought LS
might want to know about. I think your envelope sealer is a bit stickier
than others - yet tempremental. It only happens once a month (usually around
the first week)

: )

With my best,

Liz
http://Styleforfree.com
Old
ABW Ambassador
LOL, liz, I knew what you meant.

Vrindavan, Yes I agree about everything you said! Except maybe the size of the print. It seems standard to me and I can read it fine, so can the bank.. I never could understand how so many checks come with errors/corrections in the memo field. I suppose the check printing process is separate and not directly fed by the same backend that keeps track of the commissions.. some clerk must have to manually type in Vendor name Mar 2003, or something.

----
-JM
Old
ABW Ambassador
Yes, the text do looks sharp and clear.

It is just my eye problem.

when i am a bit tired working,
i can read the number wrong in the first grance.
i have to confirm the number by look at it a second time. Or pay more attention to it.

may be the green wave background effect.

But a little larger size font can do a lot better. Anyway, the numbers are using just tiny space on a large piece of paper.

Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi All -

Based on feedback we received from you, LinkShare has enhanced the information included on your affiliate payment checks. The merchant name, payment period, and commission amount will now appear on the payment stub of your affiliate check. We have also upgraded the machine that 'stuffs' the checks, so there should no longer be troubles with inconsistent folding. Please let me know if you have additional feedback, and I will be happy to pass this information along. And as soon as I get more information about the status of consolidated checks, I'll let all of you know!

Sarah
Old
Merchant
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LinkShare Moderator:
Hi All -

Based on feedback we received from you, LinkShare has enhanced the information included on your affiliate payment checks. The merchant name, payment period, and commission amount will now appear on the payment stub of your affiliate check. We have also upgraded the machine that 'stuffs' the checks, so there should no longer be troubles with inconsistent folding. Please let me know if you have additional feedback, and I will be happy to pass this information along. And as soon as I get more information about the status of consolidated checks, I'll let all of you know!

Sarah<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sarah, thank you! I received a Linkshare check today and was pleasantly surprised to see all the info I normally had to handwrite already on the check stub. And checks I received last week were folded by the mail gerbil but this one today came in folded perfectly. I am a happy camper with the changes. Thanks!
Old
Mama in Charge
I will enjoy being able to rip off the stubs on the dotted line.. My bank was about to kill me last month with all of the torn checks.. that was a mess! Thank you !

PS love the new SEALED envelopes!!
Old
Excellent! No more torn checks for me..

Now if we can just get consolidated payments and direct deposit !!

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search