Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Service Magic Takes My Commissions and Runs!

Tools Search
Old
More Cheesier Than Ever
Service Magic Takes My Commissions and Runs!

Suddenly, Service Magic is no longer showing up in my reports as an active merchant. And my commissions are gone! And they have not paid me for the last few months of commissions! I had one text link on my home page of a very popular home-related site, sending them top-quality traffic - NO funny business on my part. No PPC either. But my link will come down, unless this is resolve quickly.

What is going on????

I demand an explanation. I emailed them (from their affiliate page link) but have not heard back.

Service Magic, you can not do this to folks without some really big negative ramifications! If there has been some mix-up, please respond to your emails. Or post on this thread and leave some contact info.
Old
15 years and counting
Service Magic is part of the lovely IAC group, IAC/InterActiveCorp
Remember, all these screensavers, smiley, ask ... and MyWebSearch.com stealing our commissions
Old
15 years and counting
I had a look in my LinkShare account and they are not there anymore. I signed up a long time ago, I did fine with them but I removed my links after IAC took over. They are not in my list of inactive merchants {*}. How can they disappear like that?
Also, on the Service Magic front page the "affiliates" link is deactivated. But if you check them closely you can find a page to sign up affiliates for their private program.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Cheesehead, what do you get when you click on your Service Magic affiliate link? Are you sent to the Service Magic site or do you get Page Cannot Be Displayed?

If the program has been deactivated, you should have been notified by Linkshare so I would email Linkshare Support right away. Find out the status of the program and the status of past due commissions. Based just on what you've said, this seems to be a Linkshare issue. Of course, payment is the responsibility of the merchant.
Old
More Cheesier Than Ever
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
Cheesehead, what do you get when you click on your Service Magic affiliate link? Are you sent to the Service Magic site or do you get Page Cannot Be Displayed?
Goes to Service Magic site.
Old
More Cheesier Than Ever
And, I just found this:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
That alone is enough to send me elsewhere - I value my visitors.
Old
Antisocial Media Expert
I called them once.They had someone call me back that was in a different state. It took us awhile to realize it because he was trying to come out and fix the lines but he couldn't find it on the map. Some of the streets I was telling him were similar to the ones in his state. Finally we figured it out and I had no idea why they'd have him call me.
Old
ABW Ambassador
They disappeared from my acct. also. Last email I got was Feb. 12 changing TOS.

Doesn't mean anything to me though, wasn't promoting them anyway. I did a test purchase once and it didn't track.
Old
ABW Ambassador
All -

Service Magic, along with some other lead (or form) advertisers, have been migrated from our Affiliate Network into our Lead Advantage Network. Here is an email that was sent out explaining this switch: http://helpcenter.linkshare.com/publ...questionid=291.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Sorry for any confusion.

Ranae
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
15 years and counting
I checked SynergyAnalytics. They are still listed and they have paid their last LS invoice.
That's strange.
Old
ABW Ambassador
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
All -

Service Magic, along with some other lead (or form) advertisers, have been migrated from our Affiliate Network into our Lead Advantage Network. Here is an email that was sent out explaining this switch: http://helpcenter.linkshare.com/publ...questionid=291.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Sorry for any confusion.

Ranae
That actually was something that I tried to look into an hour or so ago but when I clicked on the dropdown menu, only the Linkshare Network is listed. How does one gain access to the Lead Advantage Network?

Also, the message you linked to is undated.

EDIT: I see the answer to my question at #11 on http://www.linkshare.com/rc/leadadvantage_faqs.html
Old
More Cheesier Than Ever
Thanks Linkshare Moderator for clarifying. What was puzzling was that my regular reports still showed Service Magic and all the impressions and click-thrus for the month, yet the sales were changed to zero, leading me to believe they were reversed. I went into the Lead Advantage Interface and checked around, but was having a difficult time generating a report for the month listing merchants, impressions, clicks, and sales. I was able to find the payment report (which I could not find in the regular reporting) and Service Magic did send a check out in the last day. All I found was a report listing revenue (I think). I think what may have happened with the email sent to me was since it stated that no changes in links were needed, I did not look into it further, figuring my sales would still show up as usual.

I apologize for going a bit overboard, but since Service Magic did not get back to me and from what I was seeing in reports, it appeared that I simply would not get paid. That is not the fact, as I did find the payment report in the Lead Advantage reporting after you posted.

This was a LinkShare issue, rather than a Merchant issue, and I am sure that LinkShare Help could have straightened this out for me. But since merchant reporting is generally an issue one takes up with the merchant, I assumed this to be a Merchant issue. When I didn't hear back from the Merchant, I (erroneously) felt my only recourse was to post here.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search