Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: Is there delayed reporting?

Tools Search
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Is there delayed reporting?

I haven't seen any sales posted for two days now, for both US & UK (which hasn't happened in months).

Is there a reporting delay?

All other networks tracking normally over the weekend, so I'm pretty sure it's not site performance.

Thanks
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:13 PM
LS Merchants report sales in batch mode

I believe LS Merchants report Sales to LS in batch mode. I notice LS seems to record transactions very early in the mornings (4 to 7 A.M., but I'm not positive if that is E.D.T.). I have seen delays of as many as four (4) days, after a transaction, before it shows up on the LS statistics. That would be, for example, a sale made on a Saturday, that I might not see until the following Wednesday.
Hardly real time, but I believe LS is very honest with the transactions. Normally, there might be a 2 day delay, from the day of the sale to the day you see it on LS. I believe that I usually see transactions recorded on Tuesdays thru Saturdays. Surprisingly, one showed up yesterday, in the afternoon, on a Sunday.
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:50 PM
ABW Ambassador
My last sale is showing as 5/8/2010 21:09:00. I think that transactions from 5/9 have not posted yet and I am referring to a large retailer that posts daily, usually early morning but sometimes is late.

I also still frequently see bugs in the date processing on the reports, typically when I am checking stats in the middle of the day. Sometimes I have to back the date up 2 - 3 days to see current data in the reports. So I sometimes think that no transactions have posted but then find out its a bug in the reporting and they do show up if I use day after tomorrow's date.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Some advertisers delayed, 08 to 10 May 2010

I was on LinkShare a few minutes ago and there is something I do not believe I have ever seen before. There is a note that reporting for some advertisers, for 08 to 10 May 2010 is delayed. It is on the upper left hand side of the web page when you log in.
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
ABW Ambassador
Thanks Lanny. I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. The transactions from 5/9 that I thought were missing did show up today so that explains it.
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Cathy: You're welcome. A sale from the 8th showed up this morning

style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyM View Post
Thanks Lanny. I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. The transactions from 5/9 that I thought were missing did show up today so that explains it.
Hi Cathy: You are welcome! I was on LS a few minutes ago. A sale that was made on Saturday the 8th, is now showing. This is the morning of the 12th. I find that is common, and that almost always there is at least a 2 day delay, before sales show up. Sometimes like this one, a 4 day delay.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:09 AM
ABW Ambassador
Hi All,

As stated in the Publisher Dashboard, there may be a data delay in reporting the transactions that occurred between May 8, 2010 and May 10, 2010. All of your clicks and sales have been tracked. Thank you for your patience.

--Ranae

Last edited by LinkShare Moderator; May 17th, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM
sale on 07 May shown on LS on 13 May (6 days)

I just saw a sale on LS that was made on 07 May 2010, in the morning. It is shown in Signature Orders with the date 13 May 2010. 6 days. I have seen four (4) days frequently (especially sales on Saturdays), and two (2) days is a normal delay, but I think 6 days is the record. So, yes, there is delayed reporting, but eventually the sales show up OK.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search