Welcome, guest! Login Join
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

Notices

How many links in one page before Google gags?

Tools Search
Old
How many links can you have on a single page before Google (and other SE) will stop crawling them?

100? 200? more? less?
Old
ABW Veteran Student
I believe google will crawl all of them eventually (they may take their time). Keep in mind that the number of links determines the importance of each on the page.
Old
ABW Ambassador
The only reference anywhere at Google to a maximum number of links is its request to keep links under 100 per page on your index pages. At least one person here (LEADER) has reported Google following links of about 7000 on a page. I cut my pages up when they reach 100 to follow Googles rule and also having more pages to optimise is definitely a plus.

[Edit: Sorry Netsu... misread the question. Sorry Heyder posted at the same time and didnt see yours ]
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Veteran Student
Don't be, I'm just trying to win the 250,000th post.
Old
ABW Ambassador
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
Don't be, I'm just trying to win the 250,000th post.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I am trying to get rid of my confounded full member status... 14 posts to go!!!!!
Old
pph Expert!
Send a message via AIM to Gordon
Heyder

it won't be long now DPG then you go to "trainee elite member" for another 500 posts then you get to "elite member" for another 1000 posts then you get to superstar status "Super Member" but if you do anything wrong in the meantime or make any supid posts you get demoted to "Moderator"

I got my t-shirt
Did I win the 200,000 post?
Take care
YouTrek.com
Old
ABW Ambassador
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> it won't be long now DPG then you go to "trainee elite member" for another 500 posts then you get to "elite member" for another 1000 posts then you get to superstar status "Super Member" but if you do anything wrong in the meantime or make any supid posts you get demoted to "Moderator" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Gordon you crack me up. I don't think I will make any of the above at this rate. Although I try to be polite I have this most annoying habit of typing exactly what I think and not what decorum suggests I should type. I have the subtlety of a building site implement used to break down walls and will do my best not to get banned before I get to 600posts. Either that or I will be confined to the deep dark recesses of the search engine threads
Old
ABW Ambassador
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but if you do anything wrong in the meantime or make any stupid posts you get demoted to "Moderator" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Doh !

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life
Old
ABW Veteran Student
Mark have you noticed you only have 4 red dots below your name? Those dots determine a persons worth and importance.
Old
ABW Adviser Panel
I can see eight dots if I drink enough.

Seriously though, a huge number of internal links does seem to dilute PageRank, and a small number seems to preserve it.

________
All your commission are belong to us.
Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.
Old
Google will start to choke at around 200 links / page... and won't index anything after 101kb (may still detect links though. Seems to depend on PR stuff in both cases)

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search