Welcome, guest! Login Join
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

Critique: SAS site usability and support mails.

Tools Search
Old
Critique: SAS site usability and support mails.

Hi,

As newcomers, we have noticed a couple of things that we'd like to know more about:

1. The SAS site doesn't play with the major Mac OS X browsers (Firefox, Safari). Images ("creatives") won't upload, etc. Are you aware of this and planning a re-design the site to fix this and make the site more 2008 in general?

2. We have a support ticket going on. Each time you reply, all the content, including previous correspondence (same ticket) is mysteriously added (even when we hade deleted all in our reply) - and doubled. Last reply from SAS had 5,000 lines in it. Could you please take a look at this?

Thanks!
Old
ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran
Dan,

Thanks Dan... I'll take a look at both and see what we can do. I agree actually on the support emails cause I get the same ones It is designed to make sure that the conversation continues and that people are reminded of the past responses, but I know it does copy it 2wice and sometimes the tickets can get quite long. Ahyhow, thanks for your feedback and hopefully I'll be able to get a resolution to these for you.

Brian Littleton
President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.
Old
ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran
Dan,

I uploaded some banners using Safari without trouble... can you tell me maybe exactly what browser you were on and what page you were on, etc... ? Might help me troubleshoot....

Brian Littleton
President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound
I've had a SAS account for about 1-1/2 years now, never used anything but a Mac, with either FF or Safari, and never and a problem like what Dan describes.
phil@abestweb.com
Old
Oops...You are right, my mistake . I meant this options to upload a logo.

I have not compared all site functions on both Mac and PC (not enough time). I just have a creepy feeling that there might be more functions that aren't working 100 % on Mac.

If you could make a thorough check link by link, function by function, etc, with a Mac (at least Safari and FF) and PC to make sure everything works, I think both you, your affiliates and your merchants would benefit from it...

Cheers,
Dan
Old
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
I've had a SAS account for about 1-1/2 years now, never used anything but a Mac, with either FF or Safari, and never and a problem like what Dan describes.
No, I made a mistake. Meant the logo upload function...sorry. Good to hear it seems to be OK, though, so thanks for posting. When one function doesn't work as supposed, I always get this gnawing feeling that there are more.... Especially since the site's markup is full of deprecated and/or invalid code and lacking e.g. something as basic as a doctype declaration.

Have you been using the site a lot on Win too, so you can say that it's working the same on both platforms?

(Strong hint in Brian's direction here...I think SAS need to revamp the site and have it designed according to web standards a.s.a.p. If not, the day when even people on Win won't be able to use it as intended is coming closer).

Hope I'm not coming across as a whiner because of this. Just feel I had to make SAS aware of what's going on.

Cheers,
Dan
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search