Join

Thread: Problems getting affiliates Email adresses

Tools Search
Old October 29th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Outsourced Program Manager
Send a message via Skype™ to Richard - AMWSO
Problems getting affiliates Email adresses

Hello Brian;

I have been sending you emails for 2 weeks about this but still have not received an response.

I just ran a report to grab some a new affiliate emails (via the csv file) for Digestinol and when i went to download it.
first I could not open it but had to save it (where as before I could just open it in Notepad) and then when i did save it and looked at it I saw NO email address listed at all.

We were approved for the privacy waiver on the 10th of March and since then all has been fine up until 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Before we had many email's them listed now there are none. What happened?

Richard

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:01 PM
ABW Ambassador
There is a csv file that affiliate managers or merchants can download of their affiliate e-mail addresses? Is that something special SaS set up as I don't see that available under my merchant menu system?
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:28 PM
ABW Veteran
I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this thread!
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:06 PM
ABW Ambassador
Well, that is the other part of my thought process...I had no idea that there was a way for merchants to access this information. I'm not necessarily asking for it, I'm just asking if it is currently possible. This is the first time I've heard of such a possibility.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:15 PM
nothing to be concerned / worried about

Hi all;

SAS offers merchants a privacy waiver that allows affiliates, when they sign up, to enter their email address's. tel numbers, home adress etc. and make this info availbale to the AM. I thought this was not something secretive at all as any Merchant can request it.

IT does not mean an affiliate has to, if he doesen't wish to, Only that they can make their info avialable to the AM/

Why would an affilate want to hide his email>

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:24 PM
ABW Ambassador
Richard,

Thanks for clarification. I was totally unaware that affiliates or merchants could do this. If affiliates are agreeing to make this available to their respective AM's and merchants, then I see no reason why it cannot be accessed.

You might try calling the SaS offices directly. I know you may be on a time zone across the planet, but I've found the phone to be the best way to get quick answers from the SaS folks.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Hi;

Yes they have to, (the affiliate) agree to make the info available and they can also choose what info is available to the merchant/AM.

What surprises me is it worked for the past 5 months but now all of a sudden the info is not there.

I am not big into phones as I am in Thailand but usually Brian or Michael responds to my emails pretty fast.

For all merchants its called a "privacy waiver" and you only need ask Brian to add it to your program.

Old October 30th, 2007, 06:43 AM
ABW Ambassador
psssst It's not a secret It's been there quite a while and now I know why all of you don't do it. lol always wondered why only some of ya did and now I know.
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Analytics Dude
I would quickly add that as an OPM, I wouldn't be comfortable in downloading a list of affiliate contact information to my local PC, even if it were available.

The way I see it, that information belongs to my merchant, not me.

Too many bad things could happen if I had that list locally, and I don't use any of that affiliate info to cross promote programs, directly, or indirectly.

Instead, I recruit the old fashioned way. Using search tools to find relevant websites.

This isn't directed at you, Richard, btw... Just noting that since downloadable data got mentioned in this thread, I'd throw in my 2 cents.

edit: Using data availalble to you inside the SAS interface is of course perfectly acceptable for working within the confines of a program. I wish more affiliates made it available easily as well, but I'm not sure it's always in their best interest.

Kayak Fishing
Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing
Old October 30th, 2007, 12:05 PM
ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran
Richard,

Did you open a trouble ticket from your account? If so let me know the ticket ID and i'll find out why it has gone unresponded to.

Brian Littleton
President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.
Old October 30th, 2007, 10:26 PM
i did not open a ticket but sent emails which before have always been repsonded to .

I will open a ticket now

Noth;
Why wouldn't you be comfortable downloading the info? I don't understand

The information belongs to the Am if the affiliate wishes to share it as he is the one responsable for the affiliate program.

What does this have to do with recruting affiliates? I like having the email of the affiliates so i may contact him directly and i recruit via my lists of past and present affiliates (if they are relevant to the program i am working for) plus many many other ways.
This is a primary "hit" list for future affiliates for new program, ie those i have worked with in the past.

Old October 31st, 2007, 06:48 AM
Analytics Dude
It's not a huge deal Richard. I was just saying that the potential for abuse exists for an OPM if it's too easy to grab a big list of contact info for affiliates that belong to a specific program, and then they can use that list to recruit for a different program.

That's all. Again, wasn't saying you were doing that, but it's a small question of who that data belongs to: The OPM or the merchant.

Kayak Fishing
Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search