Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Things we need to fix...

Tools Search
Old
ABW Ambassador
Was checking for coupons in the Deals Database. Is there anyway to make the merchants show up in alphabetical order? Thanks.

Edited to add: I also noticed they're not all grouped together. Scrolling thru I can see Merchant X coupons then some other merchants, then Merchant X pops up again. If you can get them all together. Thanks.
Old
Outsourced Program Manager
Send a message via AIM to Michael Nunez Send a message via MSN to Michael Nunez Send a message via Yahoo to Michael Nunez
Hey Brian,

This isn't something you need to "fix", but it is something I've always longed for as an AM. What I'd like to see is a way to distinguish where affiliates that are signing up for your program are coming from. For example, I wish I could have different links for each source, such as:

1. Abestweb
2. Internal Network recruitment
3. Email recruitment
4. Signed up from my homepage
5. OPM recruitment

and so on. Further, I'd like to see how each of these sources are performing. That way, I can allocate recruitment funds skewed to the highest performing recruiting source.

Thanks,

-Michael
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Richard - AMWSO
Brain;

I have an auto message that goes out when the affiliate is accepted. I use the code !!USERNAME!! so that they are given their username.

BUT each time the name is not replaced when the message goes out

"...As soon as you can go to your
admin page at http://www.shareasale.com/ and grab a banner or text link.

Your
user name is; !!USERNAME!! ...."

I was told it was fixed but an affiliate wrote me and included the acceptance note and it was as above.

Second. I have sent in our data base. How will I know when it is up and ready for the affiliates to grab?
When an affiliate asks to use FTP access and I approve, does he receive a note or do i need to write him and let him know?

Thanks

Richard Reitman
Affiliate Marketing Manager

Fine Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby
Gold, Silver & Platinum Jewelry

Richard@gemdreamz.com
Gemdreamz.com
Join Program

Old
AM Navigator
Send a message via Skype™ to Geno Prussakov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO
...I have sent in our data base. How will I know when it is up and ready for the affiliates to grab?
You will receive a "Datafeed Upload Completed" e-mail with a detailed report of how your records were imported.

Quote:
When an affiliate asks to use FTP access and I approve, does he receive a note or do i need to write him and let him know?
Good question. I also wonder if SaS notifies affiliates... But I myself always notify each and every affiliate myself, including a bonus offer if they jump on that feed right out and integrate it into a website.

Geno

Twitter.com/ePrussakov
My blog - 1,300+ posts || My books & articles - aka "my publications"
Old
AM Navigator
Send a message via Skype™ to Geno Prussakov
On SaS' homepage - in the Affiliates paragraph - it says: "There are currently over 1,700 Merchants plugged in to the Shareasale.com network..." Is this accurate, Brian? My rough estimate is telling me that this number is more like 3,000+

Geno
Old
SaS Improvements

Brian,

I should start off by saying thanks. Thank you for operating an excellent network. It has been a pleasure working with you as well as the wonderful SAS support team. They are always great and if any problems arise, they get on it right away.

In regards to the SAS system, there are two ideas I have that I feel would be helpful to SAS merchants and their affiliates.

1) On the "Bonus Programs", I would like to see the ability to provide a % bonus as well as a dollar amount bonus. This works in the favor of the affiliate.

Please see the below example.

Example:
If commissions for current month are greater than $500 give affiliate a $50 bonus.
If commissions for current month are greater than $1000 give affiliate a $125 bonus.

Based upon the above example, an affiliate earning $950 would only be given a $50 bonus. This is approximately a 5.25% bonus. On the other hand, an affiliate earning $500 also earns a $50 bonus, which is approximately a 10% bonus.

With the method I am proposing merchants would be able set it up similar to the following:

If commissions for current month are greater than $500, give affiliate a bonus equal to 10% of affiliate earnings.
If commissions for current month are greater than $1000, give affiliate a bonus equal to 12.5% of affiliate earnings.

Based upon this example, an affiliate earning $950 would receive a bonus of $95 rather than $50. This is nearly 100% more than the $50 dollar bonus. All of this adds up to... additional money in the affiliate’s pocket!

2) Also, We would like to see the ability to track where affiliate signups through the SAS system came from. As an example, we could set up an ABW announcement with a tracking URL where source=abw. Then, when the affiliate enrolls in our program, there would be an interface for us to track this within the SAS merchant toolbox. Also, on the affiliate details section, it could include a referrer field that shows where they signed up from.

Thank you once again for your support and SAS's open mindedness toward positive suggestions. We look forward to seeing the above changes implemented within the SAS network.

Best Regards,

Zach Hamilton
AmeriTrustRx
Old
The "other" left wing
Send a message via Yahoo to davidh
I think merchants that have not clocked a sale withing a reasonable time frame (3 months? 6 months?) should be quarantined so that we don't have to dig through a pile of duds every time we are looking for a merchant to promote.
Old
Affiliate Manager
SAS Improvements

Brian - I appreciate what I am reading here, both from ABW members and your replies.

Looks like you have a ton of work ahead - but input is a great thing to have, and a great way to display the integrity of your program.

Keep up the good work!

Alan Hamilton
AmeriTrustRx
Old
Mama in Charge
Ok, I didn't read the whole thread so please forgive me if I have duplicated a request.

Here is my dream for SAS. I would like a way to get coupons, sales, and special offers for all of my merchants without having to go to that one page you have and cut and paste each one, one by one by one by one. Something similar to Performics Orange links would rock. I have not been in the interface to get coupons in some time, as I found it too cumbersome. I would like to just have an email that has every new coupon for my merchants, with links, daily, weekly, or something similar.
Old
They added a couple new options recently:

* Instant Auto-Notification of new deals/coupons (RSS Feed)
* Quick Database of all available coupons (Your merchants only)
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Old
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via AIM to nish Send a message via MSN to nish Send a message via Yahoo to nish
Brian,

From the merchant's perspective, here are the few things that I would like to see at SAS (btw.. have gone through a few pages of this thread, not all. So don't know if these points are already raised).

1. An option to ftp new coupons in a specified format (similar to data feed). For example, MontRED has daily & weekly deals. It would be a pain to upload new coupons every day at midnight PST.

2. Being able to browse the uploaded banners by sizes (100x100, 125x125 etc).

3. This is more of a question: Can we use javascript to provide dynamic info to the affiliates. This maybe used for banners/text-links etc.

4. A ticket based system for customer support.

Thanks!
-nishith
Old
Mama in Charge
Thanks Michael, I had not seen this, dream granted, lol!
Old
Action Jackson - King of the World
Send a message via AIM to jackson992 Send a message via MSN to jackson992
I want to second the request for seeings banners by banner sizes
Old
Send a message via MSN to Chris -  AMWSO Send a message via Skype™ to Chris -  AMWSO
Hi Brian

While we're on banners, I have a few merchant based requests, all on the banner report pages:

1. A date range filter
2. Ability to sort by Sales
3. Ability to sort by conversion
4. Add Data Feed click and conversion data

Cheers

Chris
Old
Sending affiliate newsletters

Brian;

I am looking at sending the affiliates that are NOT active notes using the affiliate newsletter interface.

Is there any way to change the way the affiliates are listed? Right now they are randomly listed, How about an option same as when we view affiliates?
By date joined, clicks, sales, ascending, descending etc?

Richard Reitman

Richard@gemdreamz.com
Gemdreamz.com
Join Program

Last edited by Richard - AMWSO; June 20th, 2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old
Quote:
Brian;

I am looking at sending the affiliates that are NOT active notes using the affiliate newsletter interface. I have

Is there any way to change the way the affiliates are listed? Right now they are randomly listed, How about an option same as when we view affiliates?
By date joined, clicks, sales, ascending, descending etc?

Richard Reitman

Richard@gemdreamz.com
Gemdreamz.com
Join Program
I second that motion
Old
Shimmy Shimmy Bang Bang
Can shareasale add an Invalid Link Report the same way CJ has it. That report was the reason CJ use to be my network of choice. It tells me the URL on my sites that have a link from an inactive merchant.
Old
Is Shareasale powerless against Offline Merchants

I have been trying for months to get some answers to why BabyFactoryUSA was allowed to post $0 sales and never pay us a commission. I have been trying to get a resolution to this. By the way, BabyFactoryUSA is still listed as "Temporarily Offline" even though they have been unresponsive to both me and supposedly to Shareasale. I have asked for them to be removed.

After repeated questions to your support crew of "What actions are taking place? " I only receive a "At the moment, we are doing all that we can. I won't be able to give you a timetable because it is dependant on the merchant's level of cooperation."

No action plan, no explaination, and no commissions. The merchant just gets to keep the sales.

Is Shareasale powerless against offline merchants? If so, affiliates beware.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Was checking for coupons in the Deals Database. Is there anyway to make the merchants show up in alphabetical order?

Also, I also noticed they're not all grouped together. Scrolling thru I can see Merchant X coupons then some other merchants, then Merchant X pops up again. If you can get them all together. Thanks.
Old
list

Brian;

This thread goes back to the turn of the century and so many requests have been made.

Would it be possible ( I know this is a long shot)
that there could be a list made of all the requests and if they were acted upon?

So many were great ideas but after a week/month they seem to be forgotten and even if they were acted upon many of us would not have know that it was done.

I realize this would be a hell of a job but would really benefit us all.

Thanks

Richard

Richard@gemdreamz.com
Gemdreamz.com
Join Program
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustNo1
Was checking for coupons in the Deals Database. Is there anyway to make the merchants show up in alphabetical order?

Also, I also noticed they're not all grouped together. Scrolling thru I can see Merchant X coupons then some other merchants, then Merchant X pops up again. If you can get them all together. Thanks.
I would like to see this too and also the option to see the list with just my merchants. I know I can download the database that way, but I'd rather view the deals first. It is a waste of time for me to scroll through the entire list and I usually give up before I get to my merchants. If you can't do that, at least being able to sort it would be helpful.

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
Hey all, after discussions with a few other ABWers we decided to start a public thread to offer discussion on some of the negative aspects of ShareASale so that we would be able to respond and address the problems...
Hi Brian,

This is perfect! Thanks for asking us for a feedback. Here's my request.

Please make all affiliate HTML code, into VALID XHTML1.0 code.
This will help in understanding more about XHTML, (requires knowledge of HTML)
http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/xhtml_html.asp

XHTML has been around for many years now. Using XHTML, makes the website look good to search engines such as google that care about website quality.

Its hard work for us affiliates to correct your HTML code and make it into XHTML, because we have to incorporate so many links it's quite time consuming to correct each and every peice of affiliate HTML code.

Please consider making this change to all of your text links, data feed and banners. The affiliate world will THANK YOU .
Old
ABW Ambassador
I have suggestions about 2 different things that really slow me down when I'm working on upkeep or a new idea.

1. Please make the merchant's "number" part of their name or easily found in the details about the program. The feeds are by number and if I put one on my desktop instead of in the right folder - I can't find it without looking up the number. The last time I was looking for a merchant ID number I ended up making a link just to find it.
Solution: Merchant Name - 00000 in details about program list or in summary page

2. Can we list the datafeeds alphabetically? I know that after I've set up a relationship with a merchant I can quickly get to the feed via ftp or even their links page - BUT when I'm trying to decide on a merchant - and check to see if they have a feed, how big it is, and when it was last updated - I can't find them easily.

Thanks a million for being so approachable that we all feel like we can direct your operations from our seat in the galley !!!!
Old
ABW Ambassador
I just found the "sort" button on the datafeeds. Now I feel really really dumb.

But it works beautifully!
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Could you contact the Merchant Shower-Curtians.com and explain to them that the Google ads they have on their site are considered leaks by affiliates? (and that we really don't appreciate things like that)
Oops! Just almost added them to a new site, fortunately went to their site first. BIG Adsense skyscraper right on the homepage. IMHO too many of these "merchants" aren't real merchants.

Leaks like that aren't really a SaS problem if the customer is following guidelines, but it's a problem for us and we need to watch carefully.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search