Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thinking of Switching from LinkShare to Share-A-Sale - Opinions Wanted...

Tools Search
Old
Please see this thread in the LinkShare forum:

My LinkShare Thread

I humbly request your opinions on this topic!

Thanks,

Wayne
Old
Affiliate Manager
Wayne,

We did a great deal of comparison shopping before coming on board with Shareasale. Shareasale's complaint to praise ratio was by far the best. Much praise and very few complaints. Most other affiliate networks I looked into were quite the opposite.

Our experience with Shareasale since signing has been super. Great uptime, lots of personal attention and the price is right. They've been more than happy to work with us to make sure the fit between our program and theirs is a good one. Brian and Michael have gone beyond the call of duty to make our experience here a good one.

I also appreciate Sharasale's strong stance against parasiteware and other dishonest tactics merchants and affiliates use to gain advantage. I feel their policies attract honest merchants and affiliates and that's a good thing for everyone involved.

I also like the feel of the company... less corporate... more personal. Another big plus!

If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to share what I know. PM me if you like or just start askin'.
Old
ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran
Thanks to all for their positive comments as well as critiques which are always appreciated and taken very seriously.

I don't think it would be appropriate for another solution provider to post in Linkshare's forum so I will stay out of the discussion - but as always, if anyone has specific questions or comments that you would like me to respond to, feel free to either post them here or send me an email.

Wayne - if you have any further questions, of course, just let me know....

Brian Littleton
President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Affiliate Manager
I've read over the other post and in general understand your stance. You have gotten a lot of affiliates point of view, but here is a fellow merchant side.

We considered using LS. LS's licensing, monthly fees, and the amount of technical setup needed was the initial deciding point for us to not use them. In my experience, Linkshare is a big corporation and was very professional and catering to the merchants. Of course, the merchants are paying them more than enough to get such service. LS is probably more merchant oriented, but you are paying them each month. My understanding is that there are vastly more affiliate in LS, but your experience seem to say otherwise.

That doesn't mean SAS doesn't cater to the merchants. They do, but it's just that there is limited man power. I'm always amazed how Brian does it. The only beef I hear from affiliates are that there were many merchants on SAS that doesn't perform or offline funds. That's probably because bigger merchants haven't joined thinking the affiliate population is small in SAS. My theory is, as long as the network operates well, better merchants will join leading to better affiliates, and then vice versa. So, I welcome more quality merchants to help enrich and draws even more quality affiliates to the network.
Old
Affiliate Manager
quote:
The only beef I hear from affiliates are that there were many merchants on SAS that doesn't perform or offline funds.

I've heard that complaint before and don't quite understand it. SAS offers 30 day / 60 day / 90 day average EPC stats for every merchant on it's network. If the merchant isn't performing to the affiliate's liking, the affiliate knows in advance... before they've invested any time promoting the merchant's program.
Old
quote:
Originally posted by Frank - UrbanScooters.com:
quote:
The only beef I hear from affiliates are that there were many merchants on SAS that doesn't perform or offline funds.

I've heard that complaint before and don't quite understand it. SAS offers 30 day / 60 day / 90 day average EPC stats for every merchant on it's network. If the merchant isn't performing to the affiliate's liking, the affiliate knows in advance... before they've invested any time promoting the merchant's program.
I wish you would move drivewerks,net magazines, and keg werks to SAS, Linkshare is one monster pain in the butt, just trying to login is a nuisance,they keep inviting affiates to join them, and when you tyr, the application never goes past the page, I sold more Waterford crystal from Irish Elagance at a bterr price than the latest lease join me, they tink becuase thet were first they are the best, I have a long list of some of my best merchants there, that dropped out,if the merchants don't have the big up front fee, they get dropped, ans Walmart, anf the other "biggies'proably have millions of "partners" Move .thank you, It's getting harder and harder to earn a buck, with all the problems arounnd the country and world.Another thing Crhis Anderson cares about his affiliates, sending PM's with suggestions.I pray they stay safe in Jakarta.My nickles worth.
JJ
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
I'm sold with SAS. I have put up more than 50 merchants on my new mall site in the last 3 weeks. I like building pages without using datafeeds and I like how easy it is to put up links in a short period of time using SAS's interface. The only minus I have seen so far is that some merchants don't monitor their new SAS affiliate applications.

Merchants: If you don't approve/disapprove my app within a week you can forget me promoting your products.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown
Old
I won't make any comparison comments however I will say that as a merchant, Shareasale has been absolutely fantastic on many levels including personal service, customizing programming to meet my specific needs, and most importantly, driving sales...

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search