Question Finding Good Merchant in Shareasale - Tips?
    When you look for a merchant say for

Golf

What method do you use when you go into shareasale do you just go immediately to advanced search and type in golf

are there anythings you check or uncheck to make sure you get good listings of golf merchants?

A good way to find quality merchants is to look at SAS's Top 100 PowerRank...

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    The classifications at SAS are poor, Pets are in Home & Garden?

But you should be able to click on the word pets and go that as a subcategory -but it does work that way.

So you have to hunt
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    The classifications at SAS are poor, Pets are in Home & Garden?

But you should be able to click on the word pets and go that as a subcategory -but it does work that way.

So you have to hunt
    Funny you mention that I saw a company who was under the search Pets come up, that was nothing to do with Pets.. Seems odd

Quote Originally Posted by force
    A good way to find quality merchants is to look at SAS's Top 100 PowerRank...
    thanks.. where do you see that in your account?

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Well, perhaps I'm biased given my employer...but a few points I'm sure a lot of our affiliates would agree are must-haves, and you can find this information in the merchant description.

- an EPC above $0.00
    - auto-deposit
    - solid creative/newsletters, etc (good indicators of affiliate manager involvement)

Hope that helps, and welcome to ShareASale!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Quote Originally Posted by easylife
    thanks.. where do you see that in your account?
    After clicking the view and search Merchant list link....

You will find a direct link to the PowerRank 100 towards the bottom right of the page.

http and a telephoto
    Remember that the PowerRank 100 shows seasonal trends also, some great merchants won't show up during their "slow season" which may actually be when you want to build out sites for them so you are ready when they are "in season".

There is no getting around doing your homework and taking the steps outlined by Trust in your other thread.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Remember that the PowerRank 100 shows seasonal trends also, some great merchants won't show up during their "slow season" which may actually be when you want to build out sites for them so you are ready when they are "in season".
    Great point Loxly!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by force
    After clicking the view and search Merchant list link....

You will find a direct link to the PowerRank 100 towards the bottom right of the page.
    Thanks force for pointing the link out.

I've overheard "PowerRank 100" here and there when reading some posts, never figured out where to find it, then I didn't look very hard either

Shouldn't PowerRank 100 link be listed on the top part of the login page?

First, improving classifications is always a challenge, especially when companies are permitted to select their own classifications. I've accepted that the ShareASale categories are helpful only in excluding certain types of offers.

I maintain a spreadsheet that lists all the SAS merchants and the information I compile about them; this includes data from SAS as well as my own information. The very first column in the spreadsheet designates whether I will even consider working with the merchant any more; if not, they are tagged "ignore." Then I have a bunch of other factors, including a "surrogate EPC ranking" which I use to "smooth out" EPC fluctuations. One of the columns identifies "Power 100" merchants. I sort the spreadsheet often to identify "which merchants to focus on next" (and it represents one piece of what I call my "project queue" -- all the work I'd like to do when I get time, but the list grows far faster than I do work).

I know that several other ABW folks maintain similar spreadsheets, which are filled with dozens or hundreds of hours of research and experience. And no, I don't share my spreadsheet (other than sharing my list of "defunct" SAS merchants).

I tried to summarize the "factors that affiliates consider when deciding whether to join a program," in an article I posted on my web site (at http://www.markwelch.com/web-marketi...in-factors.php); that was written for merchants, but perhaps it might help other affiliates, too.

I certainly agree with Carolyn that "non-zero-EPC" and "auto-deposit" are important, and it's pretty hard for a zero-EPC merchant to move up in my "project queue." (However, zero-EPC is not a total "deal-killer." The merchant that's generated the vast majority of my SAS commissions over the past 18 months had a zero EPC from the day they launched their affiliate program and continued with a zero EPC until 9 months later, when I started posting links.)

Outsourced Program Manager
    I would add look at the average 7 day and 30 day sale.

PLus of course what Carolyn said.

Also find a merchant that you would like to work with because you have an interest in the merchandise.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread