Play around with W8 tax
    What happens if one doesnt submit W8 form(non US publisher) before requesting payment from an affiliate program--Or if one doesnt write EIN or SSN number-does he get thrown out of the program or is he just liable to 30 % US tax withholding?

PLease mention the consequences in each case if any one has any experience--I need to know.Thanks in advance for the help.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    No tax form = no payment.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    No tax form = no payment.
    I'd take that as the definitive answer. Brian, as President/CEO of ShareASale, certainly knows better than the rest of us. Start working on getting your paperwork in so that you can get paid.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Please read the instructions as well. Unless your business has ties such as employees to the US - you don't need the w8. It is all explained from within your ShareASale account.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

What about the no SSN part?

Canadians are sort of told, seemingly from birth, to never divulge their SSN (called SIN in Canada) to anyone except employers or the government.

Not sure if I remember what it was like for SAS, but for some affiliate networks I paused long and hard on that part - it felt like I was giving away my soul and opening myself to all sorts of identity fraud risks. Fax my SIN to who knows what? I've finally lost my mind.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_C
    Canadians are sort of told, seemingly from birth, to never divulge their SSN (called SIN in Canada) to anyone except employers or the government.
    Oh, if that had only been the "rule" in the US - maybe identity fraud would not be the massive problem it has been for many years now.

I shudder to think of all the entitles that routinely required SSNs and used them willy-nilly.

Amazingly, some of that still exists. When I was in school in the late 60s - early 70s, the University of California, and the State University system, used your SSN as your student ID number, and every reg card, id card, document, etc. had it plastered on. As recently as 6-7 years ago - and maybe yet today - when Mrs. Hound went back to school for her Masters, it was still being used as the student ID#.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread