Thread: Unplanned downtime affecting Tuesday evening gone - compensation

Affiliate Network Rep
    Unplanned downtime affecting Tuesday evening gone - compensation
    Hey Everyone

We will be sending out an email with details to the network but I just wanted to give a quick heads up now that we have completed our investigations.

We had some unplanned downtime affecting tracking on the network for approximately 3 and a 1/2 hours on Tuesday evening this week.

Basically it was a very unfortunate double break in the Verizon fibre network, or more specifically 2 separate third party networks suffered the cuts, and portions of the network we use were affected. According to a report we were sent you'd normally never expect to see 2 cuts happen at the same time, and the networks are engineered to accept a single cut with no interruption of service. Two cuts however meant the network went down.

The period was just short of our failover period to move to our backup services but we will of course be reviewing the situation ongoing to see if we can further minimize our risk against rare situations like this.

It’s not something we had control over but we do not want our affiliates to suffer any loss of commissions because of the interruption in service.

With this in mind we have made calculations based on the two previous days commissions for the same period of time and will be applying this compensation over the next few days to our affiliate’s accounts.

Thanks everyone

Best

Mal
    Last edited by buy at; January 18th, 2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: removed name of network
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    It's great to have a network admit that $hit happened and explained the outcome of the problem.

Better still as you are compensating aff.

Kudos!

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks Eric

We have always been like this since we launched in 2002 in the UK and its great to still be able to do business in the right way in 2008 even with all our growth.

The right way to do things hasn't changed much since then in cases like this.

Affiliates are our lifeblood and have enough to contend with without having to worry about things outside of their control affecting their pockets!

We love being in a position to take that worry away.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Summit.

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Truly a "class act!"

You guys are great.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks Beachy - I can't wait for the day when doing something like this is almost taken for granted by everyone.

I hope we can set an example for some of the other networks that play in the big brand space to follow so the whole industry matures faster to the point where it really is a " relationship" industry built on "trust" and "respect" for all parties.

One day we will get there!! I can promise you i'll be working hard to make it happen from my side and I know that affiliates want it from there side so with all that energy and drive we can do it!!

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Will not be at summit west. I have to deploy a new site by March...
    Planning for summit east.

Glad to see a network getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by buy at
    With this in mind we have made calculations based on the two previous days commissions for the same period of time and will be applying this compensation ... to our affiliate’s accounts.
    This is quite unparalleled. Kudoz to buy.at!

8. Newsletter Signup