ABW Ambassador
    Saw a thread over at Webmasterworld comparing Google and Altavista in the Goole News forum. Talking mainly about the freshness of the indexes. They were talking about how Altavista does a better job at having a fresh index than Google since they refresh every 24 or 48 hrs. Seems the people over there don't like that and moved the thread (twice) to Paid Inclusion Engines and Topics, a very low traffic forum even tho Altavista you can submit up to 5 urls for free at a time via Basic Submit. This should have stayed in Google news since it deals with Google and their "freshness" Is that just paranoia over there that there might be a better SE than Google? I personally think Google is better all around but Altavista does have a fresher index, just check your pages. I beginning to believe some of the posts here about how wmw favors Google. You can start a Google vs. Altavista thread in the Altavista forum and it will stay there, you can start the same thread in the Google News forum and they will move it to the Altavista forum. What does that tell you?

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    I don't agree with the premise of said thread, but, I do think that said forum is biased pro-google. I think that mr. guerrilla and ms. Heiny (isn't that a word for ass?) and a lot of other people "over there" benefit from things that don't necessarily benefit the community.

I think that my "tab key" is malfunctioning. Guess I should get a new keyboard??

All of the people above are fictitious. Any similaraity between named people and real people are purely coincidence.

----
    -JM
    Banana Free in 2003. (and 2004, 2005, 2006, ...)

ABW Ambassador
    >>>I personally think Google is better all around but Altavista does have a fresher index, just check your pages.

yes.

>>>I beginning to believe some of the posts here about how wmw favors Google.

I don't know whta wmw is??? but.. that does seem to be true....

wtf is wrong with my tab key?? gd..ive been trying to format my message with tabs and it isn't working..

----
    -JM
    Banana Free in 2003. (and 2004, 2005, 2006, ...)

ABW Ambassador
    btw, check out mr gorilla's site.. its kind of funnny.

When I first noticed threads here about WMW, and the conspiracy theory that it was somehow connected with, and feeding information to, Google, I rolled my eyes. I thought it was ridiculous.

Now I'm not so sure. I've noticed sensitive topics do get edited/moved/deleted. All under the guise of keeping the threads on topic, or something like that.

Then I read the thread here at ABW about how webmasters are literally feeding SEO data to Google. It's very true. If something works, or doesn't work, it's at WMW. I don't really believe that Google needs this information to do what they do, but they don't give away any of their secrets, why should we???

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

sometimes i feel like flying to america just to punch one specific tab key.

and i'd punch real real hard

only a fool wouldn't see this:

1 - many posters are fake/paid, you can tell immediately. why would a regular poster go around praising the forum charter when the forum charter tells you to shut up and agree or be banned.

2 - the google representative has also fake aliases, some stuff that no 'regular' person would ever post is posted soooo pro-google you just go

3 - trade secrets flying up and down and right onto google's desk are a total lack of ethics by that tab key. he made $$$ with SEO now he spills the beans through his forum.

look at a thread running now "apologies to the google rep" my God how can you pack such a large number of panzies into just one place.

ever heard of stockolm syndrome? treating the forum mods and the google rep like they're God? easy to explain : FEAR OF BEING BANNED BY EITHER.

in that thread to me it becomes obvious that that forum is getting some personal advantages from google....

if you look closer you'll see the charter of that forum only functions to get the owner some free clean content!!!! everyone posting there is just giving tab key free content! you can't mention certain words, you can't post what you think, you have to stick to clean google content!!!! OPEN YOUR EYES IF YOU'RE STILL POSTING THERE!!! YOU'RE JUST GIVING TAB KEY MORE $$$$ AND FREE CONTENT!!!!!

To prove my point just go there and start posting nonsense but without any offence. you'll get banned!!!! They only accept CLEAN CONTENT.

like i posted before any serious webmaster should boycott and denounce that forum. leave only the tab key fake aliases, panzies, idiots and his paid supporters there, discussing themselves to death.

BTW have you guys seen the enourmous presence of THAT forum in the Google index?

Over 12.000 inbound links, tens of thousands of FREE CONTENT in Google.

All courtesy of Tab Key's Fools who don't see that forum is their own SEO demise!!!

And a way for Tab Key to make serious $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and get personal benefits from Google.

Man, why would you research like hell then run to that forum and tell the google rep exactly what you just discovered?!!! Ridiculous, self-depreciating and unethical with other webmasters.

I HATE THAT FORUM.

If you don't like the forum why you keep reading it?

If something there are screw ups, biased treatment why not discuss it in there? Would it be fair to discuss ABW policies, rules etc. on another forum rather than talk to Haiko about it? I don't think so.

ABW Ambassador
    "If you don't like the forum why you keep reading it?"

For GoogleGuy posts, thats it. It's hard finding them sometimes having to trudge through all the panicky SEO posts.

"If something there are screw ups, biased treatment why not discuss it in there?"

From what i've seen, you can't, the forum is big brothered to death, and making those kind of posts will end up just being removed so why bother. Thats why i just read and never post. At least here we're open to talk about things.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

webmasterworld is sh*t in my considered opinion.
    a bunch of arrogant w*nkers who haven't got a clue.
    HATE HATE HATE

ABW Ambassador
    This thread is totally unproductive. If you really hate WmW that much, don't view it. There. Simple. Thread closed.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread