ABW Ambassador
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003May23.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. retail sales over the Internet grew by 25.9 percent in the first quarter of 2003 compared to the same quarter a year earlier, rising to $11.9 billion, the Commerce Department said on Friday.

Another nice article:
    http://www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/story/21586.html

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on May 24, 2003 at 02:55 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Wow,

Internet sales up, traffic up, affiliate sales on the downside and many people saying what happened?

The networks ought to be required to publish their totals and simply have it divided into parasitic and non parasitic increases and or decreases. That way the industry and the people in it can get an overall picture of the current business trends that impact us all without providing any sensitive information overall on a particular affiliate.

Do you think we'll get this from them? Hey at least I'll ask... Come on networks give this information to us.

15 years and counting
    But my sales are still down 30% for the same level of traffic. Conversion level is down.
    What's the share of predatory advertising?

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    LOL Zeus we must have been on the same mind set at the same time.

15 years and counting
    Yep happypoon, we were thinking the same. If I look at my figures for the last 5 years, my commissions were roughly following the average U.S. retail sales over the Internet, with their ups and downs. With the arrival of scumware it's over, and I'm struggling to overcome it.
    Just hope it's not following the trend of spam we're getting in our mailboxes.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread