Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Officially Switched to Mozilla Firefox
    I had been a long time Opera user, but recently made FF my default browser. I really like the Error Console to check for html page errors and warnings. I still check my new pages in Opera and IE as well, but FF is now #1.

I like how in FF you never loose a page you were previously looking at if something happens and your browser needs to close.

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    It does have better tools and benefits but still using IE often to make sure I see what most shoppers see, since most not all on FF yet.

I love the "restore session" function!

I have been using FF for awhile now, and love the features. Only time I fire up IE is to make sure my site looks ok in that browser for my visitors.

There are some excellent extensions to Firefox that make the browser even better. You can browse the list at http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:1

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti
    There are some excellent extensions to Firefox that make the browser even better. You can browse the list at http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:1
    Such as FireBug.

The console is great, but FireBug extends it into a glorious mechanism that lets you make temporary HTML and CSS changes in the browser without having to modify the files and refresh the browser.

You can step through javascript. It's a great reverse engineering tool.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Affiliate Manager
    Welcome to the family. I've been using FireFox for years, and I've been so impressed I changed my email client to Thunderbird as well. Best browser and email I've seen yet.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

While browsing the extensions don't forget the WebDeveloper toolbar. If you like the error console you will love the WDtoolbar! It is a 'white hat' BHO
    I like the CoolIris extension too that lets you preview a link's content without a new tab or window. Lets me browse the forum in minutes.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    I've accidentally fallen in love w/ Firefox too. I have been a long time Safari user, and recently began to find more and more sites incompatible with it, where Firefox didn't have the same issues. Once Shareasale stopped working for me with Safari that was the clincher - up til that point, I only used FF when absolutely necessary. Now it's my default browser and I agree - the restore session feature is a nice touch, as is the "are you sure you want to close all tabs" feature before the application quits. I accidentally hit the keyboard shortcut sometimes to quit app on my mac while typing.With Safari this was a real pain in the rear but with Firefox, I get the window pop up which asks me first if I'm sure I want to close all tabs before quitting, which is great - when it's an accident I have the opportunity to hit Cancel and just go back to working as if nothing happened. What a relief!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by e-Gazer
    I've accidentally fallen in love w/ Firefox too. I have been a long time Safari user, and recently began to find more and more sites incompatible with it, where Firefox didn't have the same issues. Once Shareasale stopped working for me with Safari that was the clincher - up til that point, I only used FF when absolutely necessary. Now it's my default browser and I agree - the restore session feature is a nice touch, as is the "are you sure you want to close all tabs" feature before the application quits. I accidentally hit the keyboard shortcut sometimes to quit app on my mac while typing.With Safari this was a real pain in the rear but with Firefox, I get the window pop up which asks me first if I'm sure I want to close all tabs before quitting, which is great - when it's an accident I have the opportunity to hit Cancel and just go back to working as if nothing happened. What a relief!
    Ditto. I primarily used Safari for the past 2 years, but now have pretty much switched to FF for many of the same reasons. MSN Adcenter & LS's SA do not work in Safari, and I cannot access PFX reports in Safari, etc. plus that WARING! is a big plus.

Also, using FF as a default when working on my sites gives me an immediate view of what many more visitors are seeing than the much smaller sample using Safari.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Yes, its pretty cool, we were instructed not to use anything else in the office. I love how it restores the tabs when you accidentally close them

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I will have to checkout Thunderbird as my email client.

I like Thunderbird, it really gives you a lot of options with what you can do with your email accounts. Again, I use it for work, and dont want to use anything else, because our regular work email account is very limited in what can be done.

With Thunderbird you can create list emails, which are very important for my job, color code stuff, mark your emails in different ways - I really recommend it!

I started using FF awhile back also and while it is nice it is not perfect. It locks up, takes a lot of memory , etc. Just like the other major browser that came with my machine. The other in adsense IE was locking up on me and FF just was randomly exiting. I had to download Safari to check some information in adsense.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

I like FF, and use it for debugging, but I use IE as my primary browser. I like to see the same thing that 90% of my users are seeing on my site. I've seen too many sites that work great in FF, because the developer obviously used it, but on IE it doesn't work right.

Quote Originally Posted by newestuser
    I like FF, and use it for debugging, but I use IE as my primary browser. I like to see the same thing that 90% of my users are seeing on my site. I've seen too many sites that work great in FF, because the developer obviously used it, but on IE it doesn't work right.
    The biggest single problem now with being a Mac user in aff. mktg. - No IE for Mac! I had the last Mac version of IE on my old machine until it died a miserable, painfull death in Feb., 2006.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

AffiliateHound - Parallels!
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Quote Originally Posted by patrick24601
    AffiliateHound - Parallels!
    Thanks Patrick - I have to take a good look at this.

I switched over to FF about a year ago and still love it.

No Longer Banned!
    Fire FOx......
    Hi !

I use Fire Fox 2.0.0.11 2.0.0.1 & 2.0.0.9. cuz I run Linux.

Any one who runs DreamLinux gets this by default.

I bought the cd's for the other two.

Steve

Affiliate Manager Julia_Shoeboxed's Avatar
    I recently ditched my PC, which had IE. I never realized how distorted many websites' images and functions were until I upgraded to FF. Not to mention, FF is arguably faster!

yeah it poses some problems for me. My current host's provided html editor utilizes ie, so I have to open up firefox to see what the website looks in that editor.

My programming skills aren't the greatest, so it can pose some difficulty when trying to create pages for both firefox and ie.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread