Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    On the way to Florida once again
    Every year at this time Ellen and I are faced with the burdensome chore of closing up our mountain home, saying goodbye to our sons and grandbabies and heading to the Gulf for the rest of the winter.

It's not bad enough that we have to pack stuff and then wait in line at the airport, sit in cramped airline seats, wait in baggage claim, drive 24 miles north and lug baggage in which we then have to unpack. UGH!!

Then I have to launch the boat, put it on the slip for the season and organize my fly and spin gear to prepare for the never ending chase of saltwater species. On top of that, when I pull into the slip each day, I have to hose the saltwater off the Slush Puppie and then step onto the pier and walk a few steps to Harpoon Harry's for cocktails and dinners on the water while those annoying colors of the sunsets distract us. Arrrgh...

Seems like the work never ends, but hey, it has to be done and Ellen and I are not ones to sherk responsibility!

We leave tomorrow morning and so I will be offline until Monday. If any affiliates need assistance Zach and Jeremy will be covering via email and then I will be available by phone or email come Monday. Have a great weekend gang! Now I "have" to go pack some shorts and sandals!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Online Marketing Consultant
    The only thing worse for you would be if they had redbull and forced it upon you.....Geeze what a hard time of year it is for you both. We all feel sorry and are here to comfort you in these hard times.

hahahah have a safe trip my friend.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Wow I can hear the violins playing - what a sad plight you have......may we never have to face your hardships.....

Have a safe trip!!!!

Awwww...Nancy and I feel so sorry for the travails of the Hamilton elders. We're also heading to the beach this weekend - but our temperatures are forecast to be in the 20s. Brrrrrr.

Enjoy the warmer climes and be careful climbing on and off of the Slush Puppy.

Have a safe trip, and we'll see you in Boston in August.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Welcome back to Florida!!!

Adam, it is comforting to know there is someone out there who understands the trials and sacrifice. Thank you for your support in our time of need. Hopefully they do not force that RB devils brew on me.

Rolet, you must be sitting at my table at Harpoon Harry's!

Beach, yes the "elders" are once again being exiled to the sun and sand, but somewhere on that elusive beach of life are the answers, and the voices call to me to find them. ;-)

Donuts - - - :-) Hope you've been getting those guns and shoulders in shape you big fish catchin stud you!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Aw Alan. It sounds like you have a really sucky job there. And it wouldn't be right for me to not offer to help you avoid that kind of w*rk!

So, I'll tell you what. I'LL go to FL in your place. You won't have to worry about all that packing or any of that other stuff. And on top of that, I'll even arrange for all that fishing to be done for you. Just send me the keys to the house and the boat and I'll take care of the rest.

How's that sound?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Leader, and they say that no one cares about others anymore!! Your generosity is at the very least deeply moving. To think that another would extend such courtesy and make such sacrifice for a fellow human! Pardon me while I gather myself.................. (sniffle)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    ...but somewhere on that elusive beach of life are the answers, and the voices call to me to find them...!
    Ahhh, a meritorious quest and truly self-sacrificing. You are to be commended. Good luck.

If'n y'all need any assistance just give me a holler, y'hear.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I think it;s worth the trip to hang out with Donuts.

What happened to the moose that is sneaking around your barn. Put some hay out for it?

Moose???? LOL I think you mean the Elk that have been using our corral and barn as their winter lodge. They are still here every morning tearing up alfalfa bails, so they'll be good till spring.

As for the worth of hanging out with Donuts, gimme a break!! I can't stand the guy - but he needs friends, so I try in my own little way..

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    As for the worth of hanging out with Donuts, gimme a break!! I can't stand the guy - but he needs friends, so I try in my own little way..
    I know that I'm just ballast to even out the weight in the boat, but hey, I'll take it. :-)

Snook beware, we're coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I know that I'm just ballast to even out the weight in the boat, but hey, I'll take it. :-) Snook beware, we're coming.
    Yet again your humility moves me. Couldn't think of a better fishin mate. I can feel the snook shivering at the sound of our names! :-)

Hope you have a good journey down to Florida Alan

Thanks Sue - and hey, WTG! I won't be in Vegas, but I hope to see you in Boston or another event this year. Thanks for the thought and remind me that I owe you a "pint".... :-)

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Safe travels, Alan & Ellen!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Can't wait to see some fishin' photos again!!

Have a great trip!

Such a bad situation, but somebody has to do it. Maybe it is Karma or one of the necessary evils for being a successful affiliate marketer. Have a good safe trip.

Darwin

Alan, you're gonna love it. It is absolutely Gorgeous down here today!!! Where in the GUlf coast are you going? I'm over in the East and I can't get over how beautiful it is. I wish we had this more often instead of the stifling humid heat we get about 11 months out of the year.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by danay
    Alan, you're gonna love it. It is absolutely Gorgeous down here today!!! Where in the GUlf coast are you going? I'm over in the East and I can't get over how beautiful it is. I wish we had this more often instead of the stifling humid heat we get about 11 months out of the year.
    LOL, I don't know what part you are in but by the time we got to Tampa last night, they had closed the runways due to high winds, lightning and torrential rains. We got re-routed to Tallahasse, where we sat on the plane for an hour while they re-fueled and waited for Tampa to reopen.

We finally got into Tampa two hours late, then had to wait an hour for the rental car agency to bring more cars from another lot on the other side of the airport. We then drove 2 hours south to our Punta Gorda haunts and arrived here about 1 A.M. this morning. I was happy to see our little car that we leave here each year, but then noticed that someone had hit the windshield and put a big starburst in the middle of it, so we are calling today to have a new windshield put in this week. The starburst cracks make a pretty pattern though.... ;-)

I got a great nights sleep and when I got up this morning I immediately drove over to the convenience store up the street to say hello to Sandip, my buddy from India who owns it, and then over the bait shop to say hi to the gang, sip a red bull and talk fish!!! :-) Ellen is still sleeping, but when she gets up we'll be unpacking everything, cleaning and then provisioning the fridge. It's great to be here, and when the wind and rain stops I'm going to love sitting on the lanai doing my AM stuff!

So that said - HOWDY Florida! We're back and looking forward to sun and warm the next four months!!

hehehe, yeah, today is not so purdy. It's rainy and gloomy, but you know how it goes, tomorrow it could be sunny and gorgeous again. I'm actually enjoying the weather right now, as the rains brought some cool winds with it. It's an open-your-windows day here in South Florida, which happens maybe 5 days out of the year.

As I'm typing, my windows are open and the cool wind is hitting me

pure heaven.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by danay
    hehehe, As I'm typing, my windows are open and the cool wind is hitting me pure heaven.
    Sounds like the introduction to an Agatha Christie novel!! lol

Yep, love cool breezes - just left -8 degrees below "cool" breezes back in the mountains - I want the 72 degree cool breezes please!!!! ;-)

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Alan,

When you have a strong inner core, you can put down roots anywhere and stick.

Enjoy your winter in the sun (as soon as it stops raining).

Still sorry we'll be missing you in Vegas. I can't believe you'll really stay away from us. Just think ... hundreds of affiliate marketers all in one place ... it's better than fishing in a lake with questionable catch.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Yeah Alan ... I'd even buy the RBs from MC for you this time

It won't seem like a summit with you missing

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Alan,

When you have a strong inner core, you can put down roots anywhere and stick.

Simply this Rex . . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast