Well, it isn't making money yet. A while ago I asked about starting a forum and how to make money at it. I was strongly advised not to do it. I have to announce that I went ahead and did it. The forum is for the Cable TV business and the undergound utilites locating industry. I don't think it will do very well in the dollars dept. but since I am an ex-locator of 6 years and my brother is a CATV installer I went ahead and started one just to keep myself in the business. I miss it alot.

Anyway, I am going to ask the question again. What are different ways to make money on a forum? I am thinking that a store with books and t-shirts might be a good idea. If traffic/loyalty gets high enough I may even sell e-mail addresses for $10-$15 a year. Any other ideas.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

Since you know the industry so well, could you sell a few items they would find useful, in addition to clothing and books? Maybe industry related tools? Perhaps you could talk to a current seller in the industry and drop ship?

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

ABW Ambassador
    Strike up a deal with a cable descrambler merchant and promote those babys .

ABW Ambassador
    Or better yet.... with the inside knowledge you have - make your own and sell them direct - LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Strike up a deal with a cable descrambler merchant and promote those babys <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL... you have to be joking.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Or better yet.... with the inside knowledge you have - make your own and sell them direct - LOL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I wouldn't know how to turn one on. I was an Underground Utilites Locator.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

ABW Ambassador
    Put in a link for people to search for a product in "The Cable Store" or whatever your site is called.

Put in a link and give away an ebook, "the secrets of an underground utility" (or something like that) in exchange for an email address, and place your site and forum links in the book.

Put in a link for a mailing list, to be kept informed about the latest whatever.

----------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread