Affiliate Manager JusticeforGirls's Avatar
    Discussion:FreeShipping*Com
    Can anyone provide me any feedback on FreeShipping*Com? We are looking into partnering with them and I wanted to know what you guys think. When I searched the forums, I found some negative feedback about them and sites like them. (Thanks Doughnuts) Here's why I think they are different:

1. No customer information is shared. There is no integration of systems at all.
    2. The link to their site is on the order confirmation page, not the home page, like some merchants and sites have done. So there are no pre-purchase leaks.

My concern is that my customer will actually think that FreeShipping*com is a Woodwind&Brasswind site and that it may create a lot of havoc for our customer service department, which already deals with enough shipping cost complaints. Plus if a Freeshipping*Com member wants to cancel their membership, will they be calling here on accident or out of confusion?

Is there any thing else I should consider?

http and a telephoto
    What is the benefit about partnering with them? Your concern is real, so you need to way the benifits vs the risks. If they have bad customer experience it will reflect back on your company, because you are the ones that referred them.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Try googling for "freeshipping.com scam"

It sounds like many consumers feel tricked or duped by the offer.

(If you think that everybody looks bad if you search for 'companyname scam' then try googling 'woodwind and brasswind scam' or 'Mark Welch scam' -- nothing for either of us to be ashamed about!)

I think you're correct that many consumers may be upset at you because you've steered them toward the FreeShipping.com offer. They may also assume that you're profiting from the relationship -- and if they feel that they've been tricked or cheated by FreeShipping.com, then they'll be upset that you profited from this.

What's the upside? What's the downside? It seems like an easy decision to me -- focus on your core business. You can't control what this company does; you can control what YOUR company does.

Affiliate Manager JusticeforGirls's Avatar
    The upside is clear: free shipping for our customers. We have a unique situation: most of our customers get free shipping anyway. Our average order is $150-170 and we offer freeshipping for orders over $99. However, some customers do not qualify for free shipping when they buy stuff that is less than $99 - the most common being reeds for woodwind instruments. A typical customer may order one pack of reeds ($5-$20), but the shipping will be $5-10 for that order.

I don't know anything about them, but if there's a lot of negative feedback online about them, steer clear. Is saving a customer $5-10 on shipping a good deal if you lose a repeat customer because they end up feeling scammed in the end? What if they've had previous negative experiences with that free shipping site and were going to order, but decide that since you're partnered with them, they'd rather shop elsewhere. Those are some of the questions you should be asking.

Hope that helps!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread