Angry Golf Galaxy
    I have a site related to golf. Recently, I was accepted by Golf Galaxy to be an affiliate for them. I began to build a page using links from the product catalog posted on CJ in the "View Products" section for Golf Galaxy. I quickly noticed that the links went to a Golf Galaxy page that said "Product not available at this time."

I contacted Golf Galaxy, and they said that their feed was fine on their end and that I needed to contact CJ. I then then contacted CJ, and they told me that they checked the Golf Galaxy Product Catalog and told me that their feed failed when uploaded on 1/16/07. So what CJ has and what Golf Galaxy has are not synched up. They also said that any affiliate would have the same problem. CJ said they're not responsible for the contents of Product Catalogs and that I should have Golf Galaxy contact them.

I contacted Golf Galaxy and told them about their feed failing when uploaded and that they should contact CJ. I asked them to let me know when it was resolved, because I wanted to promote their products.

I then received an email from Golf Galaxy, telling me that I was "not a good fit for their program" and they expired me.

I thought I was being helpful? Has anything like this happened to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Incentials
    I then received an email from Golf Galaxy, telling me that I was "not a good fit for their program" and they expired me.

I thought I was being helpful? Has anything like this happened to anyone?
    Wow. Sounds like a inexperienced (or very experienced and sleazy) affiliate manager.

I wonder if they even read your email informing them of the problems with their feed before they expired you. They probably blamed poor performance on their affiliates rather than themselves.

I had a similar experience with BBC Canada Shop upgrading their website, and for two weeks their product data was completely wrong. CJ confirmed and said they would contact the merchant.

It didn't end there, however, as BBC Canada also failed to place a tracking pixel for something like another two weeks, which I confirmed by making a purchase through a friend. In that case they told me to contact the AM to get it sorted.

Obviously all affiliates for BBC Canada were affected. For our trouble and lost money we got a "bonus" from CJ of a whopping $14! My guess is that they took what they estimated to be the lost sales and divided it evenly among all the affiliates signed up with BBC Canada.

It was my first merchant as an affiliate too, so a harsh but useful introduction to the world of affiliate marketing on CJ.

No Longer Banned!
    Cj's Broken Links....
    Hi !

I've have the very same thing happen to me several years ago. Except I was not booted off their programme.

Basically this is CJ's issue to resolve, that is just exactly what they're there for. After all, they want the control here.

Anyway, CJ will never man up and own the issue. Ever.

BTW: In my case, it was CJ's fault, and he was mad as a wet hen when I figured it out.

Sorry happened to you bro.

Steve

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread