Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    8 Ways I Promote my Website
    Hi guys, I am new here and I need some help from you.
    I want to list here 8 ideas I had to promote my website and want to know if you guys tried some of these and what are your thoughts.

It is important to mention that I own an e-commerce website where we sell designer leather goods, such as handbags, coats, leather jackets, boots, briefcases, belts, wallets, etc. It's all high-end stuff.

OK, here's the list of ideas:

1) List my featured items on eBay, with different types of highlighting, for testing purposes.
    2) Use PPC services, such as Google AdWords, Yahoo Search Marketing, MSN AdCenter
    3) Comparison Search Engines (Shopping.com, Yahoo Shopping, BizRate, ShopZilla, NexTag, Froogle, PriceGrabber, etc.
    4) Through text ad links, on other people's blogs (preferable fashion-related). I was thinking of using two services: PayPerPost.com and TextLinkAds.com
    5) SEO
    6) Posting on different forums and online communities
    7) Posting on directories: DMOZ, Yahoo Directory, Business.com, JoeAnt, Skaffe, and many other niche-related directories.
    8) Through local search engines: Yahoo Local, AOL Local, Local.com, Google Local.

Well, that's about it. Now the questions:

A) Have you guys tried any of these techniques? What kind of results did you get?

B) Do you recommend any other idea to promote my website online?

Thank you so much for your help!!! Let's see who's more creative and can come up with other ideas!

Zeke

I would ditch all those methods and hire a hot model to show off your stuff and upload the video to youtube.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

lols, while that sounds good, I dont think you will target anyone you are seeking to target on youtube, maybe just some teenagers...

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    who knows, some teenagers have wealthy parents :-)

I would definitely go for some of those listed above if I were you. I did have some experience with PPC services, directories, SEO... I would start with a PPC service (while you can add yourself to a directory, the review process is lengthy (and if we are talking about Yahoo directory, costs money), I dont think it will do much for you).
    Forums, while can be a good tool, will most likely ban you for soliciting.

Since you are dealing with clothes, accessories, and such, maybe the best thing would be to go through eBay...

I will get back to you if I think of something else though

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    who knows, some teenagers have wealthy parents :-)
    haha, lostdeviant, good point... but they dont usually go for high end kinda stuff... although, again, who knows.
    Overall though, I really dont think that is the best way to go... at least not just yet. Maybe when the store name/reputation is more out there

Ok you guys dont understand that once you upload a GOOD video to youtube it would get picked up and placed on fashion blogs and forums. Video has to be done right though.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Yeah, thats exactly what I was thinking about when I said - maybe not just yet. Because that has to be one professional, cat-walk modeling type of video - frankly It does not sound like something ZekeLL can pull off right now. It is something that requires a big investment, but the payoffs can be minimal, if there are any.

So, of course it is up to Zekell, but I think it would be better to start of with smaller steps.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZekeLL
    Let's see who's more creative and can come up with other ideas!Zeke
    Let's see, you're posting this question on an AFFILIATE MARKETING FORUM.

Perhaps you might consider an AFFILIATE PROGRAM??
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ooohh, that is a good one... didnt see that coming

Anyone ever try craigslist? Post your stuff for sale on there and add some links to your site, its free and only takes a minute. Try it out.

Thank for your shared. It's very helpful for me.

I tried 2 methods to promote my website:

First I tried Google adSense for advertising my website, but I was not very happy with the results I got.

Then I tried email advertising on different networks and it seemed to me that [spam url removed] ads delivered quite good results in terms of generated visits and conversion.

I'm seriously thinking about using them again for my future emails campaigns.
    Last edited by Greg Rice; March 18th, 2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Posting same message all over the Internet

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZekeLL
    6) Posting on different forums and online communities
    Really? And how well does that work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by angelinna
    Then I tried email advertising on different networks and it seemed to me that [spam url removed] ads delivered quite good results in terms of generated visits and conversion.

Such wisdom coming from this pair of newbie posters, thanks for the insights.

Welcome to ABW anyhow.
    Last edited by Greg Rice; March 18th, 2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Quote edited to remove url

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I have yet to find any viable advertising method/means that works and works long term.

The Utube idea rocks. I'd go to the closest college in your area with a television production course and get some students to put it together. Probably cost you zilch for the help and a little for sets and models etc.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    I have yet to find any viable advertising method/means that works and works long term.
    Word of mouth works wonders for me...for some things.

Of course word of mouth requires a little more than just "word of mouth" but like I said, it works.

I tattoo my kids foreheads with my websites and then have them go door to door asking the neighbors to all click on my banners. Weird, and you have to avoidsocial services but it works.

Ha! first social networking.
    now anti-social networking.

lol I have five kids
    I have five kids anyone want to rent space on their foreheads....hehe

But I thought I would chime in on craigslist - I have had great success selling products on craigslist...It sure dont seem to work as well though when I ask people to travel to my website to look at stuff.. Just put your product on there and a contact # or email and it works pretty well..

For my services (web and graphic design) it has done NOTHING so its pretty much a waste of time..for me but I have a friend who says he does well selling his real estate training course on there...

Sure cant beat the price so its worth a try.

Good luck

Some really good ideas here - YouTube only hampered by the fact that it needs to be a pretty good vid to stand out from the millions of others - though you can say the same for any ad, of course...

I like the ebay idea as a testing ground for new products (IF that's what the poster was saying). I don't run a store, but reckon it'd definitely be a good idea to put potential new stock on ebay before investing heavily in larger quantities. Perhaps e-companies already do - maybe I'm just being slow...

(C) infringement - Banned
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; October 17th, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks for the tips Prince 777. I especially like article marketing. Your articles don't have to read like Mark Twain either : ). Just short articles or how-to lists work very well. As long as your article is original and providing some value rather than just self-serving I think it is the best free effective way to promote.

Zeke,

What about article marketing? Use sites like Squidoo or Ezine articles. You can write articles about fashion or about what celebs are wearing and then point back to your store. Maybe feature a product of the week?

Hope that helps.

Colleen Darwent
    Affiliate Manager
    WorldwideBrands.com

Quote Originally Posted by angelinna
    I tried 2 methods to promote my website:

First I tried Google adSense for advertising my website, but I was not very happy with the results I got.

Hi Angelinna,
    You mentioned a while back you used a good email company.

i am currently looking for one now. could you recommend them to me,

thanks

Leo

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast