SkinStore purchases did not track
    I made 2 purchases from skinstore.com (on separate days) and neither one tracked. I contacted skinstore and they responded the same day and added the orders to my account.

In the email, they told me they didn't know why the orders didn't track. Both had the CJ affiliate code on their end. They also checked my links and they were fine.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFashionista
    I made 2 purchases from skinstore.com (on separate days) and neither one tracked. I contacted skinstore and they responded the same day and added the orders to my account.

In the email, they told me they didn't know why the orders didn't track. Both had the CJ affiliate code on their end. They also checked my links and they were fine.
    Thanks for the heads up Fashionista!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by TheFashionista
    In the email, they told me they didn't know why the orders didn't track.
    Aaaarrrgggghhhh! Not an acceptable answer. I wonder how many other orders haven't tracked and what further steps they're taking to find and fix the problem. Too many merchants don't seem to understand their responsibility in this equation. Their attitude tells me that they don't understand how these issues affect our livelihood or they just don't care or worse.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

The answer from SkinStore didn't seem acceptable to me, but I really don't have enough experience to know what I should do about it. I am new to affiliate marketing and really don't know how everything works. I send a fair amount of traffic to my merchants, but I have very few sales.

Can anyone tell me what I should do or give me some advice on how to proceed?

I sent an email to CJ regarding this issue, and here was the response I received:

"Technical support figured out that these sales were blocked by cookies. A transaction may not track for a variety of reasons, e.g. the user has security settings that automatically clear cookies or the transaction confirmation page times out. Any number of things may happen when a sale goes through as there are no guarantees that every transaction will be tracked. Please continue to talk to your advertisers when these issues pop up."

I don't know what I was expecting them to say, but to me this seems like a very convenient excuse. I don't know very much about cookies, but I do know that I have placed orders with another merchant that were recorded.

Is your PC set to block cookies? thats a common reason why sales don't track. check your security set up. merchants need to drop cookies to track the sale (and return days)

Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    Is your PC set to block cookies? thats a common reason why sales don't track. check your security set up. merchants need to drop cookies to track the sale (and return days)
    I thought the same thing, but that the first thing I checked on my computer.

Thanks!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread