making my own links
    Hello,I am wondering if anyone knows how to create my own links, I just want the name of their website as a link that has got coding in it.??

No Longer Banned!
    Create Your Own Links...
    Quote Originally Posted by topshoppanz
    Hello,I am wondering if anyone knows how to create my own links, I just want the name of their website as a link that has got coding in it.??

HI !

While CJ says that this is generally frownes upon, Yes you can create your own links to some extent.

The main thing is to makes sure you keep the tracking code CJ supplied to you.

Beyond that {Provided I didn't misunderstand you here}, you can change the text {or .jpg} to whatever you wish.

The tricky part for me was trying to figure out how to embed that into a set of code of my own to actually cloak the merchants name and info. - After all, I want to have them shop on my site not theirs.

I found this a little too complex for me at the time, and I hope to master this technique soon.

Hope this helps you out !

Steve

Ok thanks,so is the code they give the html.so inbetween all the code do i just change around the text to what i want?Thanx again for your help by the way!!

No Longer Banned!
    Custom Text Links On CJ.....
    Hi !

You need to keep the AID # {CID ??} & PID # in the link. It is a tracking code. Although you really don't need these codes to make the link Physically work, You WILL NOT get paid with out them.

Please be aware that while I do in fact know this info, I am by no means an expert and My intention is to block the merchants info all together. Linking me ONLY to the product picture w/ text and his shopping cart. After all, I don't want my sporting goods store to look like a Kentucky Fried Chicken. People will want to go to Kentucky Fried Chicken. Bad for me.

Also, While I am sort of telling you how to do it, I recommend that you not do it before checking with other sources. GET A SECOND OPINION PLEASE....Like maybe Donuts. He seems to know about the moral part of this biz and you don't want to your actions to have a negative impact on your long term financial health.

Make sure you ask if cloaking links is considered ethical first. It is {Or was in 2001} against CJ rules.

Also for those who read, I do not do this to "Force" "Rob" or "Trick" anyone. It is a legitimate sale all the way. I just don't want to reveal my source in the same manner as the Drop Ship guys do. - Just for clarities sake here...

Steve

Steve,

I have a similar question.

I am looking to create links on my own for several products from a merchant.

For Example: I like to link one the product from merchant. Currently I have to login to CJ and than get the code and put it on the site. I am looking for a method where I can just generate that code without going to CJ everytime? Is it possible? I don't mind when my users go to a merchant site to buy sutff.

Thank you for your help.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread