Am I the only person who finds these new banner ads that drop down larger images when the mouse goes over really annoying?

I keep accidently going to sites I'm really not interested in simply because the drop down occurs just as I try to click on a navigation link.

I've even just done it here!!!

You're not the only one.
    I don't have a TV because I got fed up with advertisements and announcements being broadcast at a higher volume than the programmes.
    Late at night you are watching a movie and have the volume set so you can hear it but it won't annoy the neighbours and suddenly someone is screaming at you from the set because they are desperate to attract your attention for half a minute.
    Does that kind of advertising actually pay-off?
    There are a whole range of products I will never purchase because I have been so alienated by their advertising campaigns.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't have a TV because I got fed up with advertisements and announcements <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL! That's just the opposite of me. I've got a TV but I never turn it on because I can't stand the drivel they try to pass off as "programming"--and think most of the ads are the bright spot in an otherwise bleak landscape!!

But I do agree that some of the latest web ads are annoying. My personal least-favorite are the "in-vue" ads (different ad places may use different names for these). Those are the ones that get right in the way of what you're trying to read, and usually an "X" doesn't even show up until after they've shown their little animation. In effect, you're stuck watching. Some of them seem cool at first, but after the 10th or 20th view it gets VERY old no matter how cool they start out.

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    Ahhhh you mean the one that was on the abw home page- LOL. It took me 4 times to try and get in because each time I went to get to the new posts button the damn thing dropped down and covered it up.

I had to come up from the bottom to not cause it to overlay the link.

Yes I thought that was anoying. As for the TV - mine hardley ever goes off but I stick 99% with cable programming to avoid the bs.

Tradedoubler ad removed, thanks for the subtlety

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Affiliates annoyed by wed ads? That's funny

I only hate any kind of pop-ups/pop-unders and try to stay away from sites that use them, except Yahoo!

By the way, I haven't notice any distrupting or annoying ad from ABW.

About the TV ads, while some of them very clever and funny and give me a lot of ideas so I like them, you always have the options of HBO, Starz, Showtime, and TiVO if you want to avoid them.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread