ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Martin Luther King Jr. Day
    Just a quick note to let you know that ShareASale offices will be closed on Monday in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Payments will be processed and paid on January 22 (Teusday)
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    The silence in this thread is deafening ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    The silence in this thread is deafening ...
    People don't want to say that they can't wait the extra day?

Or, no one know exactly when "Teusday" is?

Or, no one has anything to say about Martin Luther King, Jr.?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    People don't want to say that they can't wait the extra day?

Or, no one know exactly when "Teusday" is?

Or, no one has anything to say about Martin Luther King, Jr.?
    I don't think anyone's too happy about waiting to get paid.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

It would be worse if the banks were not closed tomorrow.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

OK. I'll jump on the MLK part of it. And thanks Brian for being closed.

If you have not yet take some time today and read up on him a little bit. The wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King%2C_Jr. It can't hurt for any of/all of us to be a little more aware of his work. I don't I'd be where I am with it.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

I applaud SAS for taking this time off to celebrate the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. In reading on the SAS site the other day, they also take Sept. 11th as a day to celebrate life and living itself. These holidays that are not mandated as "necessary" by some are a true reflection of company leadership and their commitment to what is really important in life. As for the payments, another 24 hours...no big deal. Thanks Brian and SAS for for standing up for what you believe is right, regardless of what other people think.

-sfcom

I second that... or actually, to be more accurate - third that.

Did I miss the memo or is this the only place you announce stuff like this?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    We try to post things here as well as the ShareASale Blog (which is also shown on the Affiliate Home Page)
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

I have decided to close my office next year on MLK day as a result of this thread. Could someone please remind me though?

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick24601
    OK. I'll jump on the MLK part of it. And thanks Brian for being closed.

If you have not yet take some time today and read up on him a little bit. The wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King%2C_Jr. It can't hurt for any of/all of us to be a little more aware of his work. I don't I'd be where I am with it.
    Thank you for this post Patrick. Many here are too young to remember Dr. King, and the impact his work and devotion had on changing the racial environment in this country. I do remember, and I have always admired his work, even though I did not agree with him on some of his political beliefs. But what I DO remember vividly is a personal experience that I, my brothers and sisters and mom and dad had when I was little.

As a young man of 11, I clearly / proudly remember my family being at a restaurant in 1959 when a bus pulled in and 30 - 40 people got off to come in for service. Never dawned on my 11 year old mind why the first 25 - 30 who got off were white, followed by a handful of African Americans.

What did stand out in my mind that day, and ever since, was the manager telling them that they did not serve black people (he used the racial expletive of that time). I will also NEVER forget how proud I was of the example my father set that day. As dad saw the people turn and walk out the door, he got up and walked outside. We saw him talking to two of the would be diners out front. Then dad came back in, ordered meals to go, and told our waitperson that we were not going to stay for lunch. They figured the meals to go were for us. He got us up, and had us wait outside while he waited for the meals.

I still whell up with pride and love for my dad at the memory of seeing him come out with a grocery bag full of meals for them. He then had us get back in the car and drove to the next town - where we pulled in and ate at another restaurant. That experience stood out in my mind for life, and when Dr. King finally came on the scene, I'm sure it helped me to better understand and appreciate his mission and his relentless desire to eliminate the racial walls created by ignorance.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton

I still whell up with pride and love for my dad at the memory of seeing him come out with a grocery bag full of meals for them. He then had us get back in the car and drove to the next town - where we pulled in and ate at another restaurant. That experience stood out in my mind for life, and when Dr. King finally came on the scene, I'm sure it helped me to better understand and appreciate his mission and his relentless desire to eliminate the racial walls created by ignorance.
    No wonder you're so wise and brilliant Alan ... your dad was a gem.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Alan, I haven't been able to respond to your post about your father before now because I've been sick, but I cannot let it pass.

As Rexanne said, it's evident where you get your wisdom and intgegity (not that your mother did not support your father's actions as well). What your father did was exemplary, and if more people had his virtue, the development of civil rights would have gone a lot smoother over the ensuing decades.

The word to deccribe your father is that he is a mensch

Alan,

Wow! What an incredible father you have! I wish so many more people were like your dad.....What a world we live in if they were!!!!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Rex, Rol, AffH,

Happy to see that you are feeling better AfH. Thank you all for your sincere compliments about my dad. I miss that funny little guy and am always inspired when I think of the countless times we shared.

Dad was a very special guy for sure. Not just to our family, but to everyone who came in contact with him. I remember a friend of ours in MA who met him in 1994 while he was out with mom to visit us. She summed him up up in a sentence. She said with a big grin on her face: "you can just tell that your dad is a special person, his eyes smile and he has that special twinkle of life in his eyes."

But my proudest moment as a child was the incident at the restaurant and how dad first helped others and then took the opportunity to educate us about what had happened, and the importance in our own lives of understanding and welcoming that all men are equal. I remember it every MLK day. Yep, my dad Bill was my hero in many ways.... :-)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread