A rare visit to my Linkshare mail center reminded me of those little things (as opposed to the major ones) that bug me about being an affiliate. In no particular order:

1. publisherspipeline.com - why do they send all those emails?

2. Batched transactions at Linkshare. No quick test to see how a merchant pans out. Days and weeks before the transactions get recorded. But still, at least they don't get reversed.

3. The linkshare check. On my latest, the green border, the fold and the perforation are all out of sync.

4. CJ calls them "advertisers"

5. The fact that I'm *still* looking for a way to kick my dependency on Google without having to get into email marketing.

6. The fact that when I try to explain to people what I do (earn money on the net), they think I'm either in the adult industry or I'm like those taxi drivers who take people to the right bars and brothels in return for a commission.

7. Affiliates who complain about their pet peeves when actually they're very grateful for the opportunity to make a decent income sitting at home in front of a PC.

Amazon

One word says it all...

Merchants who send nicely crafted newsletters every now and then but evade the emails that ask "where is my last month's check?".

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Here is one resulting from an email I just received from a LS merchant. Won't name them until they reply and have a chance to answer to it. Has me royally p*ssed off.
    Theur email states they just reworked their site and banners now all need to be updated by June 15 so they don't expire and not track.
    I have hundreds of pages and they have space on a fair number. If I don't remove them all they get from me is free traffic. What a way to get free non commissionable sales for them.
    I have old expired merchants receiving many clicks since I can't find them all or using old cached pages which are tough enough.
    So much for working with you partners for everyones benefit.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    When other affiliates post stuff like "The end of affiliate marketing" "The affiliate model is dying" that kinda crap.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Won't they STOP - PLEASE ?

I am referring to PublishersPipeline.Com and the SPAM they put in my Linkshare inbox. I have replied to them, asked Sarah to have them stop, and finally wrote them directly - to no avail.

Sarah said she would talk to the PublishersPipeline rep at Linkshare - that was four months ago.

The total emails now number in the hundreds. I am NOT kidding. I am pissed!

Is anyone here an affiliate of these clowns?

Make them go away - please...

Fred

"Zymurgy's Law of Volunteer Labor: People are always available for work in the past tense."

GoCollect's reversals.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

ABW Ambassador
    I never looked into my linkshare mailbox. Perhaps there are now thousands of mails? I let them there.

carneol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carneol:
    I never looked into my linkshare mailbox. Perhaps there are now thousands of mails? I let them there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I think it was at least 6 months before I ever looked in there, then I deleted them all - it was another 6 months before I found out those and the newer deleted ones were only moved to the trash and needed further deleting

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Reading this made me look in my Snare Mailbox! I hadn't looked in it for about 3 years!

I only had 57 spams, but they dated back to July 2002. Maybe the system picked up that I hadn't looked in years? I know it was long before July 2002 that I quit looking in there...

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    A so called responsible network that encrypts the affiliate id inside a cookie so that you can't tell when it's been overwritten or tampered with.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>A so called responsible network that encrypts the affiliate id inside a cookie so that you can't tell when it's been overwritten or tampered with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah...so THAT'S it! I knew there had to be *some* catch...

~Revenue is King

Applesauce!

LS doesn't encrypt the affiliate ID see ...

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...3&m=6906010133

... as anyone can clearly see ... the affiliate ID is NOT even close to being encrypted!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    1 down - It ain't Linkshare

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread