Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pet affiliate programs through this board?
    Which Pet programs are recommended through this board as good based on history of sales, payments being paid out and parasite free?

Bob of PetsWarehouse.com is quite active here. They are exclusive to ShareASale showing an EPC of $5.61-$6.07 at an average sale of $52.07-$59.74 there.

Pet Nutrition Products, Inc. (also on SaS) show an EPC of $25.18-$50.14 there, while eSmartCat.com is now showing a $30.62-$68.57 EPC range. They may be worth checking out. EntirelyPets.com and VetAmerica.com also look interesting.

At CJ: PetCareRx, PETCO, and Pets United may be worth a look.

Geno

thanks Geno

web dev with whiskers tn-morgen's Avatar
    I also have good sales at bio fog (odor control), catsplay, and only natural pet - all on SAS

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    The 2 big giants with a B&M are:
    PetsCo - CJ per Geno
    PetsMart - LS

I used to promote PetsMart and they do fairly well. FYI - They have Upromise in their program
    (Note: There are some pets merchants that will bash other merchants but take it with a pinch of salt, as I never enjoy seeing name callings like 'flee infested' which was used by one pet merchant against another)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    The 2 big giants with a B&M are:
    PetsCo - CJ per Geno
    PetsMart - LS

I used to promote PetsMart and they do fairly well. FYI - They have Upromise in their program
    (Note: There are some pets merchants that will bash other merchants but take it with a pinch of salt, as I never enjoy seeing name callings like 'flee infested' which was used by one pet merchant against another)

Do you think the cat market is bigger than the dog market?

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Breakdown of pet ownership in the U.S. according to the 2007-2008 National Pet Owners Survey Number of U.S. Households that Own a Pet (millions)

Bird 6.4

Cat 38.4

Dog 44.8

Equine 4.3

Freshwater Fish 14.2

Saltwater Fish .8

Reptile 4.8

Small Animal 6.0

Total Number of Pets Owned in the U.S. (millions)

Bird 16

Cat 88.3

Dog 74.8

Equine 13.8

Freshwater Fish 142.0

Saltwater Fish 9.6

Reptile 13.4

Small Animal 24.3

Dog owners buy more products, we stock 19,000 dog v 2,300 cat products.

Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

I do cats only on one site, anything with fur on another. My cats love being "special" and I think I'm probably one of the most active doing what I do....

I have been concentrating on using Petswarehouse, you can call their office to talk to Ryan about any issues, they have the most products.

I can't get much support out of the other pet merchants.

Pets warehouse support email on their site just keeps getting returned how is anyone meant to talk to them?

Arrow
    One reason is that our mail server will block any emails with attachments.

Otherwise it should work ok.

Also you can use Ryan@ or Bob@

Alternatively you are always welcome to call us 800.991.3299

We are very accessible and ready to assist you to be a real partner
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Bob,
    Do you guys sell pets? I couldn't find any on the site. Lots of pet supplies.. but I didn't see any animals.

(I read this and it sounds flippant, but it's not meant to be. Just an honest if not stupid question)
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    Bob,
    Do you guys sell pets? I couldn't find any on the site. Lots of pet supplies.. but I didn't see any animals.

(I read this and it sounds flippant, but it's not meant to be. Just an honest if not stupid question)
    Most pet stores don't sell cats or dogs, especially online stores. They may sell reptiles, fish or birds though. Personally I wouldn't by live animals from an online pet store.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Most pet stores don't sell cats or dogs, especially online stores. They may sell reptiles, fish or birds though. Personally I wouldn't by live animals from an online pet store.
    huh... I never noticed that. I suppose many off line pet shops work on the 'ahhhh' principle to sell on impulse which wouldn't work online. Thanks loxly.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Outsourced Program Manager
    We've been researching for a ShareASale program called PerfectLitter (perfectlitter.com) and I've found a gazillion catteries online. They post pictures of the cats and some take PayPal. Seems a little odd but I guess it helps show what they have.
    Brook Schaaf
    Schaaf-PartnerCentric
    p/f: 512.464.1122
    Skype - brookschaaf
    www.schaafpc.com | brook@schaafpc.com

Quote Originally Posted by brookschaaf
    We've been researching for a ShareASale program called PerfectLitter (perfectlitter.com) and I've found a gazillion catteries online. They post pictures of the cats and some take PayPal. Seems a little odd but I guess it helps show what they have.
    Catteries? These are, from what you can tell, individuals/breeders selling cats or are they B&M shops?
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Outsourced Program Manager
    Catteries? These are, from what you can tell, individuals/breeders selling cats or are they B&M shops?
    Not sure what B&M is. Ones like this:

http://www.aaadiamondsphynx.com/
    http://www.kittiary.com/khome.htm
    http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/jimandisiamese/index.html
    http://www.dzhinestra.com/en/
    http://www.rockcreekranchragdolls.com/
    http://www.onscat.com/
    Last edited by brookschaaf; January 24th, 2008 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Removed non-cattery url.
    Brook Schaaf
    Schaaf-PartnerCentric
    p/f: 512.464.1122
    Skype - brookschaaf
    www.schaafpc.com | brook@schaafpc.com

Bob,
    Yes we do, we have a full line warehouse type walk in 17,000' store.

However, we don't ship all types, there's the impulse factor, we give a dame about the animals.

We do ship fish, corals, aquarium plants and Live rock everyday.

On all live aqua orders one of of support team makes a call to verify the end user knows what to do upon arrival and that they must be home or accept at their place of work the shipment via FedEx next day.

I am a licensed importer, and we are also licensed by the US Fish & Wildlife Dept along with the USDA. No middle man involved.

The average live aqua order is $320, it's ashame none of our affiliates take advantage of this opportunity.
    I would have thought a few would have built niche sites around tropical fish. Hint!!!!!

Without the animals, why have supplies?
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Bob, back when I used marineland mix to start a salt tank, I might have put together an aquaria site. However, most places won't let you have either aquariums or waterbeds unless you own the place. And most of the world is still living in rentals.

Now, on the selling of cats online. The catteries - breeders of specific breeds of cats for show and further breeding - tend to charge commensurate with the care they give the cat. I don't know about dogs, but I suspect it's similar. Also, some breeds are more expensive than others due to rarity of the breed.

Another factor for breeders is the end-home or purchaser of the animal. Most really care about the cats and dogs they breed. Some don't - no names, just experience.

I think it's silly to buy a breeded animal. Go to the Petfinder page & rescue a dog or cat instead.

Failing that, go to the local kill shelter and get one there to save it's life.

http and a telephoto
    I have/had a "cattery". A cattery is the cat equivelent of a kennel for dogs. Catteries are cat breeders and kennels are dog breeders. Reputable catteries/cat breeders do not sell their animals to pet stores. They do however connect with cat buyers online and after discussions with potential owners, take payments online and ship cats all over the world. I have cats I have bred living in Austria, Germany, Portugal, Alaska and in many states. Cat breeders also show cats and meet potential pet buyers at shows.

Pet stores general get their cats and dogs from "mills" and not from reputable breeders, but that is another discussion for another day. I have a directory of cat breeders on one of my sites. I would link you to my own cattery site, but the template late 90's front page that hasn't been updated I haven't had a litter of kittens since 2002.

Many breeders also assist rescues with placing adult cats and place their own adult cats for sale via their websites. But again, not in pet stores. Most pet stores now give cat and dog rescues space in their stores to facilitate adoptions instead of selling them.

Anyone that wants further info on this kind of thing can feel free to email me directly.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by tn-morgen
    Bob, back when I used marineland mix to start a salt tank, I might have put together an aquaria site. However, most places won't let you have either aquariums or waterbeds unless you own the place. And most of the world is still living in rentals.
    The facts are 15 M households own fish with 150 Million fish in those tanks!

In our company the aquarium segment is the strongest. Dog supplies are second.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

http and a telephoto
    Brook a couple of those links are to friends of mine
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by loxly

Pet stores general get their cats and dogs from "mills" and not from reputable breeders, but that is another discussion for another day.
    Debbie, simply not true, that is gross miss statement, the pet stores that sell dogs and cats MUST be licensed and inspected by a USDA veterinarian at least once a year.
    Private breeders have no regulations or inspections at all, what so ever.
    Educated consumers need to know that these breeders are not required to be licensed or inspected by any State Agency; also consumers are not protected by the“states animal laws as you are with USDA licensed store, under the Animal Welfare Act.

The consumer has much more recourse with a store than a individual.

Breeders selling directly to the public need to sell every puppy in the litter stores chose the pick of the litter.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Puppy mills and pet stores that sell pets? This is something that has been controversial for a long time.

I remember several "top breeders" being closed by the humane society in NV because they were being run as puppy mills. I don't know if it was sour grapes or what, but it seems pretty common that all breeders need to watch for this kind of thing.

I mean - if there are too many cages outside, conditions are not pristine and so on (who can really do that, anyway?) some unhappy person can call the humane society & say it's a puppy mill.....

Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    Yes we do, we have a full line warehouse type walk in 17,000' store.

However, we don't ship all types, there's the impulse factor, we give a dame about the animals.

We do ship fish, corals, aquarium plants and Live rock everyday.

On all live aqua orders one of of support team makes a call to verify the end user knows what to do upon arrival and that they must be home or accept at their place of work the shipment via FedEx next day.

I am a licensed importer, and we are also licensed by the US Fish & Wildlife Dept along with the USDA. No middle man involved.

The average live aqua order is $320, it's ashame none of our affiliates take advantage of this opportunity.
    I would have thought a few would have built niche sites around tropical fish. Hint!!!!!

Without the animals, why have supplies?
    I would have thought dogs and cats would draw in more sales than fish, are you sure you dont just want affiliates to promote an area on your site which is getting less sales to boost sales in that area

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast