Affiliate Network Rep
    Thumbs up The man behind this forum inspired me!!
    You know its not often that I meet people these days and get inspired - I mean the type of inspiration you get when you watch famous speeches in history or see someone with a disability overcome it and achieve great things in life.

I had the honor of spending lunch again with Haiko today and let me tell you that we are very very lucky to have a guy like that behind this forum!!

Not only does he totally understand everything that is going on in our industry today he also knows exactly where it needs to get to so that we all and I mean ALL have a better future!

ABW is a great resource I'm sure you would all agree but it needs a strong, insightful and ethical leader who actually really cares whether this industry prospers and I think its got just that - Haiko!

We are in safe hands here.

I felt inspired to write this post and I hope some of you who have not had the chance yet get to meet him in person and that he can inspire you as he has me today!

He also knows where to get a great Porterhouse Steak!!

Thanks Haiko

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Love the post Mal.

I think Haiko's energy permeates this forum and that's what makes it a great place.

Who's your daddy?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I have always had a great time with Haiko, he is indeed a wonderful person to hang out with. If I drank Vodka I would do a toast!

I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting Haiko, but what Mal said certainly permeates this forum. I have had that same feeling about "The Man" for the two years (or so) that I have been participating here.

I am very much looking forward to finally getting to meet Haiko at Affiliate Summit next month.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I haven't met Haiko yet, and am so looking forward to meeting him in Vegas, but talked with him on the phone a number of times. He's the guy with his finger on the pulse of affiliate marketing and is certainly someone all of us in this biz can look up to and be inspired by.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't be where I am without Haiko and ABW.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Mal,

Totally unexpected, thank you for the kudos and more importantly for being on the same page!

Gosh, I think I'm blushing!

You gotta admit though, that was one killer Porterhouse! Glad you finished this one
    ======

Rexy, Beachy and Greg,

Someone asked me today if I was excited about possibly winning an award or two, and seeing Vegas today, I answered - absolutely not! The only thing I'm going for is to meet you, my extended family members and making sure you all know how much I honor and appreciate all of you.

PS. There are other members that I am definitely looking forward to meeting as well, the "short list" includes Michael Coley, Ron (7days), Sue (staril), HecticDMC, Jen Goode, Geno and lastly but never least ... Billy K! I really have no need to place any bets, I've already hit the jackpot with friends and associates like all of you.

==========
    Connie,
    Yep, hanging out with you is real fun, but you should be happy you only drink H20 and not that vodka stuff -- it could only cause hangovers and headaches.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

well haiko even if I didn't make the short list, I am excited to meet you!!!

Rolet, you know your on the list also, in fact I'm sure I'm going to upset some whom I didn't mention, and for that I'm truly sorry, it was not my intention. Please forgive me.

The "short list" is actually a long list, to long to post, but you know whom you all are.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Online Marketing Consultant
    Connie, I'll help ya with the Vody part in Vegas =0) hahahah

Haiko is definitely a once in a lifetime type of person to get to meet and befriend. He is not just inspiring but one of the most giving and truly decent people you will ever meet.

Can't wait to see you again in Vegas buddy =0).
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Just don't expect to meet Haiko on a fishing boat, in rough seas in Miami ....

See you in Vegas budds ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Haiko, I am also very much looking forward to meeting you in person.

Mal is right. You rock, man. You do.

Geno

I am inspired by knowing that we have a leader here who is unmoved by others' opinions. He is his own man and walks a path of his own making. Even though we have never met, I am happy to say I know you Haiko. You represent honesty, vigor, and enthusiasm that we, as your community, couldn't thrive without.

Needless to say, if you ever come to Pittsburgh, you have my number. I have heard there are some good restaurants here...

-sfcom

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    I am so looking forward to meeting Haiko in Vegas!

I have learned so much from this forum and its members. There is never a dull day here and I am so thankful to have ABW to visit each day. Thanks, Haiko for making it happen and for keeping the horse-hockey to a minimum! (I love that term! You can't type it or say it out loud without smiling!)
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    A bit shy of a year ago I emailed Haiko and asked about getting a relaunch going since we had our forum back in '03.

So I knew him from back then.

A few days later he called at 8AM we spoke for over an hour & half about what was going on with networks, parasites a whole bunch of issues.
    Not too many people are plugged into affiliate marketing like him.

The man gives a lot of his own time trying to help everyone he can.

Plus he knows all great resturants in NYC

Thanks Haiko
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Haven't met Haiko either but maybe some day I will.
    pssssst I was actually kinda a little scared of him when I first joined. I had read some things from other places how tough a place this was, so when I joined I didn't know what to expect. I figured I was gonna do something wrong and get yelled at by him and kicked out or something without ever knowing what it was I did. lol

Having been here now for a while, think just the opposite. He's just a big ole teddy bear. (hmmm actually ...since he started getting healthier, he's more like a medium size ole teddy bear) Day that definitely changed it for me was when he posted photos of he and his wife going to adopt the bear.....and then there were posts about a troll and his doggie. and the "horse-hockey " definitely agree with Kim. I giggle everytime I read it, too.[img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I don't know much about Haiko the person like the rest of you who know him personally, since I only know about him from here but I think he runs this place pretty fairly. Only people who should be scared of him lol are the bad guys and have an awful lot of respect for him cos of his speaking out about them.

What I have seen of Haiko the person is that he's an extremely generous person just for the fact that he provides this place for all of us and he has been soooo generous in other ways here. One of the things I admire most in people are those that think for themselves and he definitely does.

So, even tho I don't know him the way a lot of you do, I echo your sentiments about him. I'm not scared of him anymore and think he's a very nice person who cares an awful lot about those people close to him and issues that are important to him and I respect him a lot for what he's doing and is going to continue to do.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.

Rexy, Beachy and Greg,

Someone asked me today if I was excited about possibly winning an award or two, and seeing Vegas today, I answered - absolutely not! The only thing I'm going for is to meet you, my extended family members and making sure you all know how much I honor and appreciate all of you.
    Haiko,

I know Deb told you I said this: "OMG meeting Haiko will be like meeting God!"

And I meant it. :-)

Looking SO forward to one big hug to incorporate all the hugs I've wanted to give you in the past couple of years.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I'm really looking forward to meeting Haiko, too. There are only a handful of people I would put on the same level in our industry in terms of integrity, influence and importance.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Haiko, Isn't it time you take a vacation to Mexico City? I could use some affiliate tips down here :-)

Haiko - I'm honored to be on that list. I've been looking forward to meeting you as well! I wholeheartedly agree with everything that Mal posted; you're definitely an inspiration, and I thank my lucky stars that Deb brought me into all this when she did.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    "OMG meeting Haiko will be like meeting God!"
    That's exactly what I feel myself ... it'll be nearly as bad as meeting Loxly for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Staril
    That's exactly what I feel myself ... it'll be nearly as bad as meeting Loxly for the first time
    I had fun meeting them both in NYC at Adtech
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread