I joined a merchant last night. I immediately put up individual product links to their product pages. I checked ALL links after doing so and ALL links worked perfectly. Each one going to the individual product so I/whoever could get more info in this IP. Today, I look at my shiny new product page and clicked on it out of pride. Instead of landing on the page for that product, I landed on a generic page. ALL of the Ind. Prod. links went to the same page. I checked and rechecked the links to ensure they weren't messed up somehow and even went back to CJ to check my links against the ones generated. All looks fine. I went ahead and deleted my cookies thinking that may be the problem but I still get sent to the same page.

Needless to say I emailed the merchant bright and early and have heard nothing yet.

Any ideas?

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

ABW Ambassador
    Nope! Don't have a clue.
    Would you mind sharing the merchants name so we can check our links if we are joined with them?
    Cazzie

I can think of one merchant in particular I've had this trouble with. I got so fed up with the constantly changing landing pages, that I've pulled almost all of their links.

Stuff like this is way too high maintenance. Does the merchant's name begin with a "C"? If so, I'm pretty sure who you're referring to, do a search for them here at ABW and you'll see this is not a new issue with them.

If your merchant's name doesn't begin with a "C", I would say to E-mail support at CJ and have them look into it.

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

after reading the topic prior to this one I don't know if I am allowed to post anyones name, merchant or not.

It is a Cellphone company if you are interested.

Another thing about them is they have a 1-800 number posted under the BUY NOW button which I thought about and decided to go ahead anyway, I wanted a merchant that deals in Nextel phones specifically. Under the 1-800 number is a call in code. I figured it was so the operator would know they came from me. So, I erased all cookies through my browser and typed in the url. I got the call-in code LFLU. I erased my cookies again and went to the same product through my page (after refinding it because the links don't work) and I got the same call-in code.

I think I am exerting more effort than I need to. I'll probably just find another merchant.

Steve

Cellphone merchants. Pah.

It does happen. Especially with the merchant beginning with "C" (and ending with "atalog City").

Indeed, some links are broken to start with. If you're not 100% sure about the merchant, you gotta check each one

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

There may be session IDs in the original URL if you got them directly from their site then change it through network links. If not, I'd contact the merchants and ask them.

@ Dynamoo:

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

Okay, the merchant e-mailed me back. He wrote a very lengthy explanation on how to fix the problem. I haven't delved into it yet but will when I get the chance. I insinuated that the merchant was operating below standards but after getting this e-mail I will have to say that letstalk.com so far has my thumbs up.

I'm glad I didn't jump the gun by giving out their name ahead of time.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread