ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation The Linkshare Exhange Rate Rip-OFF!!!
    I just thought I would bring to light the way Linkshare or the company they use for processing payments to International affiliates is cheating affiliates out of a heck of a lot of money.

I have already written to them about this but they won't do anything about it. What they are doing is using huge exchange rates that are nowhere near the current banking or exchange rates everyone else is using.

My latest payment for last week was paid on the 22nd of Jan, the current exchange rate for that day was the lowest it has been for sometime and it was affected by the stock market crash, it was around 85c Australian Dollars to every $1 US. But Linkshares rate was over 91c per dollar. That is just a blatant rip-off as far as I'm concerned.

Now if CJ, ShareASale, Google and other networks can pay the proper exchange rates then why can't Linkshare?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Now if CJ, ShareASale, Google and other networks can pay the proper exchange rates then why can't Linkshare?
    I think it'd cause them psychological trauma if they suddenly went legit.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    G,

I know you mentioned a few months ago about incorporating in US or having a bank acct and then sending it to Aust. Not sure what happened to that but just throwing out the option..

I know every company is looking to make $$ from the exchange rate but it should be competitive. If not guys like you will simply go to CJ or Google.

G, Paypal would be an option too rite?

ABW Ambassador
    Eric, yes I did open a USA account here but I can only use it for merchants who send checks as not one of the networks are able to send US dollars via direct debit, this was a good idea thanks and I now get a good interest on that account. I'm definitly keeping it as an option to go back to checks with LS in the future but it can be a pain waiting for them when they get lost etc etc. It would just be nice if they could be fair, 85/86c would be fair but 91+ is not...

It would be interesting to hear from other International affiliates who use direct debit.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread