Any interest in a herb/spice/tea/essential oil merchant?
    We manufacture and sell bulk herbs, bulk spices, loose tea, herb capsules, herbal extracts essential oils, and other natural products (over 3000 total) and are interested in getting an affiliate program going. I've been advised to go with Shareasale, make all of our products available on a ftp feed, offer nice images, and then run an ad on this forum to announce the program. I imagine it's going to take quite a bit of work to get everything setup, so before we move forward I'd like to know if there is any interested out there.

We don't sell branded products, sexual enhancement products, or products marketed for specific conditions - just natural products and some accessories to go with (such as empty capsules for those who like to encapsulate their own herbs), many of which are organic/kosher, and have a solid reputation for quality built over 30 years.

Is there anyone who would be interested in utilizing a datafeed for our products? I won't name our company, but if you need to ask additional questions to clarify what we offer, I would be happy to answer them.

Cabz,

Welcome to ABW and yes there are affiliates who would be interested in promoting your type of products. But it isn't just the products that the affiliates will look in to.

Your commission structure
    Cookie Duration
    Leaks on your Site
    Phone tracking if a visitor can purchase your products offline
    Bonuses
    Creative Pieces
    An Affiliate Manager who will actively manages your program, by that I mean they are accessible to your affiliates and knowledgeable
    Auto Deposit

These are just a few things that an affiliate will want in order to promote your products

Hi Rolet,

Thank you for the welcome, and the informative response. If there's interest, I'm certainly open to picking a quality affiliate manager (possibly off of the forum here, as I wouldn't know where else to look) and setting things up as best I can, with their help. I'm not adverse to the work it will take, but before I put in the work I thought it would be nice to throw out a feeler and gauge interest.

Cabz,

If you would like to talk, shoot me an email to ajanssen at rolet dot com and I will pass on all my contact information.

ABW Ambassador
    cabz, the above criteria are all things people look at, and sure there would be interest if the site and terms are right.

You can avail yourself of consulting and also can browse through the forums and see what kind of posts folks do and how they communicate. There are a bunch with a presence here, and it also helps to look at "relationships" people have, because that's also a part of it.

Outsourced Program Managers

Cabz,

Marcia is accurate, that there are a lot of great Program managers here. I get the impression that at this time you are not looking for this but rather want to gauge interest level in your type of products and if a data feed will be necessary.

Have you run any competitive data? what are your competitors offering? what networks are they utilizing? which affiliates are actively promoting their products? Is your commission structure competitive for your vertical? have you established goals for your program? What other forms of online advertising are you utilizing? Have you weighed the effects of an affiliate program on them? plus many more questions....

If you would like assistance in either figuring those answers, or showing you how to find them, again feel free to contact me.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi Cabz,

Can you post or email a link to your site so that we can take a look?

-Mike

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello cabz,

If your store is the one that starts with 'www.star.....' I think it has pretty good potential for affiliates to promote. The rest would be as Rolet says, how you structure the program for long term success.

I think it may be ok for you as a merchant to post your site here one time just so we get an idea and help you further otherwise feel free to email any one of us or myself jorge @jrami.com with no obbligation.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree I am interested, but would have to see the site, company and program details that others have already listed.

Ohhhhh..... my.... if I'm looking at the right site from Jorge's hint, that is a nice site! Lots of products. Would be really interested if you have a nice datafeed with LOTS of pictures AND joined Popshops..... I lurves me some Popshops!

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by kayecee
    AND joined Popshops..... I lurves me some Popshops!
    but a verrryy carefully categorized datafeed, please

Yes..... I've dumped a few merchants because I had to wade through a gabillion products with downright atrocious or completely nonexistent categorization!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge - JRami

If your store is the one that starts with 'www.star.....' I think it has pretty good potential for affiliates to promote. The rest would be as Rolet says, how you structure the program for long term success.

I think it may be ok for you as a merchant to post your site here one time just so we get an idea and help you further otherwise feel free to email any one of us or myself jorge @jrami.com with no obbligation.
    You're assumption is correct, Jorge. I would post a link, but I'm sure they'd rather I advertise the program through the proper channels once it's available, and I didn't want to start off here on the wrong foot. It sounds like I need to talk with an affiliate manager (or a few) to get a better idea of what it's going to take to put together a successful program.

Welcome to ABW, cabz. It sounds like you're starting with the right attitude.

In addition to checking out the "Merchant Best Practices" forum here on ABW, feel free to check out the free advice I've posted for merchants at http://www.MarkWelch.com/web-marketi...iate-index.php

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabz
    You're assumption is correct, Jorge. I would post a link, but I'm sure they'd rather I advertise the program through the proper channels once it's available, and I didn't want to start off here on the wrong foot. It sounds like I need to talk with an affiliate manager (or a few) to get a better idea of what it's going to take to put together a successful program.
    Then great to hear cause it looks ready for sales and promos from all angles. Look forward to info and announcement here on ABW.

ABW Ambassador
    checking out the "Merchant Best Practices" forum here on ABW
    Here's a direct link to the forum:

Merchant Best Practices

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    In addition to checking out the "Merchant Best Practices" forum here on ABW, feel free to check out the free advice I've posted for merchants at http://www.MarkWelch.com/web-marketi...iate-index.php
    Thank you, Mark. I read through a few of the your articles and it definitely seemed like a solid place to start and expand my knowledge of affiliate marketing a bit.

Thank you to all of you who replied. An affiliate program seems viable, so I guess it's time to look through the program manager threads and consider that route.
    Last edited by cabz; February 4th, 2008 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabz
    An affiliate program seems viable, so I guess it's time to look through the program manager threads and consider that route.

Feel free to contact me directly at a janssen at rolet dot com if you want to talk about your program

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread