Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "ABestWeb Book of Records" Contest - Full Summit Pass, $100.00 & 3 Books at Stake

Smile "ABestWeb Book of Records" Contest - Full Summit Pass, $100.00 & 3 Books at Stake
    Alright, boys and gals,

The time has come for you to shake your shyness and lay aside your modesty. This is a time to brag!

ABestWeb Book of Records Contest

Rules: Post your personal record (whatever it is) in this thread. It can be anything: catching a huge fish, making an X number of pushups, loosing X lbs in a given timeframe, literally anything!

Posting Deadline: 3:40 pm EST of Friday, 1 February (you've got 7 days to post)

Prizes:

1st prize - Full Pass to the Affiliate Summit West 2008 + an autographed copy of my newest book

2nd prize - $100 GenoBucks via PayPal + an autographed book

3rd prize - An autographed copy of the book

I realize that some of you may have already pre-ordered the book. No problem. If you win one of the above 3 prizes, I will refund your money and let you have the book for free.

Winners Announcement will be made on Friday, 1 February, between 4 and 6 pm EST.

There are no restrictions as far as who can participate. The contest is open for any ABW-er to take part in!

Looking forward to your entries.

Geno

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    My Record
    Longest Spanish-English Translation: A transfer pricing report. The translated document contains 69 pages with a total of 16,350 words in 1991 paragraphs.

Yes, I was very relieved when I finished that one.

167 pieces of shrimp during Red Lobster's Endless Shrimp promotion.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    167 pieces of shrimp during Red Lobster's Endless Shrimp promotion.
    Reminds me of how a friend (a lady, mind you) was telling us how she drank 10 liters (21+ US pints) of beer in the course of one evening/night at an Oktoberfest in Germany.

Geno

Okay... Mine is: blowing up 70 balloons for my Princess' 3rd birthday. Those were some loooooooooong 1.5-2 hours of blowing. :-) ...but it was certainly worth it (in the morning when she woke up).

Geno

PS: Of course, I am not participating in the contest.

Programming/Work related

Longest continuous amount of time spent programming in a lab environment... 16 hours

Tallest Mountain Dew pyramid built from cans I finished myself... 5 levels, 55 cans. (After someone knocked it over for the 3rd time, aluminum can pyramid building was banned from my workplace.)

Sports

Best game bowled: 210
    Best No Tap Score: 274

Number of times I was on the champion team in fastpitch softball tournaments: 8
    Highest season batting average: 440

Best 1 game free throw percentage: 87.5% (7/8)

Number of pounds I've put on since my glory days of sports because of sitting in front of a computer too much....

I'm sure I'll think of some more. I will not most likely not be going to Summit, so if in the unlikely event I win 1st, you can give my prize to someone else.

This looks like it'll be a fun contest!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    The most unpublished songs discovered and licensed for one film: 36
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Lasted 2920 days without having sex with my true love and finally got to do the deal on my wedding night with poinson ivy on my manhood. That was 23 years ago.

Meet me in Vegas to hear the "rest of the story"

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Alright, boys and gals,

The time has come for you to shake your shyness and lay aside your modesty. This is a time to brag!

ABestWeb Book of Records Contest

Rules: Post your personal record (whatever it is) in this thread. It can be anything: catching a huge fish, making an X number of pushups, loosing X lbs in a given timeframe, literally anything!

3rd prize - An autographed copy of the book

There are no restrictions as far as who can participate. The contest is open for any ABW-er to take part in!

Looking forward to your entries.

Geno

What Book?

I don't need no money,
    I don't need no pass,
    but I take your books,
    if you pay the tax. (in case I win, of course)

--------------------

So now you want a personal record too, huh?

Ok, but remember that I am going to spill the beans just, for the two books that you're selling, because I still refuse to join paypal again.

So how about this personal record? (Too bad that now I am going to reveal what I was going to say on the sfcom thread on February 2nd.)

Here it goes: (There goes my reputation!)

About 20, or 23 years ago, I decided to test how long I could be able to go without eating anything, and also see how much pounds I can lose on the mean time.

Well...

I started my self induced hunger strike on a Frebruary 1st.

The first three days was like going to hell in a hen basket! (Btw, in all the times that I have been in hell, I have never went there no real stinking hen basket, ok?)

So how did I did it?

Well...

After the fourth day, I was no longer feeling any hunger, nor any need to eat.

But...

At that time I didn't just went completely blank on my daily intake.

(I may hate to admit this, but so far I have no regrets about those days, until I broke that, stupid, crazy, or whatever you want to call my [hunger strike] diet.)

On those 21 days, I did chew a lot of Wrigley's doublemint gum, I had my regular cups of daily coffee, I smoked a lot of Marlboro cigarets, and I also drank a few rum and coke drinks, almost every day too.

Unfortunately, I still need to get my daily dose of coffee and I still smoke (Bronco now, because it's cheaper, about ½ the price of Marlboro.), but I have quitted any rum, or any other hard hard liquor after that. Now, I only drink at home only, and by the way... some of my post that have got me in some kind of (whatever), were made under some of those stupid 's.

So now what? I have just confessed about some of my bad posts (Hey, I am a ******g Capricorn too.), and I have posted about one of my personal records, where are my free books?

Well...

After 21 days on my self induced hunger strike diet, I saw that have lost 45 pounds, so on day 22, while I was about 30 miles from home, and I knew that no body would find out, I decided to cheat, and wind up on the doors of a Dominoes pizza join.

So I say to my self that day: "What the heck, I am going to pig out today, anyway, there is no witness to this eating around here", so I went and order a large pepperony pizza, and eat it all by myself in less than 30 minutes or less. (Yes, I know that, that sounds like their stupid commercial, but what the heck, that pepperony pizza tasted better than sex, that day.)

Well...

The rest is history by now!

But regardless of if I win the books, or not, I have spieled the beans on my secret personal record.

Disclaimer!

All I can say now is that:

Yes, you can lose a lot of punds if you go on a hunger strike like I did, but you can also die, if you do something that stupid like I did.

Even if you don't die, you can still get into some serious heath problems later, with a diet like that.

I think that I was lucky (or unlucky) because I didn't die, or got any serious long lasting heath problems later, but I did get some temporary hemorrhoid problems after my hunger strike diet stunt. So don't anyone else go try this at home.

Btw Geno, just let me know when you need my PO. Box address, in order to send me my free won books.

Final note:
    If anyone beats my personal record post, and I don't win the two Geno's books, I will have no choice but to claim that I was drunk when I made this post, and all that I have typed here was just a big lie.

But, I really want to win those two books. (If Geno is willing to pay the shipping and handling, and any tax, too!)

Cheers to your honesty!

PS: I try and remember to use spell checker when I am posting with a good buzz on

Quote Originally Posted by IOWNIE
    Cheers to your honesty!

PS: I try and remember to use spell checker when I am posting with a good buzz on
    Thanks to IOWNIE, I tried to re-spell the cigarettes, pepperoni, and the pound's words, I also remove the second hard on word, but the 30 minutes limit went up, and I was not able to edit my post.

C'est la vie!

No, I am not proud of it...and it happens more often than I'd like:

Having over 100 tabs open at a time in Mozilla on a consistant basis. Sometimes I even use multiple instances of the browser and get around 150 or so going.

I hate bookmarks and probably would forget about them anyway, so I keep the tabs open for things I am interested in. I completely close it down about once a week and only reload about 40 or so.

Yes, I know you can save tab groups in Mozilla. Having many open is soooo much more fun. (Don't try this in IE7. Tabs are there, but if some reason IE7 freezes...guess what??? You lose all of your tabs. Mozilla has an auto-restore feature.)

My personal Mozilla tab record is 221 tabs.

The time has come for you to shake your shyness and lay aside your modesty.
    Ok, here is another record that won't be that easy to break in these times and age.

It has been almost forty years since the last time that I have left the gound, for any altitude higher than The Empire State Building 1,250 feet (381.0 m)

Yes, the last time that I was inside an airplane, was almost forty years ago.

:-(

The longest time I've spent in a bus (only stopping for bathroom-breaks) - 18 hours.

lostdeviant wrote: > "The longest time I've spent in a bus (only stopping for bathroom-breaks) - 18 hours." <

Is that all? I spent 24 hours straight (except for bathroom breaks & one 20-minute meal break at 3am) on a Greyhound bus in mid-1980 -- including a lengthy route segment where it was the "local" bus, bypassing the freeway and stopping in every little hamlet.

I don't have anything really dramatic or sexy or cool... but here are a couple of mine.

I used to race sailboats competitively. My highest seasonal finish was in 1988, when I finished second in the state.

I drove from Orlando to Houston in 17 hours.

I read a 784 page book in 12 hours - could have been faster if I hadn't taken a few breaks - but I wasn't trying to speed read, so it's probably not that impressive
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    lostdeviant wrote: > "The longest time I've spent in a bus (only stopping for bathroom-breaks) - 18 hours." <

Is that all? I spent 24 hours straight (except for bathroom breaks & one 20-minute meal break at 3am) on a Greyhound bus in mid-1980 -- including a lengthy route segment where it was the "local" bus, bypassing the freeway and stopping in every little hamlet.
    I actually spent 24 hours on a bus for that trip, but there was a 4 hour wait at a station for my transfer.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Keeping on the bus theme, my longest bus Trip, on one a single bus, no changes. Ulfborg in Denmark to Dehli India, all overland, and then back again as far as Tehran.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

15 years and counting
    On top of my regular business trips, I flew 50 times as a pax over the Atlantic in one single year. Mostly NY-London and MIA-Paris, on 3 airlines now defunct, TWA, Eastern & Pan Am. I paid as little as $49 and as much as $3,500 for the same flight in first.

22 years working for the same company ... come on Geno ... I need those books to help format my escape plans

I can certainly identify with those of you that spent hours on Greyhound buses. I still remember my trip from Charleston, SC to Tucson, AZ back in 1999. Spent close to 47 hours on the bus. Never will do it again, but can proudly say that I've seen most of the United States. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    On top of my regular business trips, I flew 50 times as a pax over the Atlantic in one single year. Mostly NY-London and MIA-Paris, on 3 airlines now defunct, TWA, Eastern & Pan Am. I paid as little as $49 and as much as $3,500 for the same flight in first.
    Wow. Come come you were paid as little as $49 for the 7+ hour flight over the Ocean?

Quote Originally Posted by Staril
    22 years working for the same company...
    Impressive.

Geno

OK, guess I should add another more personal one...

I changed front brake pads and rotors on a car in my driveway and had both sides done in 22 min. from start to finish. Can anyone say NASCAR??? Yes, I am a fan and no, I won't work on your car!

-sfcom

I worked a 12 hour shift every day for three years without a single day off when I was in the Army.

There were only 2 of us on post that did what I did and it was a 24 hour a day operation.

I worked from 7:00pm to 7:00am every night and the other guy worked the other 12 hour shift.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    I worked a 12 hour shift every day for three years without a single day off when I was in the Army.

There were only 2 of us on post that did what I did and it was a 24 hour a day operation.

I worked from 7:00pm to 7:00am every night and the other guy worked the other 12 hour shift.
    Thanks for your service to our great country, BurgerBoy. Without dedication and skill like yours the USA would be a lot worse off.

-sfcom

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I'm probably the only guy you'll ever meet that sold my Dell Stock at $4.50/share, does that count? When last I kept track, only a couple of years later, my investment would have been worth in excess of $160,000. So, anyone else made a worse stock deal than that???

-sigh-
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast