Todd,

Is the removal of commission rating in the Find Links Main permanent? We need to go deep to each merchant just to view the percentage of payout of each merchants just to view the commission rate which is such a pain...

There is also no commission indicated when you pull up the product links detail anymore.

This seems like a huge step backwards in functionality, and makes it more difficult to determine which links to use.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

ABW Ambassador
    Truely is a terrible step backwards. No more sort by commission level. Why the need to even say "sale" or "lead". Why not just put a little tick or something in there.

The commission level was an important decider. Very disappointed about not be able to quickly see the commission level for the merchants.

Tick

Heck,

Deactivated Advertisers is gone. I received an email today that one of my advertisers were deactivated. Now I cant even find out who it is!
    quote:
    The file you requested cannot be found.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Great! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

What on earth did they do at CJ yesterday? All this stuff missing and the site runs super slow. Sure hope tracking links to merchants are not running that slow. Has anyone tried them?

Affiliate Network Rep
    All,

Yesterday we gave advertisers the ability of offer multiple lead and/or sale programs. Advertisers now have a greater flexibility structuring commissions. As a result the commission structure can become much more complicated and should require a review of the terms before deciding which advertiser to use. Moreover, the details of the contract can be greater than what can be shown in the sale/lead cloumn.

Lets use an example. Travel advertiser TravelDude.com wants to offer a sale commission for sales, a lead commission for qualified signups, and a lead commission for referrals. Additionally, TravelDude.com doesn't like working with incentive sites so he wants another lead commission for a smaller amount that can be applied only to a certain population of publishers.

TravelDude.com wants the sale commission structured such that they pay 10% on sales. However, their profit margin is different on car rental, air fare, and hotels. Therefore, they can now elect to offer item based tracking on their sale commission. The choose to pay 10% on sales; however, car rentals should pay 8%, and hotel reservations will pay 5%. TravelDude.com now has a sale program that makes sense for their business. They can choose to offer this sale action to all publishers or only a selected group.

Their lead programs are simple, however, the lead programs also have a different value to TravleDude.com. Qualified signups are worth say $3. TravelDude.com now has a payable action on qualified leads. Next, TravelDude.com wants to pay only $1 on referrals. He can now pay this on this action. Finally, TravelDude.com can set up another lead program for hand chosen incentive publishers where he will pay these guys only 30 cents for some type of action.

TravelDude.com now has a fairly robust offering in the CJ network that makes sense for their business. Because the details can be lenghty and complicated, it is up to you the publisher to read the details and see if the offering is right for you. This is obviously too much to state in a small column of search results and requires that you read the details from the advertisers detail page.

You are not quite seeing the benefit just yet because advertisers have not migrated to the new structure. Soon, however, you should see more tailored programs coming your way. We believe that this level of sophistication is badly needed and will generate more competition and better payout structures.

Hope this helps you to understand our move.

Regards,
    David.

Affiliate Network Rep
    ps.
    Deactivated Advertisers lists have moved under the get links tab. Select "Get Links" then "Your Advertisers". The list for deactivated is there.

/member/offers/publisher/find_links/affil_acc_partners.jsp?as_status=deactivated

David.

Affiliate Network Rep
    pps.

We are working on the performance issue.

Thanks, David.

Now, what about the drop in sales and the slow CJ web site. Any comments you can shed on that?

Affiliate Network Rep
    7-Day,

The drop in sales can be directly attributed to Todd rolling over your tracking cable in his Herman Miller chair. (In other words, changes to the members area web servers have NO effect on tracking servers)

The performance issues are due to some rogue queries creating a heavy load and messing up our database pooling. We are working on it!!

David.

Fair enough.

Todd, get off of my cable! Ouch!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    We need to spring for some wireless technology for Todd, no doubt about it, lol.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Can I change my report to list transactions in date or transaction number sequence as a default? They are now being listed in link id sequence as default.

Affiliate Network Rep
    chinaski,

I'll check on that and see if it's a bug. If it's been changed, we will change it back.

David.

Not Todd again!

quote:
    The drop in sales can be directly attributed to Todd rolling over your tracking cable in his Herman Miller chair.

First we discover the power switch for the tracking servers is in his office, and he is constantly bumping into it, and now this!

Andy

I think Todd needs a new office... LOL! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Affiliate Network Rep
    The sort order problem with transaction reports is indeed a bug. We have logged this and will fix it ASAP.

thanks David

ABW Ambassador
    now i'am totally confess to choose products link. no sales rating and commission percentage make me difficult to compare

when merchant will fill it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

its like downgrade not upgrade

Has anyone looked at Product performance by advertiser reports recently? Many of my affiliate advertisers are missing. In fact, for one of my sites, none show up.

I reported this to cj, but no answer yet. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm pretty sure the bottom two reports on that drop-menu have been messed up for quite some time.
    I think they only show merchants that I was involved with when CJ introduced EPC et al. (around that time, anyway)

Tick

Todd, this may or may not be tough to accomplish but it would greatly benefit us to have the commission quantities back. You could make it so that when we search for links it would pull up our current payout rate and show us the adjusted ammounts. If there was no performance data then we would just see the base rate. Does that make sense and is it doable (even if it takes a while)?

The commission/offer rates will be brought back in a furture release. Because we now allow advertisers to have multiple sale and lead actions and/or product specific commissions, we need to change the UI to allow variable rates to be displayed correctly.

Stay tuned.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    Originally posted by David Elam, CJ.com:

TravelDude.com wants the sale commission structured such that they pay 10% on sales. However, their profit margin is different on car rental, air fare, and hotels. Therefore, they can now elect to offer item based tracking on their sale commission. The choose to pay 10% on sales; however, car rentals should pay 8%, and hotel reservations will pay 5%. TravelDude.com now has a sale program that makes sense for their business. They can choose to offer this sale action to all publishers or only a selected group.

David,

That is great news. This should allow merchants to pay commissions on wholesale orders as well, For example - a product sale pays 15% and case orders of the product pays 5%. I hope merchants that promote wholesale ordering on their sites take advantage of this option now and start paying commissions on wholesale orders.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

Hello,

Due to popular demand, the commission information has been added once again to the sale/lead search results columns. The changes we made to the commission structures did not warrant removing this information from search results. I encourage you though to read the details of the commission structures. More complicated commission settings are coming your way.

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread