Toll Free Numbers on Merchant Webs
    Hi all

I have a question regarding merchants' sites in Commission Junction - I realise that most of these merchants sites have a toll free number in which customers can call in. These numbers are quite prominently displayed either on the top of the main webpage or bottom of the main webpage. Some even have their numbers on ALL of their webpage.

That being said, do any one of you have an idea if customers can actually call these toll free numbers to order the products instead of ordering it on the web? The reason I'm asking this is because if customers are given the option to order through these toll free numbers, affiliates will lose out on the commission.

I'm an international affiliate by the way, so I do not quite know the purpose of these toll free numbers on the websites. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks so much!

Regards
    Jun Yuan Lim

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Hello Jun,

First of all, welcome to ABW. Second, as you are brand new, you probably have not done much research of old threads yet on the question you raise in your thread. It is a topic that has been talked about a great deal here in the past.

To help you out, you can start here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...g+phone+orders

Hope you enjoy your residency in the ABW neighborhood Jun and again welcome aboard.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Hi Alan

First and foremost, thanks so very much for your reply. Really appreciate it. And it certainly was great resource. I am still pretty new to the world of Internet Marketing - I really appreciate advice from gurus like you guys. I'm sure I'll learn alot from you.

I've read the resource you've given me - however, I've seen like - almost all merchants sites have a toll free / order number on their merchant page - not just for merchants on Commission Junction but also merchants in other affiliate networks like Performics, AffiliateFuture, etc.

From what I see from the resource you've given me (correct me if I'm wrong), it seems to me that some merchants are providing tracking (so affiliates will be credited for the sale from phone orders). However, for new affiliates to these networks like me, how would I be able to tell whether or not a particular merchant I'm promoting (which have a toll free / order number on their web page) actually have some tracking so that affiliate will be able to get the sale?

I'm still a bit loss here. Appreciate your help to guide me along here.

Thanks so much!

Regards
    Jun Yuan Lim

Welcome to ABW Jun,
    I can't tell you about CJ merchants but in SAS network you can view the information about the merchant's program before you sign up and they will mention phone tracking usually if it is a feature of their program. You can also visit the website of any SAS merchant before you sign up and look at the bottom of the page. If they have phone tracking there will usually be a "Promo Code: 22" or "Code: 22" showing at the bottom of the page. If you put up links for that merchant and then click through you will see your Affiliate ID where the 22 was.
    Up near the top of the forum page you will see a little "Search" link. To get fastest answers to your questions, using the search will get you the most information right away so you don't need to wait for someone to take the time to explain things that have been explained many times. Lots of information is available instantly using the search.

Hi 2Busy

Thanks for your information about SAS's affiliate tracking through phone orders. Appreciate it.

I have combed through the forums yesterday regarding this issue, and I did not manage to find anything related to tracking of phone orders for CJ, Performics and AffiliateFuture (these are the 3 networks I'm working on now). I realise that most of the merchants have no way to track which affiliate generated the lead and they could not credit affiliates with commissions for sales through phone orders.

As most of these merchants (I would say almost all of them), have a phone number either right smack on the top of their webpages or at the bottom, or some even specifically say they can order through phone, I am at a loss to find out whether or not these merchants actually have tracking system in place so as to pay affiliates accordingly.

Any of you guys here working on CJ, Performics or AffiliateFuture have more information about this and would like to share with me?

Thanks so much!

Regards
    Jun Yuan Lim

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread