Hello everyone. I need help to settle a problem. I just typed in my own domain URL to check to make sure my site is active...when I found someone else using it! Would it be permissible to the board if I can list my URL, just for someone to go there also, just to see if the same thing is happening when they enter the site? The address bar on the browser shows my domain URL: [Problem solved, domain edited] but the title bar shows something different every time I go to the site. The page that pops up is identical every time...except the links and title change each time. When I check the links...most of them go to a "Duper" site called "Planet Coupon".

How would I go about finding out who's behind this? I have sent my hosting service webmaster an e-mail about it...but I don't know when he will respond. Anyone else getting this when they enter the site?

P.S.- The page titles change from "discount New York hotels" to "distance education schools".

Carpe Noctem (Seize the Night)

[This message was edited by Haiko on June 01, 2003 at 02:58 AM.]

My first thought was that perhaps you may have some hyped-up xupiter-type monster on your machine that may be hijacking the browser and making things appear differently only on your machine (and others who have hypothetical program installed)

But then again, maybe not. I get "cannot find server" when I try to access your site.

On my PC I get:

"This page cannot be displayed" with IE.

And "xxxxxxxxxxxx.com could not be found" with Netscape.

-- Mike

[domain edited as issue was resolved]

[This message was edited by Ms. BLFH on June 01, 2003 at 09:39 AM.]

Now I am getting the "page cannot be found" message. This is getting me madder by the minute. My site was active yesterday, today I get everybodies' page but my own...and now, after I fuss at the host webmaster about it...suddenly there isn't ANY website to be found at my domain. I don't know what to do if they can't get it fixed...but I will sure try to do something!!! I thank everyone for helping me out on this...I'm liable to be back asking for advice on the next step if this isn't resolved- or if my "cybersquatters" come back.

Dragon Dame;
    If you do a whois search it shows that the domain has been locked by the registrar.
    www.domainsite.com
    Looks like you need to contact them.

I just received an e-mail from the webmaster. He said it was a nameserver problem, and that he fixed it. The only problem is that now it will take 24 to 48 hours to be back on line. Oh well, at least I have my domain back. Again...thank you all for your help.

I got a 404 also

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread