ABW Ambassador
    I have noted repeated violations of identity disclosure by merchants posting here. While the powers that be are quick to issue PUBLIC ban warnings to users for matters that are not even addressed in the Rules, merchants are repeatedly allowed to violate the rules with no recourse.

Earlier this year, a merchant gave my name in a post here. Today, a merchant has posted a user's email address which he clearly didn't want posted because he removed it from a message that he included in his post.

Why aren't merchants bound by the same rules that non-merchants are bound by, especially when it comes to identity matters which the rules state result in an immediate ban?

So your saying I should immediately ban a merchant because they inadvertantly post a name or an addy? (which we have edited out in minutes)

HMMMM!!!!! ..... the entire reason for ABW is to foster open communications with affiliates / networks and merchants, lets not forget that.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    HMMMM!!!!! ..... the entire reason for ABW is to foster open communications with affiliates / networks and merchants, lets not forget that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is something that I've worried about before, too. If somebody accidentally posts some of our info on the boards, who can we contact to have it deleted immediately? Besides yourself, of course.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Before flaming starts.
    It was I who reported my e mail revealed in public. I almost made some real lame ass remarks about it in my reply to them. I had to go back and edit because for some reason I had also put in the merchants e mail which I don't know if I should have done.(can you please edit that one too)
    Sometimes maybe all the coffee doesn't kick in and some things do slide through. Yes they need to be reminded, but sometimes affiliates(me) can also get sloppy in posting. For others who aren't aware, we do ask no public info be given out if possible
    Thanks

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    @ emdub <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This is something that I've worried about before, too. If somebody accidentally posts some of our info on the boards, who can we contact to have it deleted immediately? Besides yourself, of course. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There is a yellow triangle with exclamation mark in bottom of posting area. This will allow you to alert moderators, - and give reasons- for why a post should be fixed.
    I have used it about 3 times ever in here and it is always looked at promptly from my experiences.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    So your saying I should immediately ban a merchant because they inadvertantly post a name or an addy? (which we have edited out in minutes)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Not even suggesting that. And in each case I've noted, this identifying info. has not been edited out.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>HMMMM!!!!! ..... the entire reason for ABW is to foster open communications with affiliates / networks and merchants, lets not forget that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The inaction as a result of these rules violations suggests that ABW condones this behavior from merchants. That's what I'm trying to get clarified. Could you please respond as to why merchants are allowed to post user identifying info. but non-merchants are not?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> who can we contact to have it deleted immediately? Besides yourself, of course. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You can contact any of us moderators. That's what we are here for. You can also contact the poster. I watch abw many hours out of the day and if you make a post with my name as the subject I'm going to see it. I'm sure most of the other moderators would do the same.

BFT,

We do not condone merchants posting user identifying info, please PM me links to the post(s) that contain such and I will edit it.

</font></p>

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    What Haiko, WW, and Heyder said. Also BFT, ask the couple of merchants who have inadvertanly posted info about me if they feel they got preferental treatment.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

please PM me links to the post(s) that contain such and I will edit it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing received yet, please forward!

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    No need in rehashing buried topics. That's why I didn't respond to you, although I will note that after asking you to remove the lies that Mike Zaya posted about me at http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=3586068102 you took no action.

Shortly thereafter, Mike Zaya of 123Inkjets showed everyone what a liar he was when he re-established his relationship with Ebates and informed you that he no longer had the time to participate here. Just one more lie of his.

My purpose in starting this topic was to get the ABW rules clarified.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BiddingForTravel.com:
    No need in rehashing buried topics.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buried? You posted May 28, 2003 @ 04:10 PM and screamed a multitude of violations on our behalf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My purpose in starting this topic was to get the ABW rules clarified.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why post a topic named ...Merchants Violating ABW Posting Rules?????????

and then you post ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The inaction as a result of these rules violations suggests that ABW condones this behavior from merchants. That's what I'm trying to get clarified. Could you please respond as to why merchants are allowed to post user identifying info. but non-merchants are not?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with Mr Zaya or any of his (parasite loving POS [Point of sale] ) companies!

Contained Success,

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    The buried topics I'm referring to are those that contained the violations I originally referred to, not this topic.

Again, I have no interest in rehashing those and as I said, my purpose in posting this was to get the rule clarified.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The inaction as a result of these rules violations suggests that ABW condones this behavior from merchants. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, then let me clarify it for you.
    STOP impugning Haiko's integrity!!! He doesn't deserve that kind of a slap in the face. What would you have him do? Ban everyone who slips up?

I am sure no one gets excluded from following the rules. But, offenders do and should get reminded of them and asked to stop before they are penalized. Many resources are available if you feel an offense has occurred.

I think that implying that merchants get special treatment is both untrue and uncalled for.

If you know a post that is in violation, just say which one and if you are correct, it will be fixed.

I don't agree with or support everything Haiko says or does. But really, I think this is unfair.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Well said SSanf and thank-you for the post.

In case some are still unclear. It is a violation to post identifying information of another affiliate if they have not made the information public themselves (some members openly post their names, url's, etc).

How a violation is handled depends on the circumstances of the violation (ie unintentional slip, repeated offenses, obvious malicous posting to cause harm to another member).

If you see a post that is of concern you can submit a warn admin or contact any moderator through the private topic feature. Although Haiko and the Mods make every attempt to monitor postings as closely as possible, there are literally 1000's and 1000's of posts made each month, so we may not see something immediately. If you don't see any action immediately, it's most likely due to the fact that the person you contacted is not at their computer (we do have to eat and sleep occassionally). In those situations, please contact a different Mod or a Mod you see is currently logged onto the boards.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Again, I have no interest in rehashing those and as I said, my purpose in posting this was to get the rule clarified. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If that's the case, I would have posted with a topic of:

Need ABW Rules Clarification
    Is It OK for ABW Merchants to Reveal Identities of Publishers?

...or something along those lines. It would have actually probably been best to just E-mail a Moderator offline with the posts you had issues with. If information about you had been published without your consent, they could have edited the posts without all the fuss.

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I sure hope I'm not an offender. Would the posters and moderators please carefully go over my 5800 posts and remove any personally identifyable information. I thought I was careful to just generalize the subject of my rant with generic terms like ...wank -scumbag -B-a-HO -stupid idiot -Ad Whore and the new one Masterbaiter. No offense intended as Charlie made me do it.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread