Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71
  1. #1
    Affiliate Manager Textbooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    92
    Big Bash At Affiliate Summit West 2008
    Last year they had a big bash at the Winn. I guess nobody is throwing a public one this year. Oh well...If anyone wants to invite me to a private party...I promise to make a fool of myself!

  2. #2
    Online Marketing Consultant
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2006
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Textbooks
    I promise to make a fool of myself!

    Be careful what you promise...........;-)http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ghlight=tattoo
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

  3. #3
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    Being A fool Ain't Cool In School....
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    Be careful what you promise...........;-)http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ghlight=tattoo

    Man I hear ya there buddy.

    I'm gonna pretty much stay out of sight my self....

    Any news on how many are supposed to attend ?

    Steve

  4. #4
    Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,157
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Any news on how many are supposed to attend ?
    We're expecting around 2,500.

    As far as a big party, there are some companies trying to put one together.

    We're just waiting on the details.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

  5. #5
    Affiliate Manager Textbooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    92
    A Good Memory
    I like people to remember for for being fun. Not stupid.
    I wish those guys good luck.

    Hope we find someone to throw a bash, it was fun last year.

  6. #6
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    @textbooks, get your company to sponsor one
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  7. #7
    Affiliate Manager Textbooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    92
    I wish we had money like that!

  8. #8
    Affiliate Manager Matthew Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    Be careful what you promise...........;-)http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ghlight=tattoo

    For the record, those guys were out of control, I set down with the AClens crew and had the opportunity to see those guys make complete asses of themselves. Those are the kinds of shenanigans that could have an old Kentucky boy handing out etiquette lessons.

    As for you Jeff, Party or no party you and I are going to tear it up once the sun goes down.

  9. #9
    Affiliate Manager Textbooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    92
    Jeff? Who is Jeff!
    I am Textbooks!

  10. #10
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    Textbooks, I had you confused with a merchant.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  11. #11
    Affiliate Manager Textbooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    92
    I use to be. I moved to the affiliate side this past summer. Now I run an affiliate website.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2008
    Posts
    74
    Since I'm new here and Don't know any Better...
    I Just Reserved a table (Hopefully the Pope's Table) at Buca Di Beppo, for Sunday night. This place is 4 blocks away from the RIO. It is Italian food Family style.(perfect for networking).

    I have eaten at two Buca's (chain) including this one, earlier this year.

    My avatar was taken in this place, at the kitchen table.

    http://bucadibeppo.com/locations/loc...?location=2801

    I'm looking for 1st timers just to offer a warm welcome to newbies, but will open it up if I can fill the table of 12.



    LMK

  13. #13
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Location
    Colorado / Florida
    Posts
    4,411
    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnAve
    I Just Reserved a table (Hopefully the Pope's Table) at Buca Di Beppo, for Sunday night. This place is 4 blocks away from the RIO. It is Italian food Family style.(perfect for networking).

    I have eaten at two Buca's (chain) including this one, earlier this year.

    My avatar was taken in this place, at the kitchen table.

    http://bucadibeppo.com/locations/loc...?location=2801

    I'm looking for 1st timers just to offer a warm welcome to newbies, but will open it up if I can fill the table of 12. LMK
    Do they have take out??

    BTW, welcome to the hideout LMK. Good to have you with us and that is a very nice gesture you made. Hope you meet lots of folks while you are there.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2008
    Posts
    74
    Yes they DO have take out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Do they have take out??

    BTW, welcome to the hideout LMK. Good to have you with us and that is a very nice gesture you made. Hope you meet lots of folks while you are there.
    The dishes are BIG. You usually order too much food, I think that is their business model.

  15. #15
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    Lincoln Ave Party....
    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnAve
    The dishes are BIG. You usually order too much food, I think that is their business model.
    LincolnAve.

    I got you supper invitation and I accept. I hope others will join us as well.


    Thank you for the kind gesture !

    BTW: I now see after I sent you a few messages, that you only have 3 posts. Do you know if you can recieve PM's ?

    Thank you.

    Steve

  16. #16
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    This is the same night as the SAS Under The Stars party (7pm - Midnight) and the Meet Market (Noon - 6pm).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  17. #17
    Affiliate Manager Julia_Shoeboxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2008
    Location
    Downtown Durham, North Carolina
    Posts
    76
    Ok this is really embarassing, but since Im not 21 are there any official or unofficial networking events / parties i'll be able to get into at Affiliate Summit? Since Im the affiliate manager here, I obviously want to go!!!!

    Sometimes I wish I still lived in Berlin

    Julia

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2008
    Posts
    74
    More Info 'bout SAS under the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    This is the same night as the SAS Under The Stars party (7pm - Midnight) and the Meet Market (Noon - 6pm).

    I have gotten no info on that.

    Clueless.

    A sign of a true newbie!

  19. #19
    The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Small Town in Tennessee
    Posts
    5,226
    Julia,

    You should double-check. The summit site says

    MUST BE 21 TO ATTEND:
    No one under the age of 21, including children in strollers accompanying their parents, will be admitted. No refunds will be provided to underage registrants.

    http://affiliatesummit.com/08w_conference.php

  20. #20
    ABW Ambassador flamingoworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,208
    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnAve
    I have gotten no info on that.

    Clueless.

    A sign of a true newbie!
    It is listed on the Summit Site under the Agenda.
    http://www.affiliatesummit.com/08w_agenda.php

  21. #21
    Affiliate Manager Julia_Shoeboxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2008
    Location
    Downtown Durham, North Carolina
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Julia,

    You should double-check. The summit site says

    MUST BE 21 TO ATTEND:
    No one under the age of 21, including children in strollers accompanying their parents, will be admitted. No refunds will be provided to underage registrants.

    http://affiliatesummit.com/08w_conference.php
    Hey Billy,

    I saw that info, and that is why I was asking. There is conflicting information at that url. Above those lines you quoted, the official A.S. West 2008 site says:

    "Business card and photo id required for admission. No one under 18 admitted, including infants and toddlers. "

    I realize I probably couldnt legally attend events in the casino or with an open bar, but I was asking more if there are informal things outside of the "official" convention that I could get in to if I bought a summit pass (like the SaS party) or if everything there is strictly part of the 21 and over agenda.

    Oh well, probably not and will have to send someone else... darnit... Hopefully will meet you all sometime though, maybe by A.S. East I'll be of age?

    Julia

  22. #22
    ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2006
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia_Shoeboxed
    Hey Billy,

    I saw that info, and that is why I was asking. There is conflicting information at that url. Above those lines you quoted, the official A.S. West 2008 site says:

    "Business card and photo id required for admission. No one under 18 admitted, including infants and toddlers. "

    I realize I probably couldnt legally attend events in the casino or with an open bar, but I was asking more if there are informal things outside of the "official" convention that I could get in to if I bought a summit pass (like the SaS party) or if everything there is strictly part of the 21 and over agenda.

    Oh well, probably not and will have to send someone else... darnit... Hopefully will meet you all sometime though, maybe by A.S. East I'll be of age?

    Julia
    Hey Julia,

    Yes, attendees of Affiliate Summit, must be 21 years of age. It stinks, I know, but it has to do with our Liability Insurance and the Rio Terms and Conditions. We have to follow the regulations in order to be compliant.

    I'll go through the site and take a look for the statement that you're referring to and make the modification there as well.

    Hope to meet you one day

    -Missy
    Shine on,


    Missy Ward

    Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2008
    Posts
    74
    You gotta eat...
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    This is the same night as the SAS Under The Stars party (7pm - Midnight) and the Meet Market (Noon - 6pm).

    I spoke with Share a Sale and they told me you should eat before you go to the party, since they will not be serving dinner. Even if one does get an invitation you are going to want to eat, before the party.

  24. #24
    Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    1,305
    Good advice - I don't remember a lot of appies floating around at the South Beach fiesta. The scale of the event was a little too big for that.

    Brian throws a great party and if you can get an invite, I recommend it.

  25. #25
    Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,157
    Just announced… details on the big Monday party during Affiliate Summit 2008 West.

    Join WebmasterRadio.FM for an evening event open to all conference attendees at Affiliate Summit with an exclusive performance by Blue Man Group to celebrate the launch of the new Blue Man Group Affiliate Program.

    With fantastic food, premium open bar, and one of the most dynamic networking opportunities at Affiliate Summit * this is one conference event you simply cannot afford to miss.

    Doors open at 8pm with food and a Premium Open Bar and the party doesn’t end until the last guest leaves.

    Platinum Sponsors
    ----------------
    Blue Man Group
    Rocket Profit
    Pepperjam

    Gold Sponsor
    ----------------
    Forge

    Silver Sponsors
    ----------------
    Moniker
    Foreclosure.com
    PartnerFusion
    Jamster
    Madison Park Group
    AWMSO
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Affiliate Summit 2008 West Un-Keynote
    By Shawn Collins in forum Events and Gatherings
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2008, 03:01 AM
  2. Affiliate Summit 2008 West Pictures Are In!
    By AffiliateSummitMissy in forum Events and Gatherings
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: March 20th, 2008, 04:29 AM
  3. Who is coming to Affiliate Summit 2008 West?
    By Shawn Collins in forum Events and Gatherings
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: February 25th, 2008, 10:28 AM
  4. Affiliate Summit 2008 West program
    By Shawn Collins in forum Events and Gatherings
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: February 19th, 2008, 04:59 PM
  5. SMX West for 50% Off to Affiliate Summit West 2008 Attendees
    By Shawn Collins in forum Events and Gatherings
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 29th, 2007, 09:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •