this may be a dumb question

i've got a few 100-ish pages sites that make some money, i reckon i make average $3-$5 per page per month

i've seen some datafeeds that would fit well with one or two of the sites, but adding the feeds and keeping them up to date would be work.

what i'm wondering is if i'm making $3-$5 a page from my hand made web pages what might i expect to add per page from product pages i create from a feed .. a few cents a page? more / less?

of course i've got to try it, just wondering if i'm wasting my time

Data feed is a way to make an extra contentent. You could test is it worth to do that or not.

Oskars

Rosalind Gardner earned $436,797 in 2002 by promoting only affiliate programs. She reveals ALL her secrets step by step in her Super Affiliate Handbook (267 pages) www.renio.biz/rosalind/

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>what might i expect to add per page from product pages i create from a feed .. a few cents a page? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just like with non-feed pages, there are too many variables for a solid figure. Across my own sites, results have varied widely! There are cases where putting on a feed was just what was needed to make a former dud wake up and start selling--and there are other cases where it was a waste of time. And there are many that are in between the extremes.

Like any pages, the success of a feed-driven section or site depends on things like the merchant, the product, SE ranks, competition, etc...

As for the updating, it's amazing how many merchants don't update their feeds. The amount of w*rk needed to keep things updated varies WIDELY! Some change their stuff every few days, but there's others who literally haven't updated their feed since Dec. 2002!!! You get to know which is which, and plan accordingly.

The best schedule isn't too much or too little. Updating too often is a PITA, but too few updates equals a lot of out-of-stock stuff being in the feed.

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    Haven't used data feeds yet - Don't really know how, and don't care to learn just yet . I'm sure I could learn quick enough if and when I'm ready though.

The reason why I haven't even bothered to try YET is because it seems like the product descriptions I have come across on other datafeed sites for most merchants are rather weak for keyword density, and they would probably have to be worked on anyway . Also , they seem to contain lots of obscure and unrelated products on the pages .

To me, it seems just as easy to build 3 pages by hand that are truly relevant to a searcher and rank well for just a handfull of keywords per page, as opposed to mass-producing hundreds of pages, with the sheer volume of pages being the only factor of producing probably the same amount of sales ?

I could be wrong and missing out on something here , because I've never even tried , but from what I've seen it "appears" to me that 100 rush-job data feed pages may just equal 1 painstakingly hand made, and carefully edited affiliate page as far as producing sales .

I'm sure many of you will disagree, but I guess I'm just used to keeping things simple .
    The more "advanced" things get, it just seems to open more room for error than it does any good .

ABW Ambassador
    Datafeeds wont make you lots of money. It is only in the hands of a skilled webmaster that they become assets.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Datafeeds wont make you lots of money. It is only in the hands of a skilled webmaster that they become assets.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 100% with this comment!

It's a pita with me, but I am learning it and it's very challenging!

I also agree with Lisa, that is my job and I love creating direct links and just leave it there and I don't have to worry about it for a while and just check if the links are working once in a while!

Hubby takes care of the datafeeds! He is the Guru on our Family.

I think working on your site all the time to spice it up for the user to keep them coming back is the key, hand work or datafeed!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? &lt;b&gt;Crooks Overwriting Commissions.&lt;/b&gt;
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread