Anyone with Blue host?
    Hi Everyone,
    I am by no means an expert at web design, really quite a novice, but to date I have had 5 different web sites, that I designed and did myself. I just signed up to have my hosting through blue host, (thought they offered lots) and am running into mega problems, it's got to be the most complicated, and hardest c-panel to ever navigate. Am I missing the boat here, or am I just being an idiot. Any tips, tricks or help would be appreciated, or should I just dump the whole thing, and try to get my money back, and move to another hosting company.

Thanks,
    Sharon

Wink
    I had the same problems at BH and moved all of my sites here. http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml

I got the baby plan and haven't had any more problems since I moved to HostGator.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I haven't personally tried BlueHost but have heard some "stories" about them.

I actually have hosting accounts with three different companies - so I don't have all my "eggs in one basket." I concur with BurgerBoy that HostGator is good. I used to have a shared account with them and last fall upgraded to a VPS. No complaints or problems and no detected downtime.

Your time and frustration is not worth the few dollars you may lose by switching before you get "too" involved with one host.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

thanks
    Wow, what a quick response, thank's I'm glad to know it's just not me!
    And you're right, I've spent more time trying to figure it all out, than it's worth, normally, I would have had my site up and running by now. So I paid for the whole year, off to see about a refund.
    Sharon

I just moved another site to Bluehost, I am pleased with their services. My site was moved in and 100% operative within 6 hours. When I need assistance they have fast help by phone and resolve issues quickly in my experience.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I use Bluehost. I don't really find the control panel to be difficult to use. I find it to be about as equally difficult to use as Cpanel.

The only problem I see is their low CPU use limit, but even then they only suspend you for a few minutes.

I thought about switching to hostgator, but when I talked to their chat support, I was told that if my account reached their CPU limit, my account would be suspended permanently!

Needless to say I decided to stay with BH until I'm ready for a dedicated server.

I've used BH for the past several years without any probs.

Switched over from ipowerweb and haven't regretted it.

I run all kind of CPU consuming scripts at HG and I never had the server time out and have never had my accounts canceled.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

i have a client running on bluehost and i think the control panel is a version of cpanel but i could be wrong...no complaints here

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    Needless to say I decided to stay with BH until I'm ready for a dedicated server.
    You might already know this, but you can use a VPS as an intermediate step between shared hosting and a dedicated server. With the right VPS provider (not all do this), you can rest assured that you will not have a problem being shut down for using "too much" CPU with your busy affiliate scripts.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

I have used BH for 2 years now without any major problems. Their customer service has been quick to reply to any questions I have.

The only real problem I have is accessing my webmail for which they tell me my browser must be blocking the ports. I have no idea.

I never used BH but I hear stories about them.

Now Yahoo! Small Business is providing unlimited space/bandwidth and email storage with 1,000 email A/Cs.

My site was down due to their server issues which I found out the hard way when I woke up and tried to work on it.

Contacted them and I thought that their CS was top of the line, yeah right.

Me: SUBJECT: Is my server down?
    CONNECTED:
    Hi, How long was my site down for? www. xyz. com

Blue Host Chat Agent:
    I apologies your server currently has our admins investigating a issue and will resolve the issue soon the current estimated time is 30-35 minutes.

Sorry again for the inconvenience

Thank you for contacting our Live Chat. If you have additional questions, many answers can be found through our Knowledgebase. If you have other issues arise please let us know. Remember our World Class Support is just a click away!

Have a Great day! Kon.

DISCONNECT
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread