Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Millionaire Affiliate - Jeremy Palmer's High Performance ebook is now a FREE Download
    And an amazing WEALTH of information at that - even for a seasoned affiliate.

Those that don't know - Jeremy Palmer has been featured on CJ.com and has several affiliate awards. He's also a bonafide affiliate millionaire.

He's currently developing a new website design.

[REMOVED]
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 30th, 2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: removed "email me for more information" portion

15 years and counting
    Why do you think he is giving away for free "a WEALTH of information" ?
    Don't spread news like that, a newbie is not going to become a "Super Affiliate" by following old tricks. Jeremy is just trying to survive. We don't need an other "Who Is ... I can teach you" thread. If you want to make it as an affiliate, find something NEW. Be Innovative!
    Do you really think a real super affiliate is going to reveal where he's making his money, right now? I can write an ebook on what was working for me in the past but what will be the value for you.

Common sense should tell you that it is not "valuable" if it is being given away "free." Nobody in their right mind would set out to increase their competition.

As Zeus indicated he could write a book...I, too, could write a book describing exactly what I have done to build my business - which is based on SEO and will attract over 5 million unique visitors this year. But that would not help anyone at all because I have been building this business for nearly 11 years.

Hmmmmm...but if I do write that book and price it as a $399.95 value, then put a sale price of $39.99, and a SPECIAL TODAY price of $19.99...I wonder how many gullible buyers...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Sorry, but I'll save you guys a step. The book is on his website at quityourdayjob.com/hpam2007 just click on download.
    Last edited by ProWebAddict; January 30th, 2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: How Do I make a link not clickable??

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Hmmmmm...but if I do write that book and price it as a $399.95 value, then put a sale price of $39.99, and a SPECIAL TODAY price of $19.99...I wonder how many gullible buyers...
    Wow, what a great deal! I'm in for $19.99!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm really surprised that anyone, in any business, still falls for the "get rich quick" scheme.

These people got rich quick by reeling in noobs who bought their spiel and then bought their book for some outrageous price. The book itself was cobbled together from previous GRQ books that the owner cribbed, which were themselves cribbed from existing GRQ books.

Howzabout we all "get REAL quick" for a change?

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    for fun... well actually I'm bored waiting for a datafeed to upload, I downloaded the e-book to see how bad it would be. I have only read the first few pages, but there are some "recommended" product links that once clicked are redirected to affiliate links, so it isn't really free. It is just content-based marketing in e-book form.

It isn't full of you'll make tons of money right away comments (at least not in the first part). It actually says you have to make an effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Common sense should tell you that it is not "valuable" if it is being given away "free."
    I don't think that's necessarily true. There are plenty of "free" things that could be sold for a decent price, if the developers/vendors chose to charge something for them. So you can't automatically dismiss something just because it's free. And conversely, there are plenty of books that aren't worth even the ink they were printed with.

IMO, Jeremy's ebook is actually a decent resource for newbies to get started. There's no "Get Rich Quick" tone within the book, although some of the claims at the start are pretty silly -- like "This e-book will show you everything you need to know about making money online as an affiliate."... Ha!.

If someone asked me how to get started in affiliate marketing, this book is probably where I'd tell them to begin. If there was a good printed book about AM, that would be my preference but I've not seen any that qualify. And I know people will say to just point them towards ABW, but the problem with that is that the bits of valuable information here are scattered among lots of chatter and personal conversations.

I understand where Beachy's coming from - the old adage "you get what you pay for" comes to mind - but I agree with ghoti here... there are lots of things that have tremendous value that are free, most notably (for me, anyway) in the area of software. Firefox, OpenOffice and Adium: three valuable programs that I use daily.

However - in the realm of affiliate eBooks (or any "you can make easy money" eBook), I do have to agree with the sentiment that you get what you pay for. Most eBooks in this genre aren't worth the ones and zeros they're made of; not the ones I've seen, anyway.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Beachy wrote: > "If I do write that book and price it as a $399.95 value, then put a sale price of $39.99, and a SPECIAL TODAY price of $19.99...I wonder how many gullible buyers..." <

Someone replied: > "Wow, what a great deal! I'm in for $19.99!" <

Beachy, I could never take advantage of you by paying such a low price for your spectacular advice -- put me down for $99.99.

And yes, there is a lot of very useful free advice out there (including, of course, both the immense resources here on ABestWeb and the affiliate-marketing advice for merchants on my own web site). Of course, sorting through all the garbage on the internet can be difficult for some folks, who may benefit from buying a quality resource -- but then it's also quite difficult to sort through all the crappy e-book offers to find one that is worthwhile.

ABW Ambassador
    I just skimmed thru it and it's pretty good, not a get rich quick online ebook. Normally I dislike ebooks but this one and the SEOMOZ one, are the few that I usually hear good things about.

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    You know what they say... "one man's ceiling is another man's floor". The information could be quite useful to some people and old news to others. It's up to them.

I appreciate the fact that GoColts made us aware of it. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick - SiteSell
    You know what they say... "one man's ceiling is another man's floor". The information could be quite useful to some people and old news to others. It's up to them.

I appreciate the fact that GoColts made us aware of it. Thank you!

Your welcome Rick.

And for the record - the ebook isn't your ordinary sales page ebook. That's not Jeremy's style. He maintains a professional appearance on the web and all you have to do is Google his name to back that up.

It was a BLESSING to me which is why I shared the info with you all! When I was going to buy it for $50 - he ended up taking it off the market to work on his new community forum project and other products - and I was upset because it had high reccomendations.

Incidentally - he also had a full page ad and a big (editorial) article about him and his success with CJ in one of Lisa's Revenue magazines.

He's the real deal and a role model for all newbies into affiliate marketing.

If you happen to come across this - THANKS JEREMY!

15 years and counting
    Why do you need Jeremy if you're earning $997+ Per Day?
    Do you really think you're going to teach me how to make $3000 a day?
    Well, maybe you need to look at (and understand) Jeremy ebook. I don't like him to fool newbies but his strategy is not as bad as your site.
    Affiliate marketing can't be that bad.
    Just look at his profile and you're about to create Massive Wealth.

ABW Ambassador
    Zeus, why are you upset? Download it and check it out, it's free. I doubt you would find much you would disagree with it once you do.

15 years and counting
    FIRST, I bought the ebook a long time ago. YES, I know what I'm talking about.

The problem is what you're seeing here. New ABW members fooled by get rich quick scam and spreading misleading information on the web.
    Check GoColds website and tell me this is affiliate marketing.

ABW Ambassador
    I was talking about Jeremy's ebook, which has a lot of great information, wasn't talking about the site in GoColts profile. But having checked it, don't think much about stuff like that. But that isn't what this thread is talking about.

"rich quick scam and spreading misleading information"

Which isn't talking about the ebook right? You're referring to the site in GoColts profile which looks like junk to me, get rich quick type stuff.
    Last edited by Trust; January 30th, 2008 at 07:35 PM.

15 years and counting
    Are you sure?
    As soon as an ebook like that is released you have better to find new strategies to survive in affiliate marketing because thousand are going to try the same methods. There's no room for thousand of affiliates doing the same thing, the same way.
    People reading such ebook with no experience will follow the same blueprint and waste their time. It's already too late.
    Then, I don't like this kind of marketing. It's misleading.
    It pushes people like GoColds to go crazy. Now, he thinks he can sell his stuff like hot cakes. Jeremy did it.
    Let us talk again next year, to see how many Jeremy followers are in our Millionnaire Club.

To be clear, no I was not speaking about Jeremy ebook as misleading, but GoCold get rich quick type stuff.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I was talking about Jeremy's ebook, which has a lot of great information, wasn't talking about the site in GoColts profile. But having checked it, don't think much about stuff like that. But that isn't what this thread is talking about.

"rich quick scam and spreading misleading information"

Which isn't talking about the ebook right? You're referring to the site in GoColts profile which looks like junk to me, get rich quick type stuff.
    What's in the profile site is MLM, which ain't hardly affiliate marketing.

Frankly, what really bothered me was the invite in the first post to email for info, which is not what I'd call "best practices."

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Are you sure?
    As soon as an ebook like that is released you have better to find new strategies to survive in affiliate marketing because thousand are going to try the same methods. There's no room for thousand of affiliates doing the same thing, the same way.
    People reading such ebook with no experience will follow the same blueprint and waste their time. It's already too late.
    Then, I don't like this kind of marketing. It's misleading.
    It pushes people like GoColds to go crazy. Now, he thinks he can sell his stuff like hot cakes. Jeremy did it.
    Let us talk again next year, to see how many Jeremy followers are in our Millionnaire Club.
    What are you even talking about? Get to some specifics. It's 148 ebook pages talking about all kinds of stuff. Good and useful information from what I can see.

"What's in the profile site is MLM, which ain't hardly affiliate marketing."

I agree, it looks like garbage to me. The site in his profile is not what this thread is about, the title of the thread gives that away.

"Frankly, what really bothered me was the invite in the first post to email for info, which is not what I'd call "best practices."

Didn't see that, I checked out the url posted later and I just hit download. That was it.

Oh wait, it was GoGolts that wanted people to email him? Well if that's what it was, yeah not a good move.
    Last edited by Trust; January 30th, 2008 at 07:53 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    The site in his profile is not what this thread is about, the title of the thread gives that away.
    Agreed, but the tactic used in the first post is exactly what the tactic in the profile site is about.

Typical squeeze page routine, put out bait to get something by responding with your email address. Why not just put in a link to the source of the "free resource?" IMHO requiring an email disclosure for the information makes the thing not free at all - something is being given in exchange to the party making this "offer" (which is not Jeremy Palmer's doing). Typical MLM methodology.

Added:

Sorry Trust, I hit enter after the previous post, so didn't see it.

Oh wait, it was GoGolts that wanted people to email him?
    Exactly!

Let's separate GoColt's profile homepage from Jeremy's ebook...they two are very different. I have no idea why GoColts included "email me for more information" in his post; that is also orthogonal from the book itself.

The ebook describes the principles of affiliate marketing, which can certainly be applied by thousands more people before the market nears saturation. Nobody's going to become a gazillionaire just because of the ebook, but it at least steers them in the right direction instead of towards the sleazy sales pages for garbage info products that are far too common.

BTW, for those that are wondering, the book is at quityourdayjob.com/hpam2007 . You don't have to sign up for the free updates...just go ahead and click the download link there.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Agreed, but the tactic used in the first post is exactly what the tactic in the profile site is about.

Typical squeeze page routine, put out bait to get something by responding with your email address. Why not just put in a link to the source of the "free resource?" IMHO requiring an email disclosure for the information makes the thing not free at all - something is being given in exchange to the party making this "offer" (which is not Jeremy Palmer's doing). Typical MLM methodology.

Added:

Sorry Trust, I hit enter after the previous post, so didn't see it.

Exactly!
    Alright gotcha, added more to my last post.

My responses are to the ebook itself. Which looks like some good information to me, could be helpful to those starting out and even to those who might have been doing this for awhile, might find a few tips in there.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti
    Let's separate GoColt's profile homepage from Jeremy's ebook...they two are very different.
    They cannot be separated, because the OP put himself right smack in the middle of it as a middle-man using MLM tactics.

We're supposed to "discern truth from error", and deceptive manipulation isn't up front truthfuless in anyone's book.

Added after reading prior post:
    My responses are to the ebook itself. Which looks like some good information to me, could be helpful to those starting out and even to those who might have been doing this for awhile, might find a few tips in there.
    100% agree, every little nugget has value, and at free the price sure is right.

ABW Ambassador
    ? The ebook, which ProWebAddict posted earlier - quityourdayjob.com/hpam2007

It's good. It's free. I actually looked thru it.

The site in GoColts profile is junk. The tactic he used, I disagree with. Has nothing to do with the information in the ebook.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast