Unhappy Fellow Hoosiers, you are in our thoughts today ...
    Last night, Funnel Clouds, Tornados, and Straight-Line Winds hit most of central and southern Indiana pretty hard. So far it looks like Evansville the worst, and made national news.

Martinsville was hit by funnel clouds (at least that is what they are saying now) and still spectulating about straightline winds.

We managed to go through 2 seasons in a matter of 6 hours. It was in the low 50's upper 40's yesterday evening, then all of the sudden the temperature started dropping drastically. The county above us was in a Tornado Warning, and my family and I were sitting in the living room eating dinner. The winds started raging, our windows and doors rattling, the dogs started freaking out ... I wiped Braedon out of his high chair and down the stairs to the basement.

It was over pretty quickly, and thankfully we did run into the basement. Across the street is a Martial Arts and Gymnastics Facility. Last summer they built a pole barn like building right behind the facility. Unfortunately they built it on a sink whole, and insurance did not cover it, and the poor woman had mortgaged her house to build it. The building was torn to shreads last night. Fortunately it did not hit our house, nor did the big tree branch that fell off our neighbors tree, but it all easily could have. After the winds, or funnel cloud came through, temperatures headed down into the single digits, freezing the roads instantly.

It was a rough night .. no power, well into the negatives with the windchill. Roofs off all over the place and trees down, and we were one of the areas that got the least.

I hope that fellow hoosiers were as fortunate as we were and please let us know if we can do anything to help! Our house and hearts are open!!
    KK

Affiliate Manager JusticeforGirls's Avatar
    I live in South Bend and we had pretty bad straight-line wind damage all over the area. There were people without power, but luckily ours stayed on all night. I've been complaining about the transportation woes I felt this morning, but my heart goes out to the families who lost people and property in this nasty storm. I hope everybody stays warm and safe this winter!

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    I am so, so, so glad you guys are okay.

This is the building across the street of us. The houses over the railroad tracks down the street, and the co-op a a few houses down from us.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KK

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Dang - hang in there you guys! Happy you're safe Kristin.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

We spent the better part of the evening in the basement with the kids. I was so happy that we moved from a house without a basement to one with a basement. Probably one of the best decisions that we have made in a long time. Indiana can be SO scary when the tornadoes come through.

I feel horrible for the woman across the street from you, Kristen. We were pretty fortunate in Fishers only to have some random small damage.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

No Longer Banned!
    Indianas Tornados...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Dang - hang in there you guys! Happy you're safe Kristin.

I just saw a programme on tv that says that North Dakota is the ony state on record to not have a tornado....

I hope all is well ya'all.

Steve

http and a telephoto
    Stay safe!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    My gosh, last night was something else! Had most of my family out when the worst went through, one son in Spencer and my wife over in Bloomington.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

From one weather-torn state to another, my thoughts are with you guys. Tornadoes scare the daylights out of me - way too unpredictable with way too much destruction occurring way too quickly.

Glad everyone there is OK.

I have problems understanding how that torn apart building meets minimum local code requirements. These flying pieces of poorly constructed crap were flying around potentially damaging everyone else's property too.

The three little pigs story comes to mind. That was one building that wasn't planned very well, from the whole sink hole issue to the final seconds of its demise.

-sfcom

Yesterday was quite a day for weather. You guys had it a lot worse than we did. We had the huge temperature drop and continuous 45-50 mph winds all day. There were trees down and fires and power outages, but only a tornado watch - no actual funnels. I've been piling branches for the last hour or so. I'll let the millions of twigs wait until the winds die down.

I can't imagine going through what we did yesterday with the addition of your freezing temperatures and icy conditions. Glad you're OK - those pictures look scary!

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Our thoughts are with you and we're glad you are okay.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Thank you all for the well wishes .. elbow, everyone alright I am assuming?

sfcom - the building was a very large pole barn they were planning on using for storage I believe. The building was never finished because it was built on a sink whole and they had to stop construction, so it's hard telling exactly what they were planning on using it for.

There were 3 other buildings that were destroyed in town, as well as the many roofs blown off including the courthouse roof. A semi was blow straight off of the road into several electric poles.

Overall, it seems like everyone is fine in the town, the hospital lost power with three people on life support but the generators kicked it quickly enough ...

Thank you all again for your thoughts and if you know anyone in the area that needs assistance .. let us know.
    KK

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Kinsey
    Thank you all for the well wishes .. elbow, everyone alright I am assuming?

sfcom - the building was a very large pole barn they were planning on using for storage I believe. The building was never finished because it was built on a sink whole and they had to stop construction, so it's hard telling exactly what they were planning on using it for.

There were 3 other buildings that were destroyed in town, as well as the many roofs blown off including the courthouse roof. A semi was blow straight off of the road into several electric poles.

Overall, it seems like everyone is fine in the town, the hospital lost power with three people on life support but the generators kicked it quickly enough ...

Thank you all again for your thoughts and if you know anyone in the area that needs assistance .. let us know.
    Yep, we're peachy keen. Lost a few roof tiles and some stuff of our deck. You folks in Martinsville got the brunt of it, though!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread