Thumbs down TicketsNow Places Cap On Super Bowl Commission
    Here's a shock for all the ticket affiliates. Just got an email from ticketsnow saying they had cut super bowl prices so low that the most they can pay affiliates is $200 per transaction. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I know some of you will give the argument that if they can't afford to pay it, then they just can't pay it. That's fine too, I'll respond to that in advance. Honor your end of the affiliate agreement and pay commissions like you say you will... Online ticket industry is growing like crazy, it just seems that the companies you think are reputable, are turning their backs on the very people that helped them get to where they are today...Cutting and capping commissions only benefits one. that is the company. Enjoy the extra money!

I saw this come through yesterday afternoon and was disappointed in them also. I would think that they should have the extra cash on hand from prior transactions to pay according to the original comm structure on these ones. Very poor move on their part.

See p. 32 of A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing by Geno Prussakov:

"Yes, lowering the commission rate at any time during the life of your affiliate program would indeed be a grave mistake. To be frank, it would more than likely bury your affiliate program."

The odds aren't in their favor. Let's see how they come out of it.

-sfcom

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    LOL - were'nt they offering 25 Grand just last week?

oooops - almost copied the email here - forgot the warning the CJ mafia gave me

Lovely start to the new and exciting industry-changing alliance of ticketsnow & ticketmaster.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    LOL - were'nt they offering 25 Grand just last week?

oooops - almost copied the email here - forgot the warning the CJ mafia gave me

That was for a suite. Don't know if they changed the comm on that too, but from the last email, it does seem that way. If it was to be unchanged, at $25k/suite, that was a mistake not to put that in the email also.

-sfcom

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    I'd first check if you can guess if they could afford to pay.

PPC bids for

"super bowl tickets"

spyfu has it up to $3.28 a click
    http://www.spyfu.com/Term.aspx?t=1479985

in google i see ticketsnow bidding for 2nd position.

So if they convert at 2% or below. Then it seems like $200 is what its worth to them.

With the tickets going for 1,800 to 2k a piece.

thats my guess
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Here's the bottom line for me. Ticketsnow is not the greatest now, nor were they before the cap. I'm all over ticketnetwork because they charge the customer an 18% service fee. It's too high and I have not converted a single sale from them. Ticketsnow charges 15% to the customer, so they are not much better. StubHub may have taken away our leads commission and no matter how much I would love to drop them to go to someone else, the customer dictates that I will stick with them until a real opportunity shows up. You never know about that. Have you ever heard of viagogo?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread