View Poll Results: Who do you predict will win Superbowl XLII?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giants

11 32.35%
  • Patriots

20 58.82%
  • Forget the game, just give it to the Jets LOL

3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Superbowl 2008 predictions
    So ... who's it gonna be?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    As I wrote in another thread a week ago, I see amazing similarities between the past season's baseball and football seasons and playoffs. Colorado had an amazing run just to get the wild card spot, as did the Giants, and they continued their fabulous play in the playoffs to get to the World Series, as the Giants did to get to the Super Bowl. The Red Sox seemed clearly to be baseball's best team for most of the season, had a couple of misteps, then turned it on to dominate in the World Series. NE did much the same thing, and I think they will also take it to the Giants in the Super Bowl: NE by 21.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The responses to this poll looks a lot more like "Who do you WANT to win the superbowl?"

Internet Cowboy
    Giants 19
    Patriots 16

MVP - Brandon Jacobs

Joe Buck will refer to Eli as Peyton 6 times.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    I read a great article the other day that sheds light on what type of team the Giants are.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=3210952

So we have the worst regular season team, statistically, to make the Superbowl vs. the best regular season team, staistically, to make the Superbowl.

I know the Giants have been playing GREAT football over the past month, but I like the Pats chances.

GO PATS!!!!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Joe Buck will refer to Eli as Peyton 6 times.
    haha. I'm going to count!

http and a telephoto
    I know who will vote for option 3
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

My prediction: Trust will want to change his avatar...

ABW Ambassador
    America 31 - New England Patriots 27

I can't see the Pats losing. In fact, they've won several of the Republican Primaries, haven't they?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Earlier my predictions were NE by 14, but I have changed my line. I have gained slight more confidence with the giants.

If I was a betting man, I would buy 3 points on the Las Vegas spread of 12. Sorry trust, still don't think the giants can pull it off (and i'm from NY). NE win by 9

My predictions:

1. A football game will be played. One team will win.
    2. There will be many, many, many commercials. Some of them will be memorable, most will not. Vast sums of money will be spent on both.
    3. The NFL will continue it's trend of trotting out the most safe, boring act for the half time show possible - thanks, Janet.
    4. About 30 days after the event, two hundred people will be "dealt with... permanently" for not paying their gambling debt. Also, three thousand people will be "dealt with... but left alive" and sixteen thousand will be "dealt with... by their wives", which some say makes them worse off then the people that got visits from Vinny the Knuckle. Astonishingly, the mob will continue to survive despite the number of deadbeats.

That's all I've got. If I come up with more useful stuff, I'll let you know.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

ABW Ambassador
    You have to remember my earlier predictions:

I had them going to the Superbowl before the season started, the Pats:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...51&postcount=9

And then a few weeks in, had them going undefeated and winning it:

"He's just killing it out there with Moss. I can't see anybody beating them. If there is a team that could get a perfect season, this would be the one and they're going to win the SB."
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=50

But, the Giants are who I would like to see win. I still would give the edge to the Pats but they did play them close and only lost by 3, 38-35. So you never know. And they have won 10 in a row on the road and they got to the Superbowl by beating the 2 best NFC teams, Dallas and Green Bay, teams they lost to at the beginning of the season. Think the Giants winning would be a great story, good for Eli and the Giants. You also have to remember Eli had a separated shoulder I believe near the beginning of the season but still played. And Plaxico really didn't practice during the season because of his injury, just lately he has been. And practice is where you get the timing down. Same with the receiver they drafted from USC, Smith, was injured. If they lose, they lose to a team that has beat everybody else, probably the best team ever. So it won't be as bad as the Patriots losing. And I sometimes forget I did graduate HS in the state of New York, so I kind of can claim them a little jump on the bandwagon, since my Falcons suck

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    So ... who's it gonna be?
    Forget all the media and NFL press corps hype. NY doesn't have a chance. I like what the Giants did this year, but they are way out of their league with the Patriots.

I pick N.E. by at least 14 points... But let's ask Brent what he thinks and listen to his cautious walk around the bush gentlemans reply. LOL
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    I pick N.E. by at least 14 points... But let's ask Brent what he thinks and listen to his cautious walk around the bush gentlemans reply. LOL

Well, I honestly can't see the Patriots losing this game. i've watched every game we played this season, and came away every week more impressed with this teams make-up. They face adversity and crush it. Perfect example, the last Giants game. The G-men had us on the ropes. They were taking it to us. Then, the second half came and the Patriots started playing like they had all year. They finished the game with 3 td drives in a row followed by Tom Brady kneeling out the clock.

The Giants are going to have to play the absolute game of their lives if they want to sniff victory against the best Patriots team and maybe the best NFL team of all time. This Pats team is just that good. I never thought I would ever be able to write a statement like that in my lifetime, but that is just how this teeam makes you feel.

I hope everyone has a great Superbowl Sunday! I will be watching it in the same seat that I have watched every game all season long, complete with my Tom Brady Jersey on.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    The Giants are going to have to play the absolute game of their lives if they want to sniff victory against the best Patriots team and maybe the best NFL team of all time. This Pats team is just that good.
    OK Brent, I agree that the Pats have been awesome this year. In my mind, the best team in the NFL this year, whether they win or lose the superbowl. I also believe they will blow the Giants out Sunday, which will unfortunately not make for a very worthwhile viewer experience.

HOWEVER, gimme a break with this "best of all time" stuff. There is no way, I repeat there is NO WAY to tell who is the greatest football team, NBA team, baseball player, hockey player, etc etc of all time. That is purely a bi-product of unrealistic fan wishful thinking and media hype to sell papers and ratings.

If you had been alive in 1958, and lived in Baltimore, you and the local press would claim that Johnny Unitas and the Baltimore Colts were the greatest of all time. If you have been alive in the mid to late 60's and lived in Green Bay, you'd swear it was the Packers. If you lived in Denver in 98 and 99 you'd have surely claimed it was the Broncos.

Fans are never objective, the media knows it, and so we always hear these "best ever" comparisons. But it's all subjective, and no one can ever honestly / accurately establish a factual best ever at anything. There are too many variables from one era to another to establish that, but it does sell jerseys, papers and t.v. ratings, and that is what it is all about. The Pats are great this year, and I think they will handily dominate the Giants.

So enjoy the game, complete with your Tom Brady jersey and by the way, your Colorado Rockies bottle opener
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    You can use an undeafeated record as a basis, none of the teams you mentioned above had that. Miami had it.

I am rooting for the giants only because they are not the Jets.

Actually the Giants appear to be hungry for it.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I bought hubby a Giants championship t-shirt to wear for the big game tomorrow. It'll be small consolation when they lose to the Pats but hey -- I'm a thoughtful wife.

GO PATS!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    My predictions:

1. A football game will be played. One team will win.
    2. There will be many, many, many commercials. Some of them will be memorable, most will not. Vast sums of money will be spent on both.
    3. The NFL will continue it's trend of trotting out the most safe, boring act for the half time show possible - thanks, Janet.
    4. About 30 days after the event, two hundred people will be "dealt with... permanently" for not paying their gambling debt. Also, three thousand people will be "dealt with... but left alive" and sixteen thousand will be "dealt with... by their wives", which some say makes them worse off then the people that got visits from Vinny the Knuckle. Astonishingly, the mob will continue to survive despite the number of deadbeats.

That's all I've got. If I come up with more useful stuff, I'll let you know.
    OMG - that made me laugh!

I'll add this to your list:

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers will Rock Super Bowl Halftime Show

I think it will be a tight game, with the Patriots breaking loose in the second half to win by 10.

Affiliate Manager Julia_Shoeboxed's Avatar
    Go Giants!
    That overtime field goal was sick. I hope they show the same perseverance and fortitude in the SUPERBOWL! Go Giants!!!

I vote option number one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    You can use an undeafeated record as a basis, none of the teams you mentioned above had that. Miami had it.
    Yeah, but arguments would still be made for and against because the length of the season changed. We'll never know if Miami could've stayed undefeated during a longer season. And there could've been many teams in the last few decades that could've gone undefeated in a shorter season like Miami did. There's lots of if's and but's. So, as Alan says, you can't really determine a best team of all time.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    the people that got visits from Vinny the Knuckle.
    OMG I can't stop laughing.....

Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    wow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast