Outsourced Program Manager
    Nintendo Wii????
    Ok, so naturally we couldn't find any nintendo wii's at Christmas time for our soon to be 8 year old, but I wasn't too worried because I knew his birthday was coming up and just KNEW that they would be back in stock by then. Well, his birthday is Saturday and I cannot find a single Wii in all of Las Vegas!!! Anyone have any suggestions??? They aren't even available to order online yet!!! I even called a store in Reno tonight to see if they had any LOL Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

my birthday is Saturday too

you were supposed to order your wii in November if you wanted it by Saturday

Happy Birthday! Yeah, little did I know that you had to order them 6 months in advance!!

Pawn shops may already have them. Just make sure you get a manual with it. Just a suggestion.

CPA Network Rep Dina - MarketLeverage Blogger's Avatar
    We got one for the office at Electronics Boutique in the mall. We called and asked them if they had any, they said they expected to get a shipment in the next couple of hours. So someone went down and got a number and shopped while they waited for the shipment to come in.

You might want to search eBay (locally) or Craigslist. Most of the time the people selling these are trying to make a huge cut on them. Possibly you could find a seller here or there not trying to make a mortgage payment from just one sale.

-sfcom

So far this is the best I could come up with .. http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?N=138+83 .. will keep an eye out.

There are also some smaller sites that are advertising on google that have them instock .. never heard of them, but you might check to see if they do overnight saturday delivery?
    Last edited by Kristin Kinsey; February 1st, 2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: adding some google stuff
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Kinsey
    So far this is the best I could come up with .. http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?N=138+83 .. will keep an eye out.

There are also some smaller sites that are advertising on google that have them instock .. never heard of them, but you might check to see if they do overnight saturday delivery?
    As far as I can tell, the GameStop one is a pre-order.

-sfcom

Outsourced Program Manager Rufus's Avatar
    I got a wii from walking in to a Game stop maybe true calling round a few different stores and seeing when they are getting a order in ?
    Rufus Bazley,
    [URL=http://www.odst.co.uk]DataFeed and API Creation[/URL]
    [URL=http://jobon.info]Marketing Site[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.compare-treadmills.co.uk]Treadmill Reviews[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    As far as I can tell, the GameStop one is a pre-order.

-sfcom
    Yep, put it there as an option although handing an 8 year old a receipt and saying they have to wait until the 15th is kind of mean... lol
    KK

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Kinsey
    Yep, put it there as an option although handing an 8 year old a receipt and saying they have to wait until the 15th is kind of mean... lol
    Alec probably would get a kick out of it, and have his mom up at 6 am that day to be there exactly when the store opened
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks everyone! The Gamestop pre-order is my backup plan but I'm currently bidding on one on Ebay that they don't want a million dollars for unless you did the Buy It Now and they've already told me they will overnight it today :-) Now if some moron will stop outbidding me since the guy has like another 15 systems on there that are all ending today! I thought I was actually going to get it for $9 since there's no reserve LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Team Loxly
    Thanks everyone! The Gamestop pre-order is my backup plan but I'm currently bidding on one on Ebay that they don't want a million dollars for unless you did the Buy It Now and they've already told me they will overnight it today :-) Now if some moron will stop outbidding me since the guy has like another 15 systems on there that are all ending today! I thought I was actually going to get it for $9 since there's no reserve LOL
    Consider this as you will, but I think you might be better off just limiting your eBay search to the LV area. That way you don't have to deal with a transport snafu or a seller who says they will overnight and then they get it there by Tuesday instead.

-sfcom

Make sure it is overnight delivery for Saturday Delivery. If it's just standard overnight, you won't get it till Monday. Good luck!
    KK

Hey Liz,

I was at gamestop here in NY buying a game for my nephew, they had some wii's in stock.

I remembered this post, so i asked if any in LV had some - there is 1 available at a game stop in station plaza - i don't know where that is but i'm sure you can google it.
    Better run!

local gamestops get them usually daily or every couple days ...keep trying.

Thanks so much to everyone that has offered their suggestions! A very special thanks goes to BuyJewelry! That is probably the only game stop that I hadn't called in the last 24 hours and they did indeed have one left!!! They were very kind to hold it for the hour it took me to get out there since it is rush hour here in Vegas. Let me know if you're coming out for Summit because I owe you a drink! LOL Thanks again everyone!

we just got lucky last Easter and went into our local gamestop for my son to trade in a game and sitting so beautifully on the shelf was a Wii.....that was the family Easter present...

Hey Hey, Cool! Glad to help.
    I actually might be in LV for the summit and will let you know (can't pass up a free drink!)

-Samir

Just so you guys know, Toys-R-Us are going to have the Wii consoles in stock next week.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread