Best Cart for CPA based product site
    I am setting up CPA campaigns for some of my products, and I am trying to determine what is the best solution regarding a shopping cart, other than 100% custom.

Two that I am considering are Merchandizer (corporate) and shop site pro

Any thoughts or suggestions on these or another product that can fill my need

The key is that I want to be able to present a CPA offer, which means that I have to be able to integrate parts the form on the landing page, with the rest of the form on the following page.

Any suggestions or thoughts on shopping carts?
    Last edited by jh3000; February 1st, 2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: error correction

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    So volution offers the ability to integrate forms onto web pages, before one page checkout?

It sounds like it doesn't... or does it since they host your website? From my understanding volution is pretty basic and sold as a turnkey solution for companies getting started and not really just a shopping cart.

Am I wrong?

Are you selling hard goods or downloadable products?

They are physical products

this one is pretty good, especially if you don't need/want the hassle of a full custom solution: http://1shoppingcart.com/

you can use a merchant account with that one, or paypal, some options too i believe. i testing using it for a little while and was pretty happy with it.

LOL, my bad I should have said not to mention 1shoppingcart.

I currently do use 1shoppingcart for some products, however I am unsure that if due to its limitations it is going to work for me on a cpa style campagn where I want to place certain fields directly on the landing page copy.

That is why I am looking at alternatives.

Since 1shoppingcart is a 1 button style cart, I have a programmer looking it if I can work something out to pre-populate certain fields, which may provide a solution, if this is possible, but still not as good as a better intergrated cart option.

Have you used 1shoppingcart for cpa syle campaigns with success? If so let me know how

Thanks

It sounds like you need a "real" shopping cart hosted on your domain...not a 1shoppingcart or paypal type solution?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jh3000
    So volution offers the ability to integrate forms onto web pages, before one page checkout?

It sounds like it doesn't... or does it since they host your website? From my understanding volution is pretty basic and sold as a turnkey solution for companies getting started and not really just a shopping cart.

Am I wrong?
    First off the Volusion hosted cart passes the certification test for every feature important to ecommerce merchants. Want the highest level integration of necessities like Goggle Checkout - PayPal -every credit card processing merchant interface, Big 4 affiliate network integration, All branded analytics package integration, built in affiliate management package for indy tracking... and every major merchandising trick available in a off the shelf shopping cart/ecatalog.

http://www.volusion.com/shopping-car...e-features.asp show it's has the basics... and the advanced features for product merchants. Give it the free 2 week trial.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

volusion looks pretty slick. i hadn't checked them out in a long time but they seem to have improved a lot. the choices for shopping carts are totally overwhelming. just make sure you do lots of homework and choose something that works for you - and lets you grow

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread