Email I received from WhenU... anybody else?

whatUseek Web Business: Achieve Excellence In Online Business

"Search engine exposure continues to be the linchpin of successful e-commerce. Get listed on them and you greatly increase your chance of succeeding in Web-based commerce. However, to not be widely listed is a virtual kiss of death."

As a webmaster, I know how important promoting your web site is to you. Recently, a wave of new offerings from several major search engines and directories have been surfacing--offerings designed to circumvent the pitfalls of the typical search engine submission process. Most of these services are premium (fee-based) offerings, which can actually be an advantage for those webmasters willing to pay the price of admission--I call this phenomenon "price filtering." Because the *free* submissions cost nothing, they're frequently abused, and often consist of queues of tens of thousands of URLs. Fee-based services, on the other hand, are rarely abused because, in addition to price filtering, human approval and editing of the submission is often involved.

Unfortunately, these premium services can cost $200 or more, and some of them do not let you choose your associated keywords and categories. And the popular pay-per-click campaigns often cost a minimum of $240/year to implement, and sometimes much more if your listing gets clicked on frequently.

The best pound-for-pound premium submission service may be the one that our parent search engine, whatUseek, has recently started offering called "The whatUseek Collection."

http://...

whatUseek is an important network of search properties that has been around since 1996, and has been popular with internet users for years. The whatUseek Collection now uses the second generation of The Collection technology, with greater category exposure and several other exposure enhancements.

Submitting to The whatUseek Collection allows you to choose associated search terms and categories which is an added plus, and each submission is reviewed by a human editor within a guaranteed amount of time. whatUseek also sends out a spider to crawl your site's content for additional query relevance, so as not to limit your site's exposure to just the keywords and categories you selected, but opening up queries relevant to your site's theme that you may not have entered into the submission form! whatUseek is one of the only metasearch engines to actually accept submissions, and the only one with a service like this. Prices range from only $24.99 to $49.99 per URL for non-adult web sites, with one-year listing duration, and no per-click fees.

SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER FOR YOU:

For the next 48 hours, you will receive a 25% discount when submitting your site to the whatUseek Collection.

Go to http://... to receive your special discount.

Remember that successful e-commerce revolves around successful search engine exposure. Thanks in advance for making The whatUseek Collection an affordable, effective component of your online marketing campaign(s).

Best Regards,
    Jude Mansilla
    Editor, whatUseek Web Business

Please delete the original post. When I saw the 'U' in whatUseek, I thought it was WhenU...

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I believe they partner with Gator...so you weren't far off mark

Cheers

Chris

That's sad if they partner with Gator.

Rosalind Gardner earned $436,797 in 2002 by promoting only affiliate programs. She reveals ALL her secrets step by step in her Super Affiliate Handbook (267 pages) www.renio.biz/rosalind/

I wasn't aware of that. Anyway, the email I received from them was

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread