View Poll Results: What time do you normally go to sleep?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • 9 - 10 pm

9 6.72%
  • 10 - 11 pm

18 13.43%
  • 11 pm - midnight

27 20.15%
  • midnight - 1 am

26 19.40%
  • by 2 am

20 14.93%
  • past 2 am

33 24.63%
  • ...before 9 pm

1 0.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    What Time Do You Go To Sleep?
    I have my reasons to believe that affiliate marketers are predominantly night owls... But I've decided to post this poll anyway.

Thanks.

Geno

15 years and counting
    I don't need much sleep and I believe it's for a good part in my success as an affiliate. I believe I'm not the only one by the number of posters at ABW late in the night.

Sleep?

What's that? Could you define the term, please?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    11 pm - midnight

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I typically get up early and stay up late. I take a nap in the afternoon when I'm tired.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quit working or actually go to sleep? I normally work until sometime around 12:30 - 1:30, but by the time I relax, unwind, and can get to sleep, it's usually 2:00-3:00 am.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

There is little time to sleep. Google is building super-affiliate "robots" as we speak. Time to make money while there is still some to be made. LOL.

-sfcom

Tax Paying Member
    Affiliate marketers are not the only nightowls.

I think that some of us,(when we can) gravitate toward professions which will allow us to live in our physiological comfort zone. I for one have worked much of my life at night and either sleep or play during the day. I am frequently accused of have my body clock wired backards.

It is also hereditary. My daughter does the same.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I think I am more creative and work best at night. I only wish I could go to bed early (or take a nap) - once I wake up in the morning, that's it until it's time for bed. I am lucky if I am asleep by 1 am.

Before Dave broke his hip, we had worked out a routine where I used our shared office by myself from midnight until about 3 am and he was working alone from about 5 am until 8 am while I slept in. That gave us each about 3 hours of solitude. But lately we've been watching the late late show monologue and then sleeping until 7 or 7:30.

Then he works all day and I play.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm the "early to bed, early to rise" type, as is hubby. Some of that is because the dogs wake us up early in the morning so we kind of adjusted to that routine. We are definitely both larks, however. Once the sun sets our batteries start running down.

I've picked up the routine that Judi has discarded. Hubby is a HAM and gets the mornings to play on his radio stuff while I sleep in. He gets me up about 9-10 and we work together all day. I'm up late to work on sites - less interruptions then. Hours vary as we see fit.

Dave's a HAM also! In fact, I took him to the HAM club lunch today, dropped him at the door and went shopping. It was grand! He's been a HAM since he was about 14 years old - I know there was a 50th anniversay in there recently.

Used to be around 4AM but now it's usually 10PM but it varies based on workload.

I get up at 6:30AM and am at the gym 8am every morning (for over 6 months now) regardless of the time I finally do go to sleep.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I'm sleeping right now. Do some of my best work while I'm unconscious!! It's an ancient far eastern art I learned while apprenticing in Tibet as a young man. I miss those monks and their wild sense of humor!

I usually go to bed around 10 and I rise around 5 a.m. Love the early mornings. My most productive mental state is between 6 am and 10 am each morning. After that it's just fly by the seat of the pants adlib.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    I get up at 6:30AM and am at the gym 8am every morning (for over 6 months now) regardless of the time I finally do go to sleep.
    Exercising early in the morning is the best thing to do if one wants to get to a healthy sleeping habit. I recall my Oxford days (back 8 years ago) when I woke up at 5 am in the morning to jog in The University Parks. Back then I simply couldn't allow myself go to sleep later than 10:30 pm. Now I go to sleep between midnight and 1 am.

I've read it somewhere that the best and most restoring night sleep that you get is that which happens before midnight.

Geno

OK Judi, that explains it then, it's a HAM plot to keep the wives asleep while they travel all over the world. LOL!
    Actually whenever we finish getting out all our post-Christmas orders I do not plan to be up til 3 AM every nite. That should be in the next few days. I have always gotten more done at night though just because there are no distractions.

It varies quite a bit for me, but on average it's probably between 11pm and midnight so that's what I chose.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I have always gotten more done at night though just because there are no distractions.
    That's the reason, exactly. I'm easily distracted by anything when I have some dreaded chore to complete. I'll do laundry to avoid cleaning up a code mess I've made on a site. Once it gets quiet in the house and there's no more possibility of doing anything else to avoid work, I get engrossed in it and suddenly it's almost time to get up!

Back in the days when Dave spent a lot of his spare time with his radios, there was no possibility of getting anything done because the RF noise made me crazy. Sometimes during contests the TV and the toaster would both be shouting his call sign in static noise.

Usually in bed before 9 and get up at 4am
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Sometimes during contests the TV and the toaster would both be shouting his call sign in static noise.
    ROFLMAO I know what you mean!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If I have to catch some place before it closes, I can do it (sometimes after several attempts). But for the most part I'm definitely a night person. I routinely see the sun come up just BEFORE I go to bed. So..."after 2AM" the majority of the time. WAY after.

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    Affiliate marketers are not the only nightowls.

I think that some of us,(when we can) gravitate toward professions which will allow us to live in our physiological comfort zone. I for one have worked much of my life at night and either sleep or play during the day. I am frequently accused of have my body clock wired backards.
    I second this. Any day j*bs I tried always ended blindingly fast. As in, literally a day or two. All j*bs suck, but the "first shift" must have been invented by the Marquis de Sade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno
    I've read it somewhere that the best and most restoring night sleep that you get is that which happens before midnight.
    That's only true if you get technical about it (7AM-3PM *is* technically "before midnight" but I don't think that's what the writer had in mind)!

The problem with the sleep studies I've read about is that they're full of day creatures who canNOT even think of anyone responding differently (on a physical level) than they do! Then on top of that, the ones doing the study set up a feedback loop to reinforce their prejudices by only having other day people as subjects and/or by classifying all the night people as having some sort of "sleep disorder."

But any real night person can tell you that if they try sleeping at a day person's "normal" times, they'll either not be able to do so at all, or will feel like a truck ran over them.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Usually in bed before 9 and get up at 4am
    Wow! I've just added a separate voting option for "before 9 pm" too... Sorry for not thinking about it earlier, V.

G.

http and a telephoto
    EST or PST

My sleep patterns are all messed up, depending on what coast I am on... I passed on voting.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

“I refuse to answer on the ground that it may tend to incriminate me”

(i.e. I still get in trouble with Mommy)
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast