Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Full Time Affiliate Status
    Even if I had the time to do affiliate marketing full time, I am not sure I would. I can't see how spending 40 hours per week on affiliate marketing would make any difference to my bottom line compared to the amount of time I spend now.

At least for the sites I run, throwing more hours at it may not make much of a difference. Maybe that's the problem though. I should probably be spending more time doing something different with affiliate marketing that what I have done in the past.

Seems like you are always beating yourself up on the board, Seymour.

Do what you enjoy. If affiliate marketing seems like too much work for you then you might just have to leave it behind for a while. You can come back to it. Actually, that is one of the nice things about it.

Being happy is a big part of being "rich" in life.

-sfcom

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    I should probably be spending more time doing something different with affiliate marketing that what I have done in the past.
    This sounds like a plan. It's always good to try something different if what your doing now isn't working. Change things up a bit and see if it makes a difference.

I meant that maybe I should try something different with affiliate marketing. Meaning that I need to look more outside "my box" in the way I go about things.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Seymour, you just love to complain. It is fun to always try new things. I have the opposite problem. I work on too many projects and experiments at once. This week (and probably the next few as well) I'm playing with datafeeds. I'm not sure how to use them with CJ, linkshare, or performics, so I guess that leaves me with Avantlink and SAS.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    Seymour, you just love to complain. It is fun to always try new things. I have the opposite problem. I work on too many projects and experiments at once. This week (and probably the next few as well) I'm playing with datafeeds. I'm not sure how to use them with CJ, linkshare, or performics, so I guess that leaves me with Avantlink and SAS.
    Maybe my title should read "Resident Complainer".

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    I meant that maybe I should try something different with affiliate marketing. Meaning that I need to look more outside "my box" in the way I go about things.
    I agree, I tried several things with my site before I finally started to see conversions like I wanted. If one thing isn't working, try something different and take notes so you know what does start to work.

For me, it was not enough pre-sell on my pages. Once I got the hang of it, I started to see conversions.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread