Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this, but I didn’t see another section I thought was appropriate.

I’m hoping one of you parasite/spyware experts might know the answer to my problem.
    I don’t know if the problem is related to a parasite issue, but I’m not familiar with how all of the different parasite, spyware, etc. programs work..

Here is my problem.

Several of my pages are set up in the typical fashion with logo at the top, left navigation table at the left and then in the body section are products.
    Each product has a picture, description of the product and then an affiliate link that goes to the merchant’s site.
    The affiliate links are a mix of CJ, LS and BeFree links.

Every so often, visitors to my site are telling me that they are NOT able to see pictures and the affiliate links. The only thing these people are seeing is the logo, left navigation table and the descriptions of the products. The picture (which is also linked to the merchant) and the affiliate link itself are completely gone.

I’ve had these pages looked at by several programmers, who see no problems; I’ve tested them on several computers and I can not duplicate the problem. I know the computers that I’ve tested on are clean, so I started wondering about parasite programs/applications (whatever the correct wording is).

Are there parasite programs, spyware programs, etc. that can make my pictures and affiliate links disappear if the visitor to my site has the program installed on their computer?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

The end users have Kazaa installed, CJ purports that they will fix this issue on the next update.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Thanks for the reply Haiko.
    So are you saying that Kazaa will definitely cause this problem?

Many ad blockers block the major aff networks. NIS will block LS, shareasale, and most MYAP links/images. The newer versions may block cj as well, don't know.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

It seems that your visitors have parasite software on their computers. If they removed it then it should work.

Rosalind Gardner earned $436,797 in 2002 by promoting only affiliate programs. She reveals ALL her secrets step by step in her Super Affiliate Handbook (267 pages) www.renio.biz/rosalind/

???

--
    "No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there." – Norman Vincent Peale
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    KazaaLITE is one of the ones that cause that problem. It interferes with the display of a lot of ads and tracking links.

~Revenue is King

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    KaZZaaLite is a concerted effort by the die hard Music/Video copywrite P2P thieves to eliminate any distractions from their quest to steal. Don't expect any action coming from this group of 3rd world hackers feeding those who make bootlegged copies for sale at the world's fleamarkets.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Kazaalite or any one of numerous popup blockers. Even though your links are't pops, many block the images and straight links also.

Will be interesting to see what this fix is that Cj has mentioned.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Thank you everyone for your comments.

At least I know what the problem is now. I’ve been going over and over this for weeks while going crazy trying to figure out the problem. Now I can at least relax that the problem is not on my end. I can now see why everyone has such a problem with this type of program like Kazaa. I knew the program was bad, but I had no idea it would do this.
    I’ll be following the parasite topics more closely.

After Haiko’s reply last night I emailed the most recent visitor that was having the problem with my site. I asked if they had Kazaa installed on their machine and sure enough, they just replied this morning saying “yes”.

One other question to webmistress or anyone else that knows. Webmistress mentions NIS. What is NIS?

Also, could someone post a link to the latest topic or website that is fighting this type of program. I would like to learn more and help in the fight any way that I can.

Thanks.

Besides my question above; “What does NIS mean?, that is mentioned by webmistress above”.

I was also wondering does anyone have a complete descriptive page that explains all the disadvantages about parasites, spyware such as Kazaa?
    I thought if I posted a page on my site explaining why these programs are bad I could educate some of my visitors that use these programs.

Then if I get emails from future visitors that are having the same problem as I described in my very first post above, I could direct them to this disadvantage page and hopefully get them to download Ad-ware or some other program to remove Kazaa and other spyware applications from their computer.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread